D2 State Tournament

mjuhb

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(stamfordbridgesoccer @ May 24 2007 - 06:42 PM) 826466321[/snapback]Could not agree more. I've seen JP2 multiple times this year, and I have not been impressed. This win is not impressive to me. But the rush of being one win away from state final can often cause teams to rise to the occassion. CBHS is definetely the stronger of the two, but it will be close than we think...cbhs 2 webb 1.

True, it was not an impressive win; JP2 out shot Webb and held the edge on corner kicks and possession. Webb's goalie was great.

QUOTE(bluelion @ May 24 2007 - 11:25 PM) 826466608[/snapback]Congratulations Baylor on an unbelievable season considering you guys lost 15 players off of last seasons team. Next year was supposed to be Baylor's year and you guys have really overachieved this year. Bring the D2 Championship home to Chattanooga!

I could not agree more. Awesome run for Baylor who most did not expect to do alot this year...everyone except the players. Great game against Father Ryan. Can't wait to see the Red Raiders against powerful CBHS.

QUOTE(shims4 @ May 25 2007 - 09:05 AM) 826466800[/snapback]i'm really glad everyone is congratulating baylor considering they have won 2 meaningful games this season: 1 region game and the one last night against father ryan. in truth, they were the weakest to come out of the east. they have a solid defense and in the middle #10 is very good. other than that their attack has been oafish at best and looked like it was in slow motion. yeah they lost a bunch of players and made it to state but other than that they've accomplished close to nothing. and on top of that the only reason their defense is seemingly so effective is because no one sees it all year and usually aren't too willing to step outside their normal style of play and do the simple things that beat a flatback. congrats baylor you won one region game and got dominated in the others.

this year it just so happened that the two best teams CBHS and Webb played in the semis. the championship game will really be one sided in CBHS's favor. Baylor doesn't have the people other than #10 to handle the christian brother's midfield and fluid attack. The game between them and webb might as well have been the championship game for all intents and purposes.

Wow how classless shim since everyone knows you are Webb.

QUOTE(jon26 @ May 25 2007 - 08:24 AM) 826466813[/snapback]Wow how classless shim since everyone knows you are Webb.

Haha so true. I guess you can really see a person's true character when put in a situation where they have just lost their season. Many people will agree that the best from the east region was between Baylor and McCallie. It is frustratiing that both could not contend for the state title. Either way, The best of luck to Webb next year.

First of all, if you asked me i think the MBA/CBHS game was played too early, not the CBHS/Webb game. don't get me wrong or anything, Webb is good but MBA has had the results to prove that offensively and defensively they were a great team. Secondly, don't bash Baylor just b/c you guys lost. they found a way, and beat a good father ryan team in the semi's.

Back to the MBA/CBHS game, i would love to see that game in the setting of a state championship game. I wish they didn't have to play each other in the first round of state 2 years in a row.

QUOTE(sivart @ May 25 2007 - 12:56 PM) 826467023[/snapback]Haha so true. I guess you can really see a person's true character when put in a situation where they have just lost their season. Many people will agree that the best from the east region was between Baylor and McCallie. It is frustratiing that both could not contend for the state title. Either way, The best of luck to Webb next year.

Way to go Baylor....they pulled it together when it counted. Baylor should be very strong next year with a very strong junior class, and strong sophomore class. Sam Williams, freshman forward, will be incredible...very fast with great moves. McCallie loses some very important players that they also have a very strong junior class. Webb, loses the most. I think alot of seniors. Baylor and McCallie look strong for the East again next year. Hope Baylor takes it all the way!

Shims that was a pretty low blow, but i will say that all this stuff about Webb getting lucky seems a little bit ridiculous. They beat some pretty good teams this year. They came out and dominated the second have agianst McCallie (yes i was at that game), they dominated baylor in the regional final, they beat a good West team, tied CAK, and played a better game then MBA did against CBHS. The newspaper even said that the CBHS players goal was lucky. He was in the right place at the right time. All that being said, Baylor you did beat probally the hottest team in the state yesturday. Good luck tomorrow. Your defence should give CBHS some problems. All that being said i think CBHS will win 1-0.