Farragut/Karns

dins8

QUOTE(allsoccer @ May 14 2007 - 09:48 AM) 826458860[/snapback]WHat a ridiculous score! NO WAY will Farragut get 8 goals!

Farragut 2 Karns 1

Farraguts powerhouse offense will have atleast 4 goals on karn's D.

QUOTE(allsoccer @ May 14 2007 - 09:48 AM) 826458860[/snapback]WHat a ridiculous score! NO WAY will Farragut get 8 goals!

Farragut 2 Karns 1

Farraguts powerhouse offense will have atleast 4 goals on karn's D.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(stevescarb @ May 14 2007 - 05:37 AM) 826458756[/snapback]Karns has by far the better coach in Mike McClean, but that just won't help against a team dominated by his own club players. Knowing a player's weaknesses won't help you if you don't have the power to deal with his strengths. Farragut wins this one in spite of their severe disadvantage in the coaching department. Farraget's players will take the team the rest of the way, too, I predict.

Enjoy it, Boys!

I agree with Dins8 Low blow to Farragut's coaching staff that has won 2 State Championships. I am not sure of Your qualifications Stevescarb, but unless you are Eric Turner with 3 State Championship rings, you have no room to judge anyone. You seem to have a bone to pick to take a jab like that. Perhaps you are a frustrated Parent,??? But talent will only take you so far, Believe it or not Coaching makes a difference. We had the best talent in the area when I played and a coach whom was not very good and we never won a state tournament because the coach didn't give us the edge a good coach does. With all the time and effort Farragut's coaches put in,, that is a shame you diss them so much. I hate to attack but that is just wrong!

I agree with dins and OnThePitch... While you might not have meant it, it came out as a pretty harsh blast to coach Culbreth (although, you might have, but I am giving you the benefit of the doubt). I think you might have been trying to say that you believe that Coach McClean is a better coach than Coach Culbreth, but it didn't come out as well received. While Coach McClean might be a better X's and O's type of coach, Coach Culbreth puts his heart and soul into his teams, and has had some pretty good success thus far.

I simply meant that Karns had the better Coach and Farragut had the horses. The original post on this thread implied as much. Please don't read anything into what I wrote that wasn't there. I could have chosen more specific wording.

I'll try to be more specific in the future, given the tendency to look for fault on internet forums.

Nothing more was intended so the somewhat defensive reactions aren't warranted... Particularly the name calling, OTP.

I don't denigrate Coach Culbreth's commitment, but I do understand that a champion is the sum of all the parts.

And, After all, I did just pick Farragut to win the title.

QUOTE(stevescarb @ May 14 2007 - 01:28 PM) 826458961[/snapback]I simply meant that Karns had the better Coach and Farragut had the horses. The original post on this thread implied as much. Please don't read anything into what I wrote that wasn't there. I could have chosen more specific wording.

I'll try to be more specific in the future, given the tendency to look for fault on internet forums.

Nothing more was intended so the somewhat defensive reactions aren't warranted... Particularly the name calling, OTP.

I don't denigrate Coach Culbreth's commitment, but I do understand that a champion is the sum of all the parts.

I apologize if I took it the wrong way. It doesn't hurt my feelings at all; I just thought it might upset the Farragut coaches.

QUOTE(stevescarb @ May 14 2007 - 01:28 PM) 826458961[/snapback]I simply meant that Karns had the better Coach and Farragut had the horses. The original post on this thread implied as much. Please don't read anything into what I wrote that wasn't there. I could have chosen more specific wording.

I for one have been around Coach Culbreth for along time and actually I think he is pretty good. He seems to win when it counts and his boys will go the extra mile for him. If I was choosing someone to be on my sideline or in my corner he would get my vote and he'd get most of his X-players. he may do things different than alot of coaches, but it works and his players care about not letting him down. There may be some great coaches out there with the X's and O's but my choice would be to play for Coach Culbreth. His set plays once got him a write up in the newspaper for consistancy, that's pretty good X's and O's. I think what everyone is saying Stevescarb is your comments may have been unfair.

Farragut will win this one 6-0. Noone can hold them when they are healthy.

We had a meeting today and CoachWally asked us if we knew why he subbed so much. There were lots of answers but the one I liked most was more players get to play. If it wasn't for him doing what he does some of us may never see the field. he also said depending on the play of our player and what he's doing against the opponent that he and the other coaches decide which of our players should be in there for now.

Works for me, ,,,,he is a good coach and I think most of the team would agree, we wouldn't trade him for the best X's and O's

QUOTE(Lion101 @ May 14 2007 - 06:46 PM) 826459111[/snapback]We had a meeting today and CoachWally asked us if we knew why he subbed so much. There were lots of answers but the one I liked most was more players get to play. If it wasn't for him doing what he does some of us may never see the field. he also said depending on the play of our player and what he's doing against the opponent that he and the other coaches decide which of our players should be in there for now.

Works for me, ,,,,he is a good coach and I think most of the team would agree, we wouldn't trade him for the best X's and O's

Well said.

You know how I feel about Coach Culbreth...

I don't want to completely change the subject but Spring Valley(SC), a team that Farragut defeated 2-1, won the AAAA State Championship in South Carolina over Northwestern(SC), a team that Christian Brothers defeated 2-1. Apparently it was a great game.

Although I have never played soccer I would have to say that Wally is a good coach. I can't wait for the game today.

Farragut 2 Karns 1

farragut could very easily score 8 goals if they wanted to. if they play the way they played against SD and bearden...the only thing stopping them from doing it is them being courteous.

QUOTE(R.U.R. @ May 15 2007 - 10:59 AM) 826459431[/snapback]farragut could very easily score 8 goals if they wanted to. if they play the way they played against SD and bearden...the only thing stopping them from doing it is them being courteous.

obviously you have never seen karns play R.U.R.....they have a really good defense and there is no way that farragut could "easily" score 8 goals against karns...there is a reason that karns is in regionals...they didnt get there by getting crushed by teams like farragut...after all, they did tie and beat oak ridge...farragut is a good team with a great offense but karns deserves more credit than they are getting

QUOTE(imronburgundy @ May 15 2007 - 09:50 AM) 826459457[/snapback]obviously you have never seen karns play R.U.R.....they have a really good defense and there is no way that farragut could "easily" score 8 goals against karns...there is a reason that karns is in regionals...they didnt get there by getting crushed by teams like farragut...after all, they did tie and beat oak ridge...farragut is a good team with a great offense but karns deserves more credit than they are getting

Well Ronburgundy i think he has seen Karns play and i think he beat them 5-1.. they don't have a good defense but they have a good offense. So i guess you haven't seen them play