How bad did Smith Co. get beat in scrimmage with DCA

I'm sorry that I was wrong about that. I think that was the first win against Jackie Kelly that Maynard had. If I am correct, Maynard now has 3 wins against Kelly. His semi-final team at Upperman lost to Westmoreland. Maynard is a good Coach no doubt about it and yes Smith County has an excellent program. There program has excelled and was better than Westmorelands for several years now. I am honest in my thinking and what I say. I think Westmoreland did the best they could do under the circumstances that they faced. They were facing large teams with DI prospects. Up until 3 - 4 years ago, Westmoreland was on the low end of the 2A on the number of students in the school. Now they are in the middle of the road. I am confident that Westmoreland will do well at least for the next 3 years. After that, I forsee a drop in talent and who knows what the TSSAA will do with the next reassignment of districts and classifications. Like I say, talent runs in cycles in all small schools. But I am so greatful that our young men at Westmoreland are in a league that they can win and loose to teams with the same oppurtunities as they have. Private schools have no business playing Public shcols for region titles or state championships. I know all of you are proud of your accomplishments at Smith County. It would make me happy to see our region represented in a State Championship game. Hopefully, this will happen in the near future.

I agree...I am also satisfied with the region we have. I hope you are right about the future too.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic