Tempers and Egos

imno1uno

QUOTE(imno1uno @ May 10 2007 - 08:08 AM) 826456256[/snapback]I was referring to the close ties the Lamms have with each other and the spirit they share as a baseball family.

Not that they were there to kneel before every fan, parent, or jerk in the stands that thinks they are a gift to area baseball and their kid deserves more attention and praise that the coach AND team are giving them.

I was at all those games, many times the actions were justified.

The one time I did see Lamm tell that to an Ump after only two pitches into a game at, of all places, Giles Co.!

The fact is, he was referring to something that happened in the past between the two.

The "centerfielder" deal was a case of "reversed homecookin" on behalf of a local Ump who felt his son got over looked by the Loretto coach while he was at Loretto. The entire Loretto team and stands were protesting. Mark Lamm, who is now playing for Vandy, just had a longer trip to the infield

High school baseball is just that. Baseball for the HIGH SCHOOL PLAYERS not the parent or so called fan that didn't make the team, never got the credit they thought they deserved as a kid, or was not a good enough player to advance past school ball.

So you both need to get YOUR facts straight before you blow up at a game like these other guys.

So your are saying that the ump was wrong for supposedly "bringing something form home to the ballpark , but the coach was justified in letting "something from the past between the two of them" spur the coach on the argue the calls just because of that? And one more comment...way before the player, and I dont care who he is or is going to be in the future, comes all the way in from CF to argue a call, he might as well just go on to the bus he rode in on, because the players have no right to argue a call.PERIOD! I know the fans get excited and act crazy at times, but they have no business on the field whatsoever...I have many friends who umpire in the SEC and it would interesting how long a player would last if he pulled something stupid like Lamm supposedly did back then..My bet is about as long as a hiccup!!! The other poster was right too about when the coach argues about each and every call, that poor sportsmanship just creeps over the entire team as well as the fans and then you have chaos at every game...SAVE THAT KIND OF CRAP FOR PRO SOCCER...NO PLACE IN BASEBALL FOR IT!!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic