Region 5A

ERBaseball25

QUOTE(BabiesAndMemories @ May 12 2007 - 12:56 AM) 826457798[/snapback]You never can tell how hard a kid throws by asking folks on here, players or fans. I asked a Kentucky scout who had just seen Clinard and he said 87-90 on Clinard's fastball. That alone gives them a leg up on all other Class A teams when he is tossing the pill. I would say that if Cascade can beat him, then they would have to be favorites to win the state because Clinard will likely be hurling for a SEC team two years from now. Don't see it happening though. MoMo is a gritty kid, but he would have to shut out ER for Cascade to have a chance. If I were a college scout, I would make it a point to come out to that one so I could answer some questions on whether or not MoMo can hit SEC pitching and how Clinard does against a potential SEC bat.

Do you think youth will play a factor with Cascade cause i seen on their starting lineup that they had 3 seniors and 6 juniors with East having 7 seniors and 2 juniors, think that will mean anything in the game?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BabiesAndMemories @ May 10 2007 - 11:39 PM) 826457021[/snapback]I would have to guess that both District 10-A teams will win. Pitching and defense always win in the postseason in baseball. McDowell has been there and done that when he shoved it up Cascade's rear last year with total command of a great curveball, striking out 14. Clinard is probably getting text messages from VU and UT right now....nuff said. If he can just show any type of curve or slider or change, Cascade will start guessing and crumble late in counts. The 9-A teams are good but they likely haven't seen pitching like this all year.

I'll let you in on a little secret.....Tennessee has been in contact with MoMo also. I hope the entire ER teams has the lack of respect for our pitching that you have. MoMo will be on the mound and I think you'll see a few ER batters "guessing and crumbling also" Good Luck!

QUOTE(ERBaseball25 @ May 12 2007 - 07:28 PM) 826458154[/snapback]Is Cascade a short porch or what? What are the deminsions at cascade's field?

there field isnt very deep at all...im not sure the exact #'s but it cant be more then 305 down lines and mayb 350 in center or so!

QUOTE(cascade11 @ May 12 2007 - 09:20 AM) 826457894[/snapback]I'll let you in on a little secret.....Tennessee has been in contact with MoMo also. I hope the entire ER teams has the lack of respect for our pitching that you have. MoMo will be on the mound and I think you'll see a few ER batters "guessing and crumbling also" Good Luck!

I heard that UT was looking at MoMo, that's why I said that they should come out to see how he fares against Clinard. Showing interest in a kid, coming out to watch him play and inviting him to your campus are all very different from a coach showing up with scholarship papers and a pen. He, Clinard and any other prospects need to realize that. They have to keep getting better and impressing. Schools like UT and Vandy can recruit all over the country, not just in Tennessee.

And it's not that I don't respect Cascade's pitching. It is a quality and deep staff. But a pitcher can't field everything too. Mo is arguably the team's best defender. When he is on the hill, your D falls off dramatically. You have to admit that. Didn't you have like 13 errors in three district tournament games? That's not going to get you to Riverdale.

QUOTE(BabiesAndMemories @ May 13 2007 - 01:34 PM) 826458450[/snapback]I heard that UT was looking at MoMo, that's why I said that they should come out to see how he fares against Clinard. Showing interest in a kid, coming out to watch him play and inviting him to your campus are all very different from a coach showing up with scholarship papers and a pen. He, Clinard and any other prospects need to realize that. They have to keep getting better and impressing. Schools like UT and Vandy can recruit all over the country, not just in Tennessee.

And it's not that I don't respect Cascade's pitching. It is a quality and deep staff. But a pitcher can't field everything too. Mo is arguably the team's best defender. When he is on the hill, your D falls off dramatically. You have to admit that. Didn't you have like 13 errors in three district tournament games? That's not going to get you to Riverdale.

