William Blount at Science Hill Substate

etcoach

Both teams are right now in the process of trying to come up with a good time for both schools. Friday looks as though it is out as Science Hill as Senior Awards during the day and WB graduates Fri Night. The latest possibility is TONIGHT at 7:30. WB is checking on transportation as we speak. If this game is played tonight, who will benefit as far as pitching is concerned??

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(etcoach @ May 17 2007 - 09:05 AM) 826461052[/snapback]Both teams are right now in the process of trying to come up with a good time for both schools. Friday looks as though it is out as Science Hill as Senior Awards during the day and WB graduates Fri Night. The latest possibility is TONIGHT at 7:30. WB is checking on transportation as we speak. If this game is played tonight, who will benefit as far as pitching is concerned??

WHAT ABOUT SATURDAY? i dont think either team will benefit anymore than the other as both of their number 1s probably pitched on Monday

Saturday was an option, but S Hill wanted to play at noon, and WB wanted to play at 6:00. Regardless, IT IS OFFICIAL. WB at Science Hill at 7:30 EST TONIGHT. So, after tonight, one team will have their ticket punched to the Fling. You can listen on the internet at blountweb.com/wbcr. If, in the Maryville Area, AM 1470.

QUOTE(etcoach @ May 17 2007 - 09:38 AM) 826461073[/snapback]Saturday was an option, but S Hill wanted to play at noon, and WB wanted to play at 6:00. Regardless, IT IS OFFICIAL. WB at Science Hill at 7:30 EST TONIGHT. So, after tonight, one team will have their ticket punched to the Fling. You can listen on the internet at blountweb.com/wbcr. If, in the Maryville Area, AM 1470.

GOOD LUCK what kind of distance is between the 2?

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ May 17 2007 - 09:29 AM) 826461066[/snapback]WHAT ABOUT SATURDAY? i dont think either team will benefit anymore than the other as both of their number 1s probably pitched on Monday

WB did not pitch their #1 on Monday. Though Garland has the best record, Not their number 1. McGill, my guess to start, and Burstrom will be available

Science Hill plans on starting Hoilman (according to the press) against WB. He has not pitched since last week in districts. The Toppers still have a few innings left in Byrne, Anderson and Howell (if his ankle is better). I am hoping WB can win this one. My advice is hit them early and play good defense. LOL to WB.

QUOTE(Rebel22 @ May 17 2007 - 10:32 AM) 826461102[/snapback]WB did not pitch their #1 on Monday. Though Garland has the best record, Not their number 1. McGill, my guess to start, and Burstrom will be available

You are right on!!! Burstrom is available if needed. He is a big GAMER!!!

QUOTE(davidlimbaugh @ May 17 2007 - 01:08 PM) 826461226[/snapback]If I am one of the other 14 teams playing for a spot Friday night I am not happy with this. I don't want a team having an advantage of an extra day of rest for their pitching staff....

that is one of the reasons i am surpirsed the TSSAA has allowed this

QUOTE(davidlimbaugh @ May 17 2007 - 03:08 PM) 826461226[/snapback]If I am one of the other 14 teams playing for a spot Friday night I am not happy with this. I don't want a team having an advantage of an extra day of rest for their pitching staff....

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ May 17 2007 - 03:16 PM) 826461235[/snapback]that is one of the reasons i am surpirsed the TSSAA has allowed this

Allowing them a Saturday play date would have eliminated this advantage.

4 day rest instead of 3 day rest is an advantage no doubt.

DP set their graduation for Saturday.... Not certain if the Spring playoffs held any weight in their graduation date or not.

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ May 17 2007 - 01:16 PM) 826461235[/snapback]that is one of the reasons i am surpirsed the TSSAA has allowed this

You have problems if you think they should have had kids miss graduation. Playing on Thursday is no advantage. We would not be pitching the guy who pitched last night anyway. If you think a baseball game is more important than graduation, you need to analyze your priorities.