District 9-AAA Title Game

Commando07

QUOTE(Ballack14 @ May 9 2007 - 09:57 PM) 826455839[/snapback]Just because a team doesn't have a history doesn't mean they aren't a tough team.

Wilson Central has already proved that. they were unranked at the beggining of the season and went on to beat some ranked teams. a few even in the top 15

Good points, boys. And I hope this is a stepping stone for Central (as I said, I am a Central fan), but if I am a betting man, I would lay my money down on the fact that your success is from having 12 seniors. But I would love for you to prove me wrong. I would love to see that disctrict have more parody. But it has always been Russ Plummer's district to lose. But that should take nothing away from your effort and your season. I am simply saying that as committed Central fans (and good for you for being so) you are overstating a few things. Friendship Christian, not tough. Smyrna, not tough (though when Pete Dakis - coach- was there they used to be consistent). Glencliff, not tough. Lebanon, not tough. Beech, not tough. Antioch, not tough. Centennial, not tough. Hunters Lane, not tough. White House, not tough. Antioch, not tough. These are all teams on either Central's or LaVergne's schedules. A team's schedule means little when teams are not playing tough teams. You are players or students who are remaining true to their school. Good for you. You should. I am just saying that there are many other districts in the state that are better (top to bottom). You can agree or not agree. Its your right. It would be good, though, if you had a little more thought behind such grand statements.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(stamford_bridge @ May 9 2007 - 09:21 PM) 826455891[/snapback]Good points, boys. And I hope this is a stepping stone for Central (as I said, I am a Central fan), but if I am a betting man, I would lay my money down on the fact that your success is from having 12 seniors. But I would love for you to prove me wrong. I would love to see that disctrict have more parody. But it has always been Russ Plummer's district to lose. But that should take nothing away from your effort and your season. I am simply saying that as committed Central fans (and good for you for being so) you are overstating a few things. Friendship Christian, not tough. Smyrna, not tough (though when Pete Dakis - coach- was there they used to be consistent). Glencliff, not tough. Lebanon, not tough. Beech, not tough. Antioch, not tough. Centennial, not tough. Hunters Lane, not tough. White House, not tough. Antioch, not tough. These are all teams on either Central's or LaVergne's schedules. A team's schedule means little when teams are not playing tough teams. You are players or students who are remaining true to their school. Good for you. You should. I am just saying that there are many other districts in the state that are better (top to bottom). You can agree or not agree. Its your right. It would be good, though, if you had a little more thought behind such grand statements.

Whoa there skippy. Our team is very good. We had a rough stretch at the end because we sat 5 starters the last two weeks from injuries. 4 will be back tomorrow, the one with the broken collar bone is obviously still out. If you compare our scores against common opponents to some schools you consider good I'm sure you'll see we beat them just as well as other teams did. 2 years ago... everyone said we had no chance against Ravenwood in the Regionals..we won. Last year Antioch from our district beat Ravenwood in the regions. This year who knows. But I'll tell you this Wilson central has a good team and just because a team isnt a power every year doesnt mean they cant do well. No one said win state but make to sectionals is possible.

you are correct in stating that our schedule is not as stacked as the premier teams in the state are. However, you are overlooking a few facts:

1) Glencliff was ranked 13th in the state by EurosportScoreboard.com when we played them.

2) Lebanon is a rivalry game, so of course they are going to pour their souls out on the field when that time rolls around.

3) Centennial knocked off previously unbeaten Brentwood, 1-0.

4) Smyrna, while their record may not indicate how well they've played, at times they were able to kick it into another gear, but where there a lot of freshmen on the team? because it seems like they were more inexperienced than unskilled.

Yes, Friendship is terrible. I will not argue on that one.

I can't speak about Antioch and Hunter's Lane because I have never played them, nor seen them play.

And yes, i would also venture to say our success is from having 12 seniors as well, although a few key contributors are underclassmen such as Jared Prall (Sophomore) and Chase Matheson (Junior).

Leadership plays a big part and when you've lost for so long like these seniors have, it gets to a point where you wont settle for mediocrity anymore and you scrap, bleed, and cry until you come out on top.

which is what we, as the senior leaders, have done.

