Silverdale

fargen01

I have heard a lot of things about Silverdale's upcoming season with their new transfers. I just wanted to ask if anyone actually has any facts about them not just rumors. And predictions on their overall & region records wouldn't hurt. Here's their schedule:

8/24 Oliver Springs Home 7:30

8/31 Riverside Christian Home 7:30

9/7 Grace Baptist Academy Away 7:30

9/14 Open

9/21 Copper Basin Away 7:30

9/28 Temple Home 7:30

10/5 David Brainerd Home 7:30

10/12 Sequatchie County Away 8:00

10/19 South Pittsburg Home 7:30

10/26 Lookout Valley Away 7:30

11/2 Whitwell Home 8:00

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest i wonder how much we hear about Silverdale is true. There could just be alot of hype because of how temple did last year. Temple came out of nowhere and got an undefeated season and it could turn out that people are just afraid the silverdale is this years temple. They could turn out to be a flop and not even make the playoffs. or they could turn out to go undefeated in the regular season. Either way i don't see them being as good as last years temple.

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ Apr 30 2007 - 08:48 PM) 826448679[/snapback]To be honest i wonder how much we hear about Silverdale is true.

thats why I started this forum, i want to know something thats true. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ Apr 30 2007 - 08:48 PM) 826448679[/snapback]it could turn out that people are just afraid the silverdale is this years temple. They could turn out to be a flop and not even make the playoffs. or they could turn out to go undefeated in the regular season. Either way i don't see them being as good as last years temple.

no way they will be as good as temple was, but they should be better.

QUOTE(fargen01 @ Apr 30 2007 - 07:42 PM) 826448633[/snapback]I have heard a lot of things about Silverdale's upcoming season with their new transfers. I just wanted to ask if anyone actually has any facts about them not just rumors. And predictions on their overall & region records wouldn't hurt. Here's their schedule:

I saw the transfers (6 or 7) who sat out last year and heard their coach talking about them. SD will be better. I think 8-2 is a real possibility with a stumble somewhere putting them at 7-3. They finish 3rd in the district making the playoffs but losing in the first round to Trousdale or FCS. How's that for a prediction?

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ Apr 30 2007 - 08:48 PM) 826448679[/snapback]Either way i don't see them being as good as last years temple.

I agree. That was one of those years that are hard to come by for any program.

QUOTE(zonepirate @ Apr 30 2007 - 11:58 PM) 826448825[/snapback]I saw the transfers (6 or 7) who sat out last year and heard their coach talking about them. SD will be better. I think 8-2 is a real possibility with a stumble somewhere putting them at 7-3. They finish 3rd in the district making the playoffs but losing in the first round to Trousdale or FCS. How's that for a prediction?

I agree. That was one of those years that are hard to come by for any program.

I couldn't agree more

QUOTE(zonepirate @ Apr 30 2007 - 10:58 PM) 826448825[/snapback]I saw the transfers (6 or 7) who sat out last year and heard their coach talking about them. SD will be better. I think 8-2 is a real possibility with a stumble somewhere putting them at 7-3. They finish 3rd in the district making the playoffs but losing in the first round to Trousdale or FCS. How's that for a prediction?

thats a pretty ok prediction. I would say 7-3 overall (losing to south pitt and grace for sure) and they're region record should be somewhere around 4-2 (not counting DB because I am not sure if they are going to be in this region this season)

Now, that's a good prediction. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(reaction @ May 1 2007 - 07:51 PM) 826449422[/snapback]I haven't heard of Boyd scrimmaging Silverdale. It couldn't be this spring because spring practice for Boyd is over. I'll check with my sources about the fall though and let ya know.

You are right on about spring. They had their Blue-Gold game a week ago. Maybe Cam10 is thinking about the regular season game they have scheduled with Boyd in 2007

QUOTE(fargen01 @ May 1 2007 - 04:18 PM) 826449333[/snapback]thats a pretty ok prediction. I would say 7-3 overall (losing to south pitt and grace for sure) and they're region record should be somewhere around 4-2 (not counting DB because I am not sure if they are going to be in this region this season)

Sorry but my 7-3 does not include a loss to Grace. Silverdale wins this year. Grace finishes 4th in the region. DB is in the region starting this year and will be really weak until they get their program built

Sorry but my 7-3 does not include a loss to Grace. Silverdale wins this year. Grace finishes 4th in the region. DB is in the region starting this year and will be really weak until they get their program built

[/quote

First of all,Silverdale will not be this years Temple.They will not go undefeated.I say that the SBA will go 7-3,8-2 at the best,putting them at 2nd or 3rd in the region. Not making the playoffs would be a big disappointment for everyone at Silverdale. All the guys are very motivated and are workin hard in the offseason.They even have scrimmages agianst boyd and notre dame this summer.Playin up is the best way to get you better.Coach Allen is goin to put a good product on the field this year, you can bet on that.