CAK/Catholic ... Farragut/Bearden

QUOTE(BigG @ May 17 2007 - 01:38 PM) 826461248[/snapback]1. I have no clue of what you are referring to with the Furman thing.

2. We most likely are going AAA or Division 2 in 2009, so you will get your wish.

3. Yes, we have D-1 sports trainers. Are you telling me that public schools do not have athletic trainers on campus?

4. There will never be a level playing field.

If I was you I wouldn't know about the Furman thing either

For the record an athletic trainer tapes ankles and things like that your trainers are for strength and conditioning like a college would have

yes there will never be an even playing field as long as Private schools are with public schools

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(easttnref @ May 17 2007 - 05:38 PM) 826461311[/snapback]If I was you I wouldn't know about the Furman thing either

For the record an athletic trainer tapes ankles and things like that your trainers are for strength and conditioning like a college would have

yes there will never be an even playing field as long as Private schools are with public schools

*sigh*

So your contention is that no matter what CAK people say they are guilty? Wow...are you really a ref? Maybe you should resign if you can't be more objective...

QUOTE(easttnref @ May 17 2007 - 03:38 PM) 826461311[/snapback]If I was you I wouldn't know about the Furman thing either

Omigod! MPH has morphed into easttenref! Only difference was MPH was always looking for the LEVEL PLAYING FIELD instead of the EVEN PLAYING FIELD. Wonder if he'd settle for an odd playing field?

QUOTE(easttnref @ May 17 2007 - 05:38 PM) 826461311[/snapback]If I was you I wouldn't know about the Furman thing either

I only know about soccer so that is about all my discussion has to deal with on this topic.

I would have to see a letter from Furman before I would believe that story.

I know of a few public schools that use strength and conditoning trainers during the preseason. If any team needs one during the season it would be obvious their practice sessions need to be overhauled.

Lastly it doesn't matter about private v. public, it helps to have good feeder systems from the club level. Middle school soccer alone doesn't provide the same quality of training and competition that a good club does for the players. So a level playing field will never happen until your players branch out to find training or someone pays someone to come in town to train at a young age.

QUOTE(Soccer Gypsy @ May 17 2007 - 08:31 PM) 826461539[/snapback]I only know about soccer so that is about all my discussion has to deal with on this topic.

I would have to see a letter from Furman before I would believe that story.

I know of a few public schools that use strength and conditoning trainers during the preseason. If any team needs one during the season it would be obvious their practice sessions need to be overhauled.

Lastly it doesn't matter about private v. public, it helps to have good feeder systems from the club level. Middle school soccer alone doesn't provide the same quality of training and competition that a good club does for the players. So a level playing field will never happen until your players branch out to find training or someone pays someone to come in town to train at a young age.

my community doesn't have the money for these endeavors i have a hard time getting my kids to pay a 75 dollar team fee!

but i am sure out there in west knoxville you have never seen a problem like this.

QUOTE(easttnref @ May 18 2007 - 05:12 PM) 826462095[/snapback]my community doesn't have the money for these endeavors i have a hard time getting my kids to pay a 75 dollar team fee!

but i am sure out there in west knoxville you have never seen a problem like this.

WOW...switching from accusing a team of cheating by using a college (with no evidence I might add) to 'poor us we don't have any money'. Snapped my head around so hard I got whiplash. Maybe you could explain your position a bit so the rest of us can follow (said with a cringe...can see this one coming I'm afraid).

Easttnref,

1. The Furman thing makes no sense. If I were you I wouldn't push it without a copy in your hand and on your scanner.

2. By 2009 there will be major changes. Probably for the worse. But who knows, maybe we'll leave it in the hands of the Supreme Court.

3. Not all private schools have trainers like the "D1" trainers you speak of. In fact, ours shows up at 3:30 and leaves when he can. We have a very low class weight room and probably some middle schools have much better ones.

The field is unequal because on the average, the private school will get much more out of its students than the public school-grades, test scores, fewer discipline problems and yes, results on the fields and courts. The private schools should since they have a selective enrollment, there's no conspiracy involved in it.

QUOTE(Indian @ May 21 2007 - 09:45 AM) 826463989[/snapback]The field is unequal because on the average, the private school will get much more out of its students than the public school-grades, test scores, fewer discipline problems and yes, results on the fields and courts. The private schools should since they have a selective enrollment, there's no conspiracy involved in it.

I agree with your basic premise, but I suggest it is bordering on disingenuous to talk in tems of the "average" private or public school. What about the public or magnet schools that get more out of their kids than the "average" public school? Are they also on an "unequal" footing with other public schools that underachieve?

There is no such thing as a "level" or "even" playing field. Every school/team has some "advantage" over every other school! Likewise every school has some disadvantage as compared to other schools. I believe the key to success is capitalizing on those advantages and minimizing the extent of those disadvantages.

Williamson County has demographic traits that give it tremendous financial advantages over any other county in the state. Brentwood, Franklin and Germantown, for that matter, all have household incomes double the state average. The TSSAA should create a separate sub DI classification - R1 or Rich Schools. No doubt the parents of students at these schools have cheated on their 1040's and we have to segregate them in order to LEVEL THE PLAYING FIELD. We don't want these rich schools with all their financial advantages playing our middle class students. Think of the terrible toll on the psyches of students who might lose to a rich school.

QUOTE(easttnref @ May 18 2007 - 04:12 PM) 826462095[/snapback]my community doesn't have the money for these endeavors i have a hard time getting my kids to pay a 75 dollar team fee!

Dont even try. LOL. We all know what most privates do. Thats my opinion and they deny it. Thats what a debate is. The problem comes that they like to demoralize and tear down people who disagree with them. So again I say don't even try unless you are prepared for name calling and attacks on your family.