Wilson Central may not be the best, but they sure do try. The 12 Seniors help a lot, but we do have underclassmen too. Our schedule may not have been tought, but we tried every game to come out on top. I hope we win tomorrow, but if H'Ville wins more power to them. BUT just because they win doesnt mean they are better.Yes we be La Vergne, but they had a lot of talent. So rankings mean nothing.

QUOTE(stamford_bridge @ May 9 2007 - 09:21 PM) 826455891[/snapback]I would love to see that disctrict have more parody.

Don't you mean parity? Of course if you are saying that the teams in this district are nothing more than a comical version of the real thing....

QUOTE(soccer21 @ May 9 2007 - 07:42 PM) 826455753[/snapback]Let me tell you one thing...you are not a Hendersonville player, fan or student. It is obvious to me that you are from Wilson Central trying to get your team fired up. The Hendersonville fans, and players have a lot of class they have prooved over the years their dominance and they do not get on here to talk trash. I will take my hat out to Wilson Central for stepping up this year and playing well and winning some tough games. Congrats but don't spoil it talking trash and trying to misrepresent another team, it is not fair.

As much as I would like to believe that the players on my team were tactful enough to post something of such correct grammatical ability, I will assure you that most of the players on my team are not the smartest people you'll ever stumble across. I am not necessarily accusing someone on Hendersonville's squad of such irreverence, but I do feel that it was not a member of my squad. If it were, I apologize for them, I will assure you that my team as a whole just loves football. For players such as me it is my life. I would like for whoever is interested to go back and read the post from No1ScoresOnMe or something to that extent back when we played Hendersonville the first time, he said we would only win with 11 Brazilian players--that qualifies at least as over zealous if not trash talk. "Congrats but don't spoil it talking trash and trying to misrepresent another team, it is not fair," well in essence, didn't you just misrepresent another team? If you had ironclad evidence that the original post came from a member of my team, it would be different, but since the only proof you have is your opinion, I would like the hypocrisy to cease. Personally, I feel as if it may be someone of another team trying to get us at our throats--because they were beaten, but maybe not. All I can say is that even though I'm a fat, slow, English *!%# I'm still going to play my heart out, and I wish Hendersonville good luck. Finally, let me make a suggestion. Since the only people on here who admit which school they are from talk politely and civilly, I hope we keep it that way; it will make it easier to siphon out poor sports like the starter of this topic.

QUOTE(Commando07 @ May 9 2007 - 06:25 PM) 826455688[/snapback]This is one killer rematch folks.

There is no way we lose this one again.

It was a complete fluke that we lost to them earlier in the season.

that and they got killer lucky.

both those goals they scored were completely offsides.

They did not deserve to win that game, nor do they deserve to win this one.

They have one player.

All we have to do is double team him and they are done.

They have no midfield, there defense bails them out of trouble a lot of the time, but thats mostly by luck, and their keeper has no place playing college ball.

Our JV can whoop up on them.

We are catching fire at the right time of the year and we are going to bring the house down on thursday night and walk away with the District title again.

I saw earlier on a post that they come out "slow in the first 15 minutes". well its not going to matter how fast they come out afterwards, we are going to blast them early and cruise to the title.

We're hungry, we're ready for revenge, and there is no way they can stop us.

Go Commandos!

Wow... I'm tired now. Good luck to both teams tonight. It really is humorous how nobody's opinions actually matter about this, yet, a statement this bold is going to cause the game to be a madhouse this evening. My two cents at least; I have acknowledged the fact that this post doesn't matter either. It is just funny. Also, good luck with your "blasting and cruising" this evening. Get a job.

QUOTE(broomer10 @ May 10 2007 - 09:21 PM) 826456840[/snapback]Final

Hendersonville 4

Wilson Central 0

As a member of the Wilson Central squad, my hat goes off to Hendersonville. They are a magnificent team, they out coached us, out played us, and out performed us. We gave everything we had, but we're inexperienced. Good luck in Regionals and hopefully we'll see you again.