D1 State Results

QUOTE(bballmomma @ May 21 2007 - 07:52 AM) 826463895[/snapback]first of all congrats to the Memphis flight on your win, but what kind of game would it of been had KGC not got knocked down and out by the refs in the Wings game on Friday night. That is one game that should of been replayed with unbias refs, you don't have that major of a differnce in the fouls and not smell a rat or three ( not to call any names but does the Insell's ring a bell) if a team can't win on their on what does the win really mean makes one wonder how most of the Nike teams ended up in the finals. I'm sure the complaints are still rolling in on that game. Lauren is a great ball player but she needs to remember she has 4 other players on the court with her, that is what makes KGC so good they play like a team and have faith in each other even when those shots don't fall they pick each other up and that is something you just don't see on teams anymore. As always KGC is a joy to watch and a class act good job to the coaches and parents on a fine team of young ladies. KGC shake this one off and look forward at the big picture in Nationals where they'll be no "HOME COOKING" from the refs. Yes, i agree with one of the other post Tennessee will be represented well in the nationals and hopefully Tn will bring home the title this year.

ptguard12,

what's your take on the whole insane weekend?

I agree that KGC is a class act so it's a shame you're dragging down that reputation with your comments. I agree that had KGC beaten the Wings on Friday night, they would have most likely been in the finals against the Flight. However, I can't see where that would have impacted the result of their match-up with the Flight. The Wings are a talented team that made it to the finals last year, and the fact they played KGC to an 8 point game in the 3rd place game should demonstrate that Friday night wasn't a fluke. If you really believe the "Insell/ref conspiracy theory", why would they want to arrange things where one of their own teams had to play KGC in the semi-finals.

Lauren had a big scoring game against KGC, but those familiar with her will tell you it is not uncommon for her to have more assists than points. She is the ultimate team player, and it's a shame people can't appreciate that Tennessee has such a talented athlete in its midst, instead of trying to find things wrong with her. And to answer the other question about her and UT, she has verbally committed which at this point in time is all she can do. It's just too bad we have to wait for 3 more years to see her in orange.....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(sportsfreak2307 @ May 21 2007 - 07:00 AM) 826463880[/snapback]I'm not saying she is the whole thing with the politics but do you think the Flight could have beat the pride if she was not there. She had 30 of thier points and prolly 10+ assists with her ability to drive and kick. They won by 12 I think.

Taylor Hall is an excellent player and had a big scoring game for KGC against the Flight. How much do you think KGC would have lost to the Flight by if she didn't come over last year from the West VA Thunder team? Stupid question? My point, exactly......

QUOTE(DUKnowDaGame? @ May 21 2007 - 12:59 AM) 826463850[/snapback]Team Pride is still a very good team. Of course everyone knows about their post play. However, they are a good outside shooting team "but" with Christopher last year they had another ball handler and dead eye shooter.

Some poor pool at AAU Nationals is going to see their fourth place finish and boy aren't they going to be in for a surprise.

How many of the players who were on last year's 14U Pride team are also on this year's 15U squad? I don't live in Middle Tennessee, so I'm not familiar with who's playing on this year's team and who's not.

QUOTE(kmharris03 @ May 21 2007 - 09:22 AM) 826463933[/snapback]How many of the players who were on last year's 14U Pride team are also on this year's 15U squad? I don't live in Middle Tennessee, so I'm not familiar with who's playing on this year's team and who's not.

To my knowledge Christopher was the only one who didn't return for the 15U Pride???????

I know Memphis Elite-James added 3 players and Memphis Elite-Miles added 1 player. These teams went from 3rd and 4th last year to 1st and 2nd this year. Elite-James had defeated Elite-Miles seven consecutive times but Elite-Miles pulled out a big one this past weekend in the state finals. Odds are if you play a good team over and over they are bound to get you sooner or later. Anyway, the Championship and Runner-Up trophies for the 15U are in Memphis where they belong.

Next prediction: Don't be surprised to see 3 Tennessee teams in the National Top 10 for this 15u age group (pending if Team Pride keeps its entire team together & the bracket play doesn't dictat them knocking each other out before the sweet 16 round. Also, don't discount Tenn-Elite (Jackson) because they are a very good team as well) /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I believe that your missing the point on Lauren Avant, SHE IS 14 YEARS OLD!!! My point is what the big deal that she is playing 14 under when she is 14 years old??? Get over it your team was a nice team from 10 to 13 but it is a big step when you jump to the 14 year old age and a even bigger step each year from here on out. From what I saw the 3rd best team in the state was KGC, Flight and Pride both were better teams and that is why they were in the finals againist each other. Lauren Avant did score a lot of points this weekend but what does that matter due to that is what great players do in big games. Lauren will be at 14 under Nationals with her 14 under team and we hope she has to miss the first day of Nike Nationsl due to winning a National Title. If you take your blinders off you will see that the Flight other players are very talented players also and they didn't need help from the officials to win the state due to they were just better than the other teams. I look for Flight and Pride to advance far in the Nationals!!

