CAK/Catholic ... Farragut/Bearden

This is getting old. Congrats to both these teams for making it to the regions and playing one another... again!

How much more exciting would it be if these teams were in different districts, so we didn't have to see the same teams play in the district finals and then again a week later in the region finals? Maybe one day another team will step it up and make it a little more interesting. Until then... good luck on your journey!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NedNatterjack @ May 15 2007 - 09:36 PM) 826459955[/snapback]This is getting old. Congrats to both these teams for making it to the regions and playing one another... again!

How much more exciting would it be if these teams were in different districts, so we didn't have to see the same teams play in the district finals and then again a week later in the region finals? Maybe one day another team will step it up and make it a little more interesting. Until then... good luck on your journey!

I think it would be more interesting to see CAK and Catholic in 3AAA soccer they would still be very competitiveand might give Farragut and Bearden a run for their money

QUOTE(easttnref @ May 15 2007 - 09:57 PM) 826459974[/snapback]I think it would be more interesting to see CAK and Catholic in 3AAA soccer they would still be very competitiveand might give Farragut and Bearden a run for their money

This is true. I don't know if it's from a lack of competition, but they seem to be a tournament team just like Bearden and Farragut. I don't care what the outcome is during the regular season, but come tournament time they are totally different teams. And they do it year in and year out. And that truly amazes me.

But it would be interesting to see if the districts and classifications could be moved around according to talent level. It will never happen because of the size difference of these schools. But what if...

QUOTE(NedNatterjack @ May 15 2007 - 10:24 PM) 826459986[/snapback]This is true. I don't know if it's from a lack of competition, but they seem to be a tournament team just like Bearden and Farragut. I don't care what the outcome is during the regular season, but come tournament time they are totally different teams. And they do it year in and year out. And that truly amazes me.

But it would be interesting to see if the districts and classifications could be moved around according to talent level. It will never happen because of the size difference of these schools. But what if...

What if they went back to division 2 where thay belong with the other private schools who recruit and if these schools say they don't it is bull, but personally i think becasue these 2 schools didn't compete when they were in division 2 before in all sports they complained till they got put back and it is ridiculous.

QUOTE(easttnref @ May 16 2007 - 04:46 AM) 826460029[/snapback]What if they went back to division 2 where thay belong with the other private schools who recruit and if these schools say they don't it is bull, but personally i think becasue these 2 schools didn't compete when they were in division 2 before in all sports they complained till they got put back and it is ridiculous.

Actually, CAK has never been in division 2.

QUOTE(easttnref @ May 16 2007 - 04:46 AM) 826460029[/snapback]What if they went back to division 2 where thay belong with the other private schools who recruit and if these schools say they don't it is bull, but personally i think becasue these 2 schools didn't compete when they were in division 2 before in all sports they complained till they got put back and it is ridiculous.

Catholic went to state 5 straight years in D II. Twice to the semi-finals. The soccer team was quite content in D II.

QUOTE(uniden @ May 16 2007 - 08:03 AM) 826460065[/snapback]Catholic went to state 5 straight years in D II. Twice to the semi-finals. The soccer team was quite content in D II.

Slight correction, uni. Catholic went to the DII state tournament 5 straight years, three times to the semis in a row (2002-2004). Yes, and the soccer team was very content in DII.

As for the recruiting comment above from easttnref, Knox Catholic has never and will never involve itself with recruiting and athletic scholarships. You don't know what you are talking about. I'd say that goes for CAK as well, but I don't have personal knowledge of the Warriors' program like I do of Knox Catholic.

If the private schools are ever forced out of Division 1 because of the constant whining and endless nagging of a few public school coaches, administrators and parents, I hope the private schools take their unwanted presence and resources and leave TSSAA altogether to form their own independent athletic program, seperate and apart from TSSAA. This is precisely what has happened in other states, in my opinion to the ultimate detriment of both kinds of schools. And yes, BigG, I know there is a seperate forum for this debate. I just get tired of the whining and totally false accusations. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Oh yea, back to the original topic---game three.

I predict another very close game between two evenly matched teams. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I also agree with uniden. This will be the best soccer match in Knoxville on Thursday night even if the KNS gives the big schools top billing, as usual. CAK and Catholic, this year and most recent years, are the soccer equals of Bearden and Farragut and, in my totally biased opinion, the recent matches between the Warriors and the Irish have been more intense than those between our two AAA rivals in West Knoxville.

BigG, what would you think about a charity benefit tournament next year involving Farragut, Bearden, Knox Catholic, West, Webb and CAK? Let me know if you see any potential.

Oh yea, and good luck Thursday at Catholic----just not enough luck. Go Irish! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(shoehp @ May 16 2007 - 06:56 AM) 826460093[/snapback]Most of us just have a problem with the Geographic boundaries and their limitations on the Public Schools, vs none on the Private Schools.

yes and when you get outside those boundries it is recruiting because you are taking that player away from the highschool team they play on i just think private school kids should play the best compittion possible and they are not doing that right now they should be 3AAA in everything but football and basketball they should stay were they are