USJ vs Gibbs in Round #2!

necvol

I watched a couple of innings of the Gibbs vs Marion County game that followed USJ's hard fought win over a game Marshall County team. The first question I have of the Gibbs fans is: Did we see both Gibbs and Marion County's #1 pitchers today? It may have just been that both Gibbs and Marion County are great hitting teams but it appeared to me the pitching was not very striong for either team.

Gibbs will get to hit against a Freshman in USJ's Preston Overbey tomorrow! Even though Preston is only 15 years old he is usually pretty tough!

I look for USJ's bats to make a lot more noise tomorrow! The Bruins continue their march!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(necvol @ May 22 2007 - 10:52 PM) 826464945[/snapback]I watched a couple of innings of the Gibbs vs Marion County game that followed USJ's hard fought win over a game Marshall County team. The first question I have of the Gibbs fans is: Did we see both Gibbs and Marion County's #1 pitchers today? It may have just been that both Gibbs and Marion County are great hitting teams but it appeared to me the pitching was not very striong for either team.

Gibbs will get to hit against a Freshman in USJ's Preston Overbey tomorrow! Even though Preston is only 15 years old he is usually pretty tough!

I look for USJ's bats to make a lot more noise tomorrow! The Bruins continue their march!

Hey Necvol what time is the game tomorrow? I want to try to come to watch a couple games this week! Is your boy going to be there? BTW this is last years left fielder.

Pirate88, I'll never forget that amazing catch you made in last year's Championship Game.

I think the game is scheduled for approximately 12:30 and yes James is there! Lots of USJ fans were in attendance today! Drive carefully and wear your seatbelt. James can attest to the fact that Troopers are testing the accuracy of their radar guns!!!

QUOTE(JaxMan @ May 22 2007 - 11:16 PM) 826464970[/snapback]Good luck Bruins from the crosstown Eagles...we both took one step toward the Gold ball...lets bring two back to town...we will be pulling for you

Great showing today Eagles!!! We are also pulling for you to bring the Gold home to Jackson!!!

QUOTE(necvol @ May 22 2007 - 11:07 PM) 826464959[/snapback]Pirate88, I'll never forget that amazing catch you made in last year's Championship Game.

I think the game is scheduled for approximately 12:30 and yes James is there! Lots of USJ fans were in attendance today! Drive carefully and wear your seatbelt. James can attest to the fact that Troopers are testing the accuracy of their radar guns!!!

Well I dont think I can make that game. I have to work a little. ha Wow I bet the troopers are out in full force for the holiday. Are all the games being played at the same place?

QUOTE(necvol @ May 22 2007 - 11:18 PM) 826464976[/snapback]Great showing today Eagles!!! We are also pulling for you to bring the Gold home to Jackson!!!

As an unbiased fan of both teams, great to see you two pulling for each other. Hasn't always been that way !!! Lots a class from both !!

USJ up 1-0 after 1 Inning!! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

USJ up 2-0 after 1 1/2 Innings!!! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

USJ up 2-1 after 2 Innings!!! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

USj up 4-1 after 2 1/2 Innings!!! Big 2 RBI Single by Hunter Smith (Freshman) /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />