Smyrna vs. Overton

smyrna=statechamps06

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ May 17 2007 - 03:08 PM) 826461268[/snapback]i dont beleive anyone is gonna get any wood on the ball JK

should be a great game..overton has faced great pitching also they have the kid from ravenwood and franklin has a few good kids too

This will be a good one, both teams bring alot to the plate, field & mound. Good luck to both teams. Will definately see one of the 2 in Murf. next week.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest workinprogress

QUOTE(justafanman22 @ May 18 2007 - 11:22 AM) 826461911[/snapback]The past week overton saw antioch...no pitching...and franklin...little pitching. franklin has a strong offense to balance out there lack of superior pitching and they are a good overall team. the best pitcher in overton's district is francescon at ravenwood. johnson from overton is strong too. that being said after those two the district pitching is pretty thin. this is who Smyrna has seen. Hill, Cotham, Boston, frey (twice), Harper from clarksville...and they beat them all except Boston. Smyrna has gotten everybody's ace all through the district except for against mt juliet, who i think has 3 aces. and they saw all 3 of them. Sonny can be beaten....if he has an off day. it can very easily happen. but the bottom line is that if Sonny has his A game, Overton won't get a runner past 2nd base. If he has his B game...Smyrna still wins. overton had better hope for the C or worse.

Looks like Overton is getting his A game and looks like I am wrong so far. One hit after five innings is not good.

First, I would like to say the 2nd batter of the game got a hit followed by an error on the throw..BUT the home cooking is going to put an Error for Sonny anyday..Morrisons speed beats that throw anyday.

Second, Overton went to tournaments in Memphis and Knoxville and saw upper 90's each time..I knew that Sonny would fan more than 10. Not on that squad..

Overton lost the game themselves by not executing the small things, But give credit to Smyrna for taking advantage of that!

Go Dogs! All the way /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I saw the game and Sonny had his B minus stuff at best. If you saw him in Clarksville...that was his A stuff. I have watched him all year and his stuff suffered on 3 days rest. That being said...he still dominated Overton. And that was an error in the first inning for sure because the throw was in the dugout by the time that kid got to first.

QUOTE(justafanman22 @ May 18 2007 - 11:21 PM) 826462578[/snapback]I saw the game and Sonny had his B minus stuff at best. If you saw him in Clarksville...that was his A stuff. I have watched him all year and his stuff suffered on 3 days rest. That being said...he still dominated Overton. And that was an error in the first inning for sure because the throw was in the dugout by the time that kid got to first.

that was a hit!!!! he got to that ball was a feat in itself the throw would have been close but just to feild that ball was a great play and that is why it was ahit and then an error for him going to second

i agree with you about sonny he wasnt quite on unreal as that may seem but like i said about it in an earlier post when he needed the strike or a pitch he made it

he did definitely "pitch" tonight. he let his defense work and they did well behind him. From the gun I was watching he was a consistent 89-91. That is amazing for most..but well short of the typical Sonny Gray stuff. but he pitched a smart game and he deserves a lot of credit for pitching within himself.

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ May 19 2007 - 12:29 AM) 826462584[/snapback]that was a hit!!!! he got to that ball was a feat in itself the throw would have been close but just to feild that ball was a great play and that is why it was ahit and then an error for him going to second

i agree with you about sonny he wasnt quite on unreal as that may seem but like i said about it in an earlier post when he needed the strike or a pitch he made it

I thought the play at the time was 50 50?? couldn't really argue it either way

but if it makes everyone feel better go ahead and count it as a hit 2hits 3 hits really doesn't matter in the big picture

the main thing sonny does is put up zeros in the one column that counts and w's in the other one

He not only can throw over 90 he also knows how to pitch and his best asset is he has a fel for what pitch to throw when he has to have it.

I believe he is at 22 innings in a row without giving up a run

QUOTE(82cat @ May 19 2007 - 07:06 AM) 826462660[/snapback]I thought the play at the time was 50 50?? couldn't really argue it either way

but if it makes everyone feel better go ahead and count it as a hit 2hits 3 hits really doesn't matter in the big picture

the main thing sonny does is put up zeros in the one column that counts and w's in the other one

He not only can throw over 90 he also knows how to pitch and his best asset is he has a fel for what pitch to throw when he has to have it.

QUOTE(82cat @ May 19 2007 - 07:06 AM) 826462660[/snapback]I thought the play at the time was 50 50?? couldn't really argue it either way

How many Ks did Gray have yesterday.

How many Ks did Gray have yesterday?