East Tenn regionals

Mi Kees

QUOTE(ElvisUGA24 @ May 9 2007 - 11:51 PM) 826456092[/snapback]Gibbs defeated Seymour tonight for the Dist 3 - AA championship 12-8. Gibbs will host the #2 seed from District 4 on Monday night and Seymour will travel to the #1 seed from District 4 on Monday as well.

GO GIBBS EAGLES!!!!

Congrats Gibbs Eagles. You guys are starting to make some noise in AA. Who do you play next from D4. I here the PALACE is a great place to play BB.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(TG24 @ May 9 2007 - 10:21 PM) 826456025[/snapback]I pick WB to win Region 2, runner-up will be SD. DB will win Region 1.

WB to state!

Congrats to all the teams. I still think South Doyle is the best AAA team in East Tennessee. Haven't seen DB or Science Hill play but heard many good things. My question is how good is William Blount? Are they that good or justing getting hot at the right time?

QUOTE(scoopz4 @ May 10 2007 - 09:16 PM) 826456932[/snapback]Congrats to all the teams. I still think South Doyle is the best AAA team in East Tennessee. Haven't seen DB or Science Hill play but heard many good things. My question is how good is William Blount? Are they that good or justing getting hot at the right time?

I hope I get to see the Oakland / South Doyle matchup in Murfreesboro soon.

QUOTE(scoopz4 @ May 10 2007 - 11:16 PM) 826456932[/snapback]Congrats to all the teams. I still think South Doyle is the best AAA team in East Tennessee. Haven't seen DB or Science Hill play but heard many good things. My question is how good is William Blount? Are they that good or justing getting hot at the right time?

I think you hit it on the head.... it really does not matter if your "that good" through the season but that your "hot at the right time"

If you burn too hot to early you might burn out before the finish line....

an old golf saying " it's not how you drive but how you arrive" comes to mind.... I've had 72 year old women beat me in 18 holes because they could putt the eyes out on the greens...took um 3 shot to catch my drives but mand when the get within 50 feet of the green you can lay your last dollar down that they will chip and one putt..... and tell you not to worry about that one that "flew" across the green...just go chip it back up here....

Put the finishing touches on your game fellows, because Monday is calling your names and we want you to be ready and able to answer that call!

The Governors from WB are a fine club with 3 above average pitchers that can all get the job done. They have capable hitters as well. S Doyle is definitely the best team around. They have 3 pitchers that will be getting paid to play in the future (maybe not MLB but definitely minors). I would say S Doyle is a lock to get to the state. The other spot is between Halls, WB, DB, and Science Hill. In my opinion, those 4 teams are even. Whoever plays well on game day will win.

QUOTE(Pfbaseballfan @ May 10 2007 - 06:33 PM) 826456748[/snapback]Pigeon Forge ended up winning three games today to win the district 2-aa tournament... they beat union county 13-3, beat rutledge 15-2, and beat rutledge again 5-0. The tigers will make their third straight trip to regions... congratulatins tigers.... and good luck

The Tigers won on the field ,but lost off the field as the TSSAA upheld Rutledge's protest of the final game. In an unfortunate situation the Pigeon Forge pitcher broke the rule of pitching in more than 10 innings. It is a bad way for the tournament to be decided, but the rules are there for a reason. PF's coach should have known the rule and Rutledge's coach has to protect his team. So the Pioneers will be the #1 seed and the Tigers will be the #2 seed.

QUOTE(RHS02 @ May 11 2007 - 02:05 PM) 826457330[/snapback]The Tigers won on the field ,but lost off the field as the TSSAA upheld Rutledge's protest of the final game. In an unfortunate situation the Pigeon Forge pitcher broke the rule of pitching in more than 10 innings. It is a bad way for the tournament to be decided, but the rules are there for a reason. PF's coach should have known the rule and Rutledge's coach has to protect his team. So the Pioneers will be the #1 seed and the Tigers will be the #2 seed.

Getting outscored 20-2 in two games will make you want to protest.

QUOTE(Flash Gordon @ May 11 2007 - 03:41 PM) 826457398[/snapback]So will another team breaking the rules.

Touche'. The Pigeon Forge coach asked the umpires and was told that they knew of no rule prohibiting the pitcher from continuing past the ten inning mark.