D1 State Results

QUOTE(janinelpn2 @ May 21 2007 - 04:53 PM) 826464130[/snapback]A special congratulations goes out to Team Memphis Elite-Daniels and Memphis Flight-James for their very good performances this weekend. These 2 teams practice together daily and have developed a little sister/big sister relationship that will last forever. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Now, I have tried to keep from boasting, but I can't help myself. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> For all of those critics out there who in the past made remarks that Memphis does not produce great players/teams, you were wrong. That was proven this past weekend with the results from the various age groups. The Team MEMPHIS Elite organization had teams participating in the finals of each age group and 2 competing in the very tough 15U division. The coaches of these teams put in very long hours working with these young ladies to help them become better players and respectable young ladies. They are not nor do they expect monetary compensation for doing so. The only compensation they receive is when they see these young ladies shine both on and off the court. Keep up the good work coaches. You are appreciated and loved more than you know. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Good luck to all of the teams as they prepare to participate at nationals and bring the hardware back to Tennessee. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Had to highlight from the quote above and make a comment - HUGE difference in organizations in KGC and Elite or Team Pride - we practice (10U - second in state) once or twice a week depending on what we are getting ready for. We have no "sister" team in our age range to practice against, our 14U's would probably not help our confidence any. Yet, we do as well as we do.....which to me is an amazing thing. Our coaches are exceptional and they coach with positive reinforcement and constant teaching. Our girls respect them and listen to them, with obviously great results. We aren't a Team Pride, Trotters, Memphis Elite type program as far as facilities, money, and area pool of talent. We PLAY HARD (our motto), with discipline, and listen to our coaches. We have great girls, parents, and most of all - GREAT COACHES who care about our girls. KGC!!

Congrats to all the winners in all the brackets!

We're going to Disney World!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ProudKGCPrideParent @ May 24 2007 - 06:55 PM) 826466274[/snapback]Had to highlight from the quote above and make a comment - HUGE difference in organizations in KGC and Elite or Team Pride - we practice (10U - second in state) once or twice a week depending on what we are getting ready for. We have no "sister" team in our age range to practice against, our 14U's would probably not help our confidence any. Yet, we do as well as we do.....which to me is an amazing thing. Our coaches are exceptional and they coach with positive reinforcement and constant teaching. Our girls respect them and listen to them, with obviously great results. We aren't a Team Pride, Trotters, Memphis Elite type program as far as facilities, money, and area pool of talent. We PLAY HARD (our motto), with discipline, and listen to our coaches. We have great girls, parents, and most of all - GREAT COACHES who care about our girls. KGC!!

Congrats to all the winners in all the brackets!

We're going to Disney World!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

You are correct. You guys have a great group and I have the utmost respect for your coaches. I know both the 10u and 14u teams will represent Tennessee well at nationals. Best of luck....

QUOTE(DUKnowDaGame? @ May 21 2007 - 10:06 AM) 826463954[/snapback]To my knowledge Christopher was the only one who didn't return for the 15U Pride???????

I know Memphis Elite-James added 3 players and Memphis Elite-Miles added 1 player. These teams went from 3rd and 4th last year to 1st and 2nd this year. Elite-James had defeated Elite-Miles seven consecutive times but Elite-Miles pulled out a big one this past weekend in the state finals. Odds are if you play a good team over and over they are bound to get you sooner or later. Anyway, the Championship and Runner-Up trophies for the 15U are in Memphis where they belong.

Next prediction: Don't be surprised to see 3 Tennessee teams in the National Top 10 for this 15u age group (pending if Team Pride keeps its entire team together & the bracket play doesn't dictat them knocking each other out before the sweet 16 round. Also, don't discount Tenn-Elite (Jackson) because they are a very good team as well) /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Just wondering about Team Pride (Gold)..... I "heard" that they may have a player or two that may not go to nationals???? They are a really good team if they stay together???? I wouldn't let the state tournament 4th place finish be the total measure of the season!