Wartburg Central High

GIBSONJ

Isn't west coast suppose to be quick routes tryin to get speedsters in open space? If so, 10 sacks would be a whole lot, specially when no matter who Wartburg puts at Qb his gonna have speed. Wartburg sees fast Defenses in their region, so I'm not sure if the DE rush will be very effective. Remember These boys have seen fast players in Rae Sykes, Brandon Warren, Hawkins, Latham, Kyrus, and the list goes on and on. Correct me if i'm wrong Die-Hard Dawgs fans, but shouldn't this years line have alot of experience? They return alot of starters on the line dont they?

And you’re correct; west coast utilizes quick routes which get receivers into small pockets. It’s very effective in High School and or college. With this offense it’s harder to get sacks or tackles in the backfield because how fast the play develops . And no Scott County will not be the best team Wartburg will see. Have you forgotten about powerhouses in Alcoa, Loudon, Sweetwater, CAK, and Rockwood? Don’t get me wrong Scott County will be a lot better team than when they played the Dawgs a few years ago, and I’m going to say Scott makes the playoffs this year, but if they go into Wartburg thinking its going to be a cake walk there going to be incorrect.

Well IMO scott won`t go into this games thinking this will be a

easy game I think the highlanders know you can`t over look anyone

and they will take them one game at a time. the good thing I see

this year the players are not on here running their mouth like in the past.

I also saw where maybe wartburge my be over looking scott I saw somewhere

that a coach or former coach said they dropped oneida and pick up

scott to lighten their schedule .

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Negative, Coach Davis said they dropped Oneida and Knox catholic and picked up Scott county and Midway to lighten the schedule up. Knox catholic was a top ten team in AAA every year. This will be a good game. Scott County has the advantage but it still will be a good game.

Negative, Coach Davis said they dropped Oneida and Knox catholic and picked up Scott county and Midway to lighten the schedule up. Knox catholic was a top ten team in AAA every year. This will be a good game. Scott County has the advantage but it still will be a good game.

hmmm good game?

oneida beat you guys by 50 last year

you must think scott is worse than them

dont worry come august 24th we will see

What you heard is true Knock, there will be a three way scrimmage with Wartburg, Sunbright, & Oakdale . Should be quite interesting... There will be some HARD hitting in this scrimmage ! Look for the Bulldogs to Turn some heads.

what is the date and time of this scrimmage? i will be there pullin for the dogs!

I heard Coach Bangley was present thursday....... What do the players think? Still No new faces? I figured some people would have came out? but I guess not.

I have talked to a couple of players and there are a few new faces but I have not been by the weightroom to see them for myself so I won't offer them here. May try to get down to school to watch some of the workouts this week. Has anybody heard anything about JV games??? Would like to see some to help the younger kids develop too.

Hmmm. gibsonj i got one thing to say about lighten the schedule up.... AUGUST 24TH

I’m not trying to down grade Scott County any way shape or form, but the numbers are there people. Let’s see…. Scott County Since 2002- Won 16 lost 34, Knox Catholic Since 2002-Won 52 Lost 10. It is a better game for Wartburg to play Scott County, even though Scott County is AAA. And it will also draw more of a crowd. Which means more $$ for Wartburg and Scott.

I’m not trying to down grade Scott County any way shape or form, but the numbers are there people. Let’s see…. Scott County Since 2002- Won 16 lost 34, Knox Catholic Since 2002-Won 52 Lost 10. It is a better game for Wartburg to play Scott County, even though Scott County is AAA. And it will also draw more of a crowd. Which means more $$ for Wartburg and Scott.

AMEN Lil Hoot!!!! Seems there is a tunel vision up north that they cannot get past. Maybe they think that they are the same caliber as Catholic and are offended that Wartburg chose to play them rather than Catholic. Or perhaps there is an inferiority complex. Anyway all will be revealed in about 4 weeks. BTW 3A schools should beat 2A schools.