Upsets

Bulldogsare#1

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BigG @ May 10 2007 - 07:10 AM) 826456182[/snapback]Anybody have any details from this game?

It was a great game to watch! 0-0 at the half Both teams came out strong in the second half. Oak Ridge was able to get two on the board early and with about 7-10 minutes to go Karns was able to score one and then soon tie it up. With about 4 min to play. Both teams played the last minutes hard no one willing to settle for the tie and play overtime.

Two ten mintues overtimes, then two golden goal fives with great chances for both teams, perhaps Oak Ridge had a couple more chances, but both keepers played a great game. Each team played all out with players cramping up on the field. Not one player had anything left. I am sure they left it all on the field.

In the end it came down to PK's. Karns goes first and scores, Oak Ridge, Karns keeper saves. Karns up next and scores just past the hands of the goalie, thought he was going to have it.. Oak Ridge puts one just a hair wide of the goal. Karns up next and it goes over the top. Oak Ridge, blows one over the top of the goal. Karns needs one to win it, next up for Karns I believe was #6. He played a great game. Places it right in the goal. Karns wins 3-2 on PK's.

If you would have told me Oak Ridge would miss three PK's I would never have believed you, but it happened. It was a super game. Every player fought for every ball and both keepers battled to keep the ball out of the net. My hats off to both teams. I hate that a game this good had to go to pk's but I had a feeling if they would let them keep playing they would still be playing and we would still be watching. God I love soccer.

QUOTE(uniden @ May 9 2007 - 10:35 PM) 826455917[/snapback]Karns 5- Oak Ridge 2 (on PKs)

(Posted in the results thread above)

This could be the biggest one yet

Because I have never seen either teams play, I dont know anything for sure but I think Karns new coach has done tremendous job.

Another upset! Cleveland over McMinn Co. 2-1.