D1 State Results

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lauren Avant has played in all but one tournament with the Flight 14 under team. Teams that are good when they are younger are usually not the best teams when they get older due to players get bigger and stronger as they get older. To answer your question Flight has no problem with the KGC and the goal this weekend was not to beat KGC but it was to win the State Title and that goal was accomplished. KGC just happen to be a team that had to be beat to accomplish this goal!!!

QUOTE(showtime7 @ May 20 2007 - 10:50 PM) 826463825[/snapback]Lauren Avant has played in all but one tournament with the Flight 14 under team. Teams that are good when they are younger are usually not the best teams when they get older due to players get bigger and stronger as they get older. To answer your question Flight has no problem with the KGC and the goal this weekend was not to beat KGC but it was to win the State Title and that goal was accomplished. KGC just happen to be a team that had to be beat to accomplish this goal!!!

I agree with your points. KGC has been at the top at this age group for several years, so it was expected the road to the championship would go through them. They have represented Tennessee well at nationals since these girls were 10, and I expect they will continue to do so this year. They have a great group of players, coaches, and families.

QUOTE(jimbo44 @ May 20 2007 - 11:05 PM) 826463834[/snapback]Great expectation,or who knows.

Team Pride is still a very good team. Of course everyone knows about their post play. However, they are a good outside shooting team "but" with Christopher last year they had another ball handler and dead eye shooter.

Some poor pool at AAU Nationals is going to see their fourth place finish and boy aren't they going to be in for a surprise.

QUOTE(elitebball @ May 20 2007 - 09:45 PM) 826463766[/snapback]9u: TN Team Pride def Team Memphis Elite

13u: TN Flight Trotters def Team Memphis Elite

14u: Memphis Flight def TN Team Pride

15u: Memphis Flight-Miles def Memphis Flight-James

Great job and congrats to all the finalists. It is amazing to see Memphis represented in the finals of every age group.

Like I said in an earlier post. The (SE/TN) 15U group has to be the toughest region in the nation.

Good luck to all at nationals......... /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(sportsfreak2307 @ May 21 2007 - 12:41 AM) 826463856[/snapback]So what happened to her playin with the 16u team and going to the nike nationals which are the same week as the 14u d1 nationals.

Check your dates. Nike nationals begins at the end of the 14u AAU nationals. It would be a great problem to have if the Memphis Flight made it so far in the AAU nationals that she had to go directly to Nike nationals. Don't know where you're getting your information, but all of this has been well thought out. And by the way, the Flight 14u team is a tremendous team without Lauren playing, as evidenced by their runner-up finish in the TN Miracle Tournament in a nationally competitive field, so for anyone to suggest anything different is disrespectful to the other girls. Certainly, they are even better with her.

Lauren is not the only girl out there playing for a Nike team and a different AAU team. So I don't know what "politics" you think are going on at this age group that you reference earlier.

QUOTE(DUKnowDaGame? @ May 21 2007 - 12:06 AM) 826463851[/snapback]Great job and congrats to all the finalists. It is amazing to see Memphis represented in the finals of every age group.

Like I said in an earlier post. The (SE/TN) 15U group has to be the toughest region in the nation.

Good luck to all at nationals......... /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I think I remember you predicted the strong finish by the Memphis teams. Good call.......

QUOTE(elitebball @ May 20 2007 - 10:36 PM) 826463754[/snapback]The answer is yes she has played with the team all year and will be with them at nationals, no she wasn't brought in as a hired gun to beat KGC, and it is a ridiculous question to ask if the Flight would have won without her, just as it would be ridiculous to ask if KGC would have gotten beat worse if one of their great players wasn't on the team. Congratulations to all of these wonderful girls on your state championship and #4 nationals seed. It's too bad some people have to look for conspiracy theories instead of giving the team its proper respect.

first of all congrats to the Memphis flight on your win, but what kind of game would it of been had KGC not got knocked down and out by the refs in the Wings game on Friday night. That is one game that should of been replayed with unbias refs, you don't have that major of a differnce in the fouls and not smell a rat or three ( not to call any names but does the Insell's ring a bell) if a team can't win on their on what does the win really mean makes one wonder how most of the Nike teams ended up in the finals. I'm sure the complaints are still rolling in on that game. Lauren is a great ball player but she needs to remember she has 4 other players on the court with her, that is what makes KGC so good they play like a team and have faith in each other even when those shots don't fall they pick each other up and that is something you just don't see on teams anymore. As always KGC is a joy to watch and a class act good job to the coaches and parents on a fine team of young ladies. KGC shake this one off and look forward at the big picture in Nationals where they'll be no "HOME COOKING" from the refs. Yes, i agree with one of the other post Tennessee will be represented well in the nationals and hopefully Tn will bring home the title this year.

ptguard12,

what's your take on the whole insane weekend?

QUOTE(sportsfreak2307 @ May 20 2007 - 10:00 PM) 826463720[/snapback]Well I know that many people dislike KGC Lady Pride because they have won 4 straight state titles. I am thinking that she was brought down to beat the pride. And since she has committed to Tn, I think she does make a big difference. She is a good ballplayer and I'm not taking anything away from her, but if she is not going to play in the nationals with the Flight does it not hurt them more. Also, I am thinking there are alot of politics going on within this age group.

Can someone please shed light on the committed to TN? It's been stated that she's verbally commited in one story and that UT has signed her in another which is it? I always thought that a college can't sign anyone till there junior/senior year. So how other than a verbal is she commited to UT? I know a lot of kids say i'm going to UT so what's the difference becasue that could be considered a verbal as well.