Lexington/Sycamore, Fairview/Camden

Lions4ever

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Lions4ever @ May 12 2007 - 10:33 PM) 826458241[/snapback]Lexington goes to District 11AA winner Sycamore while Fairview visits District 12AA champ Camden. Who takes these and then goes on to Sectionals?

I heard that Fairview's starting pitcher and Sycamore's first baseman will not be playing in Monday's region games because they were ejected in the district championship game against Sycamore. Is this true? If it is true, then Fairview has no chance against Camden. Sycamore will also be hampered so I think Camden and Lexington both win to advance. I have seen Camden a couple of times and I think they will win the state as they are clearly the best team around.

QUOTE(philmeyer @ May 13 2007 - 12:08 PM) 826458412[/snapback]I heard that Fairview's starting pitcher and Sycamore's first baseman will not be playing in Monday's region games because they were ejected in the district championship game against Sycamore. Is this true? If it is true, then Fairview has no chance against Camden. Sycamore will also be hampered so I think Camden and Lexington both win to advance. I have seen Camden a couple of times and I think they will win the state as they are clearly the best team around.

Heck why should Sycamore and Fairview even show up. Just call the teams tell them to save their gas money cause Camden and Lexington are far superior teams. Fairview and Sycamore may have great depth and can replace the players they lost. That is why you play the game, you never know what can happen.

I have seen Camden a couple of times and I think they will win the state as they are clearly the best team around.

While Camden does have a very good team I think there are several AA schools that can compete with them./laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(Thatsmygirl @ May 13 2007 - 02:27 PM) 826458465[/snapback]I have seen Camden a couple of times and I think they will win the state as they are clearly the best team around.

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

They are a good team, but i would not count my egg before the are hatched, i am sure Devon will have something to say about that, good luck. I don't thank Camden will have any trouble getting to state.

QUOTE(fishunt @ May 13 2007 - 08:59 PM) 826458654[/snapback]They are a good team, but i would not count my egg before the are hatched, i am sure Devon will have something to say about that, good luck. I don't thank Camden will have any trouble getting to state.

Agreed...although Camden does have a very good team this year, there are several teams in AA that will have something to say about how far they go...but I do see them making it to state. Good Luck Ladies...time to make a run! Go LIONS!

QUOTE(lincoln @ May 15 2007 - 08:11 AM) 826459359[/snapback]Yeah there is more than just a couple what about Goodpasture(a team that has won the state the last four years in whatever classification their in) Gibbs and Covington that are always in the state tournament. Trust me Camden will have their hands full when they get to state or if they get to state!!!!!!!!!!!

Covington is at state every year because they play absolutely NO ONE until they get there. Do I think Camden will have an easy go of it...no way, because you're right there are too many talented teams out there. But do I think Camden has a shot?...dang skippy .

Bring on the Lady War Eagles...Go LIONS!

What I have seen this year is that there is not a dominating team in any class. It is shame that some of the stronger regions have to play each other to even get to state, but the upside to this is the team that comes out of that sub state will have an advantage of playing a tougher road. At the state level it takes a little luck and great defense to win.

QUOTE(lincoln @ May 15 2007 - 05:49 PM) 826459679[/snapback]Nobody? Uh AAA Houston, Collerville, Brighton, Munford, Millington, Bolton, South Panola, Ms, Tuscaloosa, Al and thats this year! They play people up in class and beat most the of these schools thats why they dominate in their district and region year in and year out not because the teams are weak their just that good. This is pretty much the same team minus just two starters from last years team that finished runner-up to goodpasture and on the way to the championship game they beat alcoa, greenbrier, marshall co, and gibbs all really good teams. So dont say they dont play anybody its not like their scheduling all A schools outside of their district. And yeah Camden does have good shot no doubt very talented squad and yeah it wont be easy but just dont down a team that does what they have to do to get to state I promise u those girls work just has hard throughout the year just like the teams mentioned earlier including your Camden Lions. Good Luck hope your Camden Lions get to state but just dont make it sound like just because their Covington they automatically get to state!!!!!!

No, sorry lincoln...the schools you listed don't count toward Covington's bid toward a state tourney berth. You have to admit that in softball, going through Memphis teams in AA is a whole lot easier than having to go through the Nashville powerhouses to get to state. That's all I was saying...I realize that Covington is good, with some great players (ie...Joy) and that they have scheduled as difficult of a non-region schedule as they could, but let's face it...its not like going through Memphis in basketball now is it? If Camden and Covington both survive sub-state it looks like they will be in the same bracket at state...so some great games between the two could happen. Good Luck to the Chargers until then and hopefully both teams will meet somewhere down the road.