CCS VS PORTLAND

CCSMAN

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Coniglio @ May 18 2007 - 09:05 AM) 826461833[/snapback]CCS should win 3 or 4 to nothing. But nothing is guaranteed.

Portland has beat many good teams this year and I definetly dont think that this game will be a blowout. Dont get me wrong the game could go either way but this game will definetly be exciting.

QUOTE(multisport66 @ May 18 2007 - 09:00 AM) 826461872[/snapback]Portland has beat many good teams this year and I definetly dont think that this game will be a blowout. Dont get me wrong the game could go either way but this game will definetly be exciting.

Has Portland played anyone state ranked in A/AA this year? I just don't think they see the level of competition that CCS has seen (Notre Dame, CSAS, Knox Catholic).

QUOTE(CCSMAN @ May 18 2007 - 10:30 AM) 826461888[/snapback]Has Portland played anyone state ranked in A/AA this year? I just don't think they see the level of competition that CCS has seen (Notre Dame, CSAS, Knox Catholic).

Portland has played some great teams this year MUS, Briarcrest, SC, Gallatin, we won against Clarksville this year to win the Wendy's Cup tourney...but I'm definetly ready to see the outcome of this game Saturday.

I'm not putting anything past CCS but they will see a different team than last year. Portland should have beaten briarcrest this year but was greatly upset in the last 6 minutes when briarcrest came from behind and scored 2 goals to win. they lost 1-0 to MUS and won the wendy's cup against good AAA teams. underestimate them if you want to but if you're smart you'll take this team very, very seriously

Portland has not played the same level of competition on consistent basis the way CCS has, but they have faced some stiff competition and faired well in a majority of those matches. Last year, CCS completely owned the midfield and put constant pressure on Portland's defenders. The difference this year is that Portland's midfield is remarkably better than last year's team and will prevent a lot of the pressure. The game will be more competitive this year simply because I think the midfields will be much more even, allowing for more end to end action and more scoring opportunities this time around for Portland. I am not saying Portland will win; I simply think that Portland is better equipped to compete this year and at least have a shot.