29-4 and not a peep

Stonewall

QUOTE(braves4life @ May 3 2007 - 08:52 PM) 826451265[/snapback]In baseball, yes. Farragut is better than DB. The game they played this year was over in the 7th, but the umpire thought he'd give the powerful big nine champs another 2 innings to try to win...and last time i checked...the winning 2 runs were scored off of none other than Bo Burton...i believe down in kingsport he is considered their ace??? but thats probably on jv though right? you should stop making excuses and just face the fact you cant win the big one

Maybe we can't win the big one,but we are still trying.The Farragut fans need to look at South Doyle's team and fans and get a good idea of what sportmanship is all about.South Doyle is a class act.You know what I mean? /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(braves4life @ May 4 2007 - 03:25 PM) 826451877[/snapback]would you give me an example other than on a stupid forum how farragut is not a class act?? i would really love to hear what you "classy" DB fans have to say

You are a prime example."Dummy"Maybe you can pick out the next pitcher that you want to put a saddle on and ride him thru to the state,like you did last year with Cappanno.He was good.Loud mouths like you are what causes bad feeling.To insult DB and to say Farragut had us beat 8in the 7th is a joke.Last year if the ball that D.Trent hit into deep center had been in right field you u would not be on this thread period.Get my drift?( The Tribe Has Spoken)

QUOTE(BwAnG @ May 4 2007 - 07:11 AM) 826451391[/snapback]Like I said for the 10th time, D-B started a pitcher that wasn't even in their rotation due to arm problems, and had only pitched 2 innings all year before he started that game. If I do remember correctly, D-B had the lead when he left the game, after 4. I wonder what would have happened if they didn't have a pitch count limit on him and let him go all 7? Stop whining about the officiating, D-B gets poor officiating and extra strong pools every year in Knoxville. The ball did go out, it hit the one of the poles behind the fence and bounced back in, or it wouldn't have popped up in the air. If it had just hit the fence it would have bounced straight down it's just simple. The sportsbelle is a joke, why did everyone in D-B's pool play each other but D-B? D-B was the only team out of the whole tourny who faced 2 teams from another pool in pool play?!?! There was never even a reason explained to us why either? and it just so happend it was a 1 or 2 seed from those pools in being Goodpasture and McCallie. Read carefully, I dont want to have to repeat myself yet an 11th time.

I was told by about 5 different people that were at the game that you could clearly hear the ball hit the wall. If it hit a pole over the fence the ball would not have hit the fence and still been in play. Honestly though, I think Farragut gets worse officiating in every sport almost every year. I can't even begin to tell you how many times Farragut has lost a game due to bad refs since I have been at Farragut. If the SportsBelle is a joke why does DB play in it?

Plowboy.. I think there are alot of teams that "ride" one pitcher through the post season, but I don't think Catapano was the only reason they won state. Other pitchers pitched too. Plus there was hitting. Maybe last year at DB if that pitch ,that D.Trent hit into center, was a little lower he might have just swung and missed and it would have also been over. I also don't see where you are getting that Farragut isn't a class act. Give examples. Not just what someone says on a forum then complain about last year.

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ May 4 2007 - 06:01 PM) 826451960[/snapback]I was told by about 5 different people that were at the game that you could clearly hear the ball hit the wall. If it hit a pole over the fence the ball would not have hit the fence and still been in play. Honestly though, I think Farragut gets worse officiating in every sport almost every year. I can't even begin to tell you how many times Farragut has lost a game due to bad refs since I have been at Farragut. If the SportsBelle is a joke why does DB play in it?

Plowboy.. I think there are alot of teams that "ride" one pitcher through the post season, but I don't think Catapano was the only reason they won state. Other pitchers pitched too. Plus there was hitting. Maybe last year at DB if that pitch ,that D.Trent hit into center, was a little lower he might have just swung and missed and it would have also been over. I also don't see where you are getting that Farragut isn't a class act. Give examples. Not just what someone says on a forum then complain about last year.

I don't care if 10 people told you the ball hit the fence,the fact is it cleared the fence by 20 feet ,I was there.If you are still crying about that game that is pathetic for a state champion.DB play's in the Sports Belle because coach Ritz likes it.Some one else has already stated that DB had to play out of their pool before the finals.That was true.My experience with going to Knoxville to play has been anything but fun,for the players or parents.It seems like thing change as you get there.Farragut was really fortunate to win that game last year here in Kingsport.Just ask your coach.Catapano was the reason you beat us and won the state.Lockwood beat us before that and look at him at UT,another Todd Helton.I still say South Doyle is the team to beat in Knox. this year.To bad Cody got hurt,but they are still talented and a class act.Get use to it.

QUOTE(BwAnG @ May 4 2007 - 08:35 PM) 826451976[/snapback]Thirdly you wasn't even at the game so how can you even begin to argue wether or not the ball went over.

