5/18 AA Substate Games

timbdp

Let me add my congratulations to all the teams that won. But I also want to congratulate the girls who ended their seasons tonight. Be proud of what you accomplished. You will obviously be disappointed not to make it to state, but you have had great careers.

To the girls from Sycamore, especially Sam and Coty, you played a beautiful game. Sam, I know you well enough to know you were hurting after the 5th. I was proud of how you played through it and made no excuses. Coty, we were worried every time you stepped into the batters box. Any strikes we threw to you were mistakes, but you made us pay if it was even close.

This is one of the things that makes High School sports so wonderful. Where else can you be so excited by your team's victory and be heartbroken because the other team had to lose?

Best of luck to all the players, whether your season continues or not.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(captwillie @ May 18 2007 - 11:58 PM) 826462497[/snapback]Thanks timbdp we new you would come through for us again bye picking against us. With you against us we can do anything. I just want to know one thing do you pick aginst us because of jealousy or is it just pure stupidity?

From a faithful Greenbrier fan.

That was a little uncalled for. If he makes a prediction and he's wrong then he's wrong and oh well.

From a completely unbiased point of view.

QUOTE(timbdp @ May 19 2007 - 01:11 PM) 826462848[/snapback]greenbrier should be glad white house made a throwing error in last inning of game against greenbrier if that did not happen white house would be at the spring fling not greenbrier

If frogs had wings (and you know the rest) Congrats Greenbrier.

QUOTE(zachsdad @ May 18 2007 - 10:06 PM) 826462419[/snapback]Let me add my congratulations to all the teams that won. But I also want to congratulate the girls who ended their seasons tonight. Be proud of what you accomplished. You will obviously be disappointed not to make it to state, but you have had great careers.

To the girls from Sycamore, especially Sam and Coty, you played a beautiful game. Sam, I know you well enough to know you were hurting after the 5th. I was proud of how you played through it and made no excuses. Coty, we were worried every time you stepped into the batters box. Any strikes we threw to you were mistakes, but you made us pay if it was even close.

This is one of the things that makes High School sports so wonderful. Where else can you be so excited by your team's victory and be heartbroken because the other team had to lose?

Best of luck to all the players, whether your season continues or not.

Thanks Zachsdad, if she was you no she would never admitt it. I was impressed by the sportsmanship of the young ladies from Hume Fogg, most of which I've known for

most of their lifes. I would like to wish them the best of luck in the state along with the other teams from this area(Camden, Goodpasture and Greenbrier) all of which

we played at one point or another in the season. Having watched Stone Memioral, Gibbs and Covington play this should be a great tournament with alot of teams having a

great chance to win.

It's hard to get this close and lose, but someone has too. 30-14 sure beats the heck out of 3-24 their freshman year. plus Sam and Coty are both moving on to the next

level.

Again good luck too, the ones moving on!

Also there are great kids on both Greenbrier and White House. I know most of them, quit living your life threw them and give them a brake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!