New Tennessee HS Football Magazine!

Sequatchie

I came across this today from a link I got for an article on a Tennessee Vols basketball board.

Its about a New magazine on Tennessee High School Football and looks pretty good.

Varsity Sports Media's Tennessee Football

www.TennFB.com

It says it will have 250-plus glossy pages covering every HS in Tennessee.

I have been getting the Murphy Fair Preview Magazine since the mid '90's and I think its pretty good. So I will have to wait and see if this is any better? /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Sequatchie @ May 2 2007 - 08:07 PM) 826450315[/snapback]I came across this today from a link I got for an article on a Tennessee Vols basketball board.

Its about a New magazine on Tennessee High School Football and looks pretty good.

Varsity Sports Media's Tennessee Football

www.TennFB.com

It says it will have 250-plus glossy pages covering every HS in Tennessee.

I have been getting the MF preview agazine since the mid '90's and I think its pretty good. So I will have to wait and see if this is any better? /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Stump from stumponsports.com will be the chief editor of the website and the magazine. From what I'm hearing, this is going to be a great magazine with a lot of cool articles and pictures. Can't wait to see it.

• 2 weeks later...

I found an article that provides more info on the magazine as well as link to their Florida Magazines website to give an idea of what there Tennessee website will probably be like.

Florida website Link: www.FloridaFB.com

Press Release Source: Action Sports Media

Introducing Varsity Sports Media's Tennessee Football Magazine

Friday March 30, 1:39 pm ET

Distributed statewide in early August, 2007

ALCOA, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Varsity Sports Media (www.varsitysportsmedia.com) announced an early August 2007 launch for Varsity Sports Media's Tennessee Football magazine.

The magazine, which will be produced annually, will include coverage of the 320 varsity high school football teams, team schedules, player statistics, recruiting information, color photography and feature stories written by professional sports reporters. As an added bonus, the magazine will also cover the state's collegiate programs, including the The University of Tennessee, and the NFL's Tennessee Titans.

The launch of Varsity Sports Media's Tennessee Football comes on the heels of the acquisition of The Pigskin Preview and Prep Sports Publishing by VSM parent company Action Sports Media of Alcoa, Tenn. The Pigskin Preview was launched in 2002 and covered every high school program in the state. As part of the acquisition, Pigskin Preview publisher Leon Spencer joins Varsity Sports Media as the Tennessee property's general manager.

The 224-plus page magazine will be the first of its kind in Tennessee and will feature a glossy finish, professional design and production, and entertaining editorial features and photography. Varsity Sports Media's Tennessee Football will have a considerable shelf-life, giving advertisers a durable vehicle that will reach readers throughout the high school football season.

"Football is one of Tennessee's strongest brands, and we will provide fans, schools, players and their families with a product that touts this fact," said Craig Baroncelli, president of A.E. Engine and publisher for Varsity Sports Media's Tennessee Football. "Businesses on both a national, statewide, regional and local levels see the value this program can provide in strengthening their bonds with the community. The uniqueness of our subject matter, in addition to the exclusivities and fundraising programs we offer businesses and schools, makes it a win-win situation."

"While our focus will remain on Tennessee high school football, I am excited to have the national marketing and branding power of Action Sports Media behind us," said Leon Spencer. "ASM has a great reputation and I believe this new relationship will enable us to better serve our sponsors while expanding a high school football magazine to everything football in Tennessee. For the football fan living in Tennessee, this is the ultimate collector's item and resource piece."

Varsity Sports Media's Tennessee Football will serve as a keepsake item, featuring photography and writing from some of Tennessee's top sports journalists. Coaches, college scouts and fans of all levels will leverage it as a comprehensive resource to Tennessee football.

In conjunction with the magazine's release, Varsity Sports Media will launch www.TennFB.com in April 2007. TennFB.com will be an interactive website to keep fans abreast of the season's action. The website will be updated daily and will include the latest news, team and player profiles, fan forums, polls, contests and photography from games across the state.

Varsity Sports Media Tennessee is based in Alcoa, Tennessee. For sales and advertising information, please contact Leon Spencer at (865) 992-0043 or leon.spencer@actionsportsmedia.com.

About Varsity Sports Media

Varsity Sports Media (www.varsitysportsmedia.com) is a producer of consumer-targeted, traditional and new media programs aimed at the high school audience. Varsity Sports Media creates and delivers products and messages that celebrate the positive aspects of high school sports. Varsity Sports Media was founded in 2006 and includes football media and marketing properties in Tennessee, Florida and Georgia.

About Action Sports Media, Inc.

Action Sports Media, Inc., (www.parallelip.com) has offices in Dallas and Los Angeles.

About A.E. Engine, LLC

A.E. Engine (www.ae-engine.com) creates and executes publishing and marketing programs for companies and associations across the nation. One of A.E. Engine's core competencies involves turnkey publishing, to include sales and marketing, graphic design, editorial development and distribution. A.E. Engine also provides graphic design, print management and consulting services to companies both nationally and locally. A.E. Engine's client list includes: Action Sports Media, NASCAR, US Youth Soccer, Lowe's Motor Speedway, Zane Publications and Promotions, Pantheon International and the East-West Shrine Game.

A.E. Engine, LLC

Craig Baroncelli, 727-698-8468

Source: Action Sports Media

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...