Wow.. "Thirdly you wasn't even.."

I can argue about anything I want. There is no rulebook to arguing. When I said officiating I was talking about all sports, not just baseball.. I'll clear it up for you. In the majority of games I have been to Farragut hasn't had many calls go their way. That includes umpires, referees, and anyone else who has the authority to make calls during a sporting event. Did you hear the ball bounce off the wall? Be honest.

You are still yet to provide real examples of how Farragut isn't a "class act". I forgot to add earlier that Farragut lost to Oakland and they started a pitcher who I think had only pitched 1 inning all year. He was taken out in the 1st inning, but I still don't see any Farragut people on here using that as an excuse for a loss, actually I think I am the first person to even bring it up. There are alot of ifs, but what actually happened was that Farragut beat DB @ DB. Were you expecting Farragut to not use their best pitcher? I bet DB didn't. They never seem to use their best pitchers when they lose.

QUOTE(Stonewall @ May 2 2007 - 12:50 AM) 826449666[/snapback]You would think with all of the jawing that goes on either for or against D-B during football and basketball that this board would have been buzzing for the last 3 weeks about the Indians baseball team. They are 29 and 4, 16 and 0 in the conference, and a favorite to threaten for a state title. However......nothing. It doesn't bother me mind you as I grow tired of the same juvenile rants from both sides. I think what this really shows is just how important this part of the state considers football to be. The Indians just finished a year long sweep of football, basketball, and baseball in the Big Nine. Threads are several hundred deep when the football team is 10 and 0. It's kind of interesting to note this don't you think?

Well Stonewall, have you figured out yet why nobody wants to start a thread about DB? Look at the sewage that this thread has drawn, thru no fault of your own. All it does is get the haters pumped.

We fans are here pulling for the Indians. Maybe it will be their year. Maybe not. None of the lowbrow vomit that you see from the haters will change how good the Tribe's players are, as long as they stay off this board and ignore the stupid ratings from nobodies who don't know crap. Of course there are other good teams to deal with and there is a bit of luck in winning state. We just have to see what happens.

It would be nice if CoachT would nail the many unsportsmanlike posters on this board so that decent discussions about everyone's favorite teams could ensue without having to read all this dull witted stuff. That is what I look for in CoachT - somebody who knows something more than I do about the subject, intelligently discussing teams who are about to play or just have played each other. Not the junk I see in this thread. (once again, not your fault)

QUOTE(DBGRAD70 @ May 4 2007 - 09:49 PM) 826452035[/snapback]It would be nice if CoachT would nail the many unsportsmanlike posters on this board so that decent discussions about everyone's favorite teams could ensue without having to read all this dull witted stuff.

I don't think any of the "unsportsmanlike" posters have done anything worth being "nailed" over.

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ May 4 2007 - 09:54 PM) 826452044[/snapback]I don't think any of the "unsportsmanlike" posters have done anything worth being "nailed" over.

Obviously, by CoachT's and your standards what you say is true. What is the value of running down a team, player, or fan anyway? Some warped sense of glee in an anonymous world with no rules of engagement? TSSAA tolerates far less. Perhaps CoachT should raise the bar on what is accepted and what is not. Just my view, but anything off topic or that runs down a team, player, or fan base should be deleted. Perhaps its an issue of manpower to enforce it.

QUOTE(nowthatsfunny @ May 2 2007 - 07:53 PM) 826450404[/snapback]No team from Knox. "saves a pitcher for the Tribe". When you are in an elimination game you pitch your best available pitcher against the other team's best available pitcher. Last year it was Farragut beating DB 3-2 with Catapano. In 2005 it was Halls winning 8-2. In 2004 it was Halls winning 8-3. I believe that all of those games were at J. Fred. South-Doyle has an excellent baseball team and Farragut has won 19 out of their last 21 games. I will say if DB wins the state in 2007, they will have earned it.

If I remember correctly Farragut pitched another pitcher against Karns and lost. Farragut did save Catapano for DB and did not use him against Karns. Halls did the same thing in 2004. This is the year for DB. DB and Science Hill beat South Doyle respectively. Farragut won that game in March by a slim margin ( 1 RUN) in nine innings. I AM GOING WITH THE VIBES AND ROLLING WITH THE TRIBE!

QUOTE(DBGRAD70 @ May 4 2007 - 10:18 PM) 826452076[/snapback]Obviously, by CoachT's and your standards what you say is true. What is the value of running down a team, player, or fan anyway? Some warped sense of glee in an anonymous world with no rules of engagement? TSSAA tolerates far less. Perhaps CoachT should raise the bar on what is accepted and what is not. Just my view, but anything off topic or that runs down a team, player, or fan base should be deleted. Perhaps its an issue of manpower to enforce it.

I'm hoping you are talking about everyone and not just the "haters". I have seen plenty of DB people on here doing exactly what you are wanting removed.