QUOTE(elitebball @ May 21 2007 - 10:07 AM) 826463923[/snapback]Taylor Hall is an excellent player and had a big scoring game for KGC against the Flight. How much do you think KGC would have lost to the Flight by if she didn't come over last year from the West VA Thunder team? Stupid question? My point, exactly......

good point eliteball Taylor is an awesome player but she can't play a team by herself and win it would be virtually impossible nor could Lauren. Both young ladies are strong players but it still takes 5 to win or lose a game. There's no I or ME in team. I had the pleasure of seeing Memphis w/o Lauren in the Miracle Classic and they have a lot of other talent on the team besides her as does the pride. It's not fair to single out these ladies and put them on a pedalstool because God forbid if they faulter and don't proform everygame to the max they are still kids and will have off games....let's face it none of us are perfect as much as we'd like to think we are....:0)

QUOTE(proudmomma @ May 21 2007 - 10:23 AM) 826463965[/snapback]good point eliteball Taylor is an awesome player but she can't play a team by herself and win it would be virtually impossible nor could Lauren. Both young ladies are strong players but it still takes 5 to win or lose a game. There's no I or ME in team. I had the pleasure of seeing Memphis w/o Lauren in the Miracle Classic and they have a lot of other talent on the team besides her as does the pride. It's not fair to single out these ladies and put them on a pedalstool because God forbid if they faulter and don't proform everygame to the max they are still kids and will have off games....let's face it none of us are perfect as much as we'd like to think we are....:0)

I agree. It is unfair to those two and the rest of the players on their teams. It takes a total team effort to be successful, and both of these teams are loaded with talent. I expect both teams to represent Tennessee well at nationals, as well as the other teams that have qualified.

QUOTE(showtime7 @ May 21 2007 - 11:10 AM) 826463955[/snapback]I believe that your missing the point on Lauren Avant, SHE IS 14 YEARS OLD!!! My point is what the big deal that she is playing 14 under when she is 14 years old??? Get over it your team was a nice team from 10 to 13 but it is a big step when you jump to the 14 year old age and a even bigger step each year from here on out. From what I saw the 3rd best team in the state was KGC, Flight and Pride both were better teams and that is why they were in the finals againist each other. Lauren Avant did score a lot of points this weekend but what does that matter due to that is what great players do in big games. Lauren will be at 14 under Nationals with her 14 under team and we hope she has to miss the first day of Nike Nationsl due to winning a National Title. If you take your blinders off you will see that the Flight other players are very talented players also and they didn't need help from the officials to win the state due to they were just better than the other teams. I look for Flight and Pride to advance far in the Nationals!!

showtime7 if you're replying to my post to set things straight KGC is not my team nor am i affilated with them in any way. I saw the wings and kgc play and if you saw it then you need to take off the rose colored glasses and see what really happened. Maybe KGC would of still been in third but i can safely say after seeing the rematch between the two i STRONGLY doubt it. Flight does have some good players but their not as strong as the KGC. That's my opinion as you have yours.

QUOTE(elitebball @ May 21 2007 - 09:07 AM) 826463923[/snapback]Taylor Hall is an excellent player and had a big scoring game for KGC against the Flight. How much do you think KGC would have lost to the Flight by if she didn't come over last year from the West VA Thunder team? Stupid question? My point, exactly......

I think if you take out both girls KGC wins and if you take out Lauren KGC wins. KGC is a better team then the Flight and I think they will go farther in Nationals than them. Lauren like I said had 30 of the points and 10+ assists because she can penetrate the zone that was given to her. I have never seen another 14 year old be able to do that so you take her out then I say KGC by double digits. Also, KGC does not recruit like these other teams. Some of these girls have been together since they were 7 years old in Jr. Pro. Almost every other AAU team in Tn has put 2 or 3 good players from 2 or 3 teams and made a single team. So this makes the job that KGC has done even more respectable.

Against the Wings on Friday the Wings shot 31 free throws to KGC's 6. The Pride is too good of a team to foul that much because of their great discipline. So I would have to say that the refs definately changed that game. The Wings should have won by 20 but instead they won by 3 this shows that KGC can beat them any day under fair circumstances.

sporsfreak i would appreciate it if you would drop this.! our girls played hard ,acted with class! and have represented themselves well.

the girls have won with class and they held there heads high after giving great effort!

lauren avant is an incredible player and has a great attitude.......a very classy young lady

congrats to the memphis elite on the state title!

also the tn wings are a great bunch! lets let the rest of this go!