I played against Cascade 3 times this season...and i saw 3 Different teams each game.The 1st game they looked like a state team and had no errors with MoMo pitching and some Good hitting and lead to a 6-0 win for them.The 2nd game was a tight 4-3 game where they looked like a Team that would get beat in sub-state probally..the 3rd one was a 7-6 game that everyone im sure has heard bout the Controversial calls..but i believe they made 4 errors and Bowman walked 4-5 and they only earned 2 runs...Got the rest off of 5 Errors...Im anxious to see which Champion team shows up the rest of the way and how they fair against a good defensive team!Good Luck to District 9A...hope to see good games!

It's interesting that these examples of Cascade supposedly struggling are all referring to games CASCADE WON! Call me naive, but I believe one of the premiere characteristics of a winning team is "finding a way to win" even when you don't play well. Look, I am not suggesting that Cascade can have multiple run-hemmoraging errors and expect to win against ER. What I am saying is this is a team that not only expects to win, but finds ways to do so even when they are not playing up to their potential. In my mind, this makes them a dangerous team. MoMo is outstanding, but I believe he would be the first to tell you that Cascade has a depth of talent surrounding him as well (afterall, Bowman was the 9A MVP). It would be foolish to consider MoMo as Cascade's singular threat.

No doubt Clinard will keep the score low and limit opportunities for Cascade. But Parker is relentless in creating opportunities. And I don't care how tight ER's defense is, it is still single A ball and these are still boys--anything can happen when the pressure is on. It should be a good one. Go 9A!

QUOTE(coach_jarvis @ May 13 2007 - 09:59 PM) 826458693[/snapback]It's interesting that these examples of Cascade supposedly struggling are all referring to games CASCADE WON! Call me naive, but I believe one of the premiere characteristics of a winning team is "finding a way to win" even when you don't play well. Look, I am not suggesting that Cascade can have multiple run-hemmoraging errors and expect to win against ER. What I am saying is this is a team that not only expects to win, but finds ways to do so even when they are not playing up to their potential. In my mind, this makes them a dangerous team. MoMo is outstanding, but I believe he would be the first to tell you that Cascade has a depth of talent surrounding him as well (afterall, Bowman was the 9A MVP). It would be foolish to consider MoMo as Cascade's singular threat.

No doubt Clinard will keep the score low and limit opportunities for Cascade. But Parker is relentless in creating opportunities. And I don't care how tight ER's defense is, it is still single A ball and these are still boys--anything can happen when the pressure is on. It should be a good one. Go 9A!

I understand and feel what you are saying Jarvis. Cascade will have to get guys on base against Clinard for any sort of strategy to be successful. They will need to use their skills at bunting to their advantage. We will find out pretty quick how good of a fielder Clinard is. Considering he is their best hitter as well, I assume he is a decent athlete. We will also find out what kind of arm and accuracy their catcher has IF they get kids on base. I have seen where Clinard has stuck out 10-15 numerous times this season. Those are Minor-esque numbers. Having seen guys like Minor and Skelley before should help them. Can't say they've seen anything like that this year. And they weren't very impressive last week against MTC's Beckham.

It's a very interesting matchup. Still think if Cascade wins, they have a legit shot at getting to the Fling. If they win, I think ER might be done on Friday if Clinard goes seven full on Monday. Too bad they don't play the next two teams best 2-of-3 to get to the Boro instead. Baseball has always been a series-deciding sport (that or tournament). Hate it when teams can meet once and only once with kids' baseball lives on the line.

QUOTE(rocketman1 @ May 13 2007 - 08:34 PM) 826458634[/snapback]I played against Cascade 3 times this season...and i saw 3 Different teams each game.The 1st game they looked like a state team and had no errors with MoMo pitching and some Good hitting and lead to a 6-0 win for them.The 2nd game was a tight 4-3 game where they looked like a Team that would get beat in sub-state probally..the 3rd one was a 7-6 game that everyone im sure has heard bout the Controversial calls..but i believe they made 4 errors and Bowman walked 4-5 and they only earned 2 runs...Got the rest off of 5 Errors...Im anxious to see which Champion team shows up the rest of the way and how they fair against a good defensive team!Good Luck to District 9A...hope to see good games!

Thanks for the positive support Chapel Hill!