TSSAA Umpires @ State Tournament

nob4upost

QUOTE(E5 @ May 25 2007 - 01:46 PM) 826467043[/snapback]No, they are in the same tournament our 13's are in and I did not know if they were Christiana's returning players.

i think almost all of them are Chrisitianna but there could be a Mcfadden kid or central kid but they are all or should be all Riverdale kids

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting question for you...since it seems everyone here wants fair...when you get a call your way...that you know the ump missed...do you scream at him he missed it...or smile to the guy next to you and say we got a gift...I have played and followed baseball all my life...in every game fans yell at the ump for missed calls that go against their team...I have never heard one yell about a missed call that went for his team...and let's be honest...not all bad calls go against us...we don't want fair...we want wins...so only calls we feel that were missed that hurt our cause upset us...keep up the good work blue...I don't always agree...but I also know I am not impartial and I know you do the best you can...see you next year...

QUOTE(JaxMan @ May 25 2007 - 06:09 PM) 826467167[/snapback]Interesting question for you...since it seems everyone here wants fair...when you get a call your way...that you know the ump missed...do you scream at him he missed it...or smile to the guy next to you and say we got a gift...I have played and followed baseball all my life...in every game fans yell at the ump for missed calls that go against their team...I have never heard one yell about a missed call that went for his team...and let's be honest...not all bad calls go against us...we don't want fair...we want wins...so only calls we feel that were missed that hurt our cause upset us...keep up the good work blue...I don't always agree...but I also know I am not impartial and I know you do the best you can...see you next year...

Amen, see you next year.

And dbmom, I was your 3-base umpire for your Sectional at South Doyle. Have a great summer!

QUOTE(pballer44 @ May 23 2007 - 11:44 PM) 826465790[/snapback]Yea strike zones do tend to migrate from pitch to pitch i think we should rent those computers the put behind the plate in the bigs to see if our umpires are right or not. HAHA

Yep! It's strange how one pitch is called a ball & thensame pitch, same location is a strike (sometimes THE NEXT PITCH!) I have no problem with umpires as long as the calls go both ways.I have to say that our games were called pretty much even, so I have no real complaints. IMO a pitcher just has to find the "Blues" sweet spot & live with / on it !!!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Individually i noted that the umpires were "reasonably consistent". BUT............ somewhat stingy @ times. I believe in gettin' kids to swing the bat ! That's not to say give 'em a half acre, BUT ............. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> I don't like seeing a team take pitch after pitch over millimeters ! HIT THE BALL or at least swing.Bein' smart in the box is one thing, but a pitcher should have a reasonably consistent strike zone. Then it's up to him to find & hit his spots! JMO !

QUOTE(WTRSD63 @ May 26 2007 - 01:47 PM) 826467553[/snapback]The State Championship game was ruined because "Blue" couldn't make up his mind about his strike zone. I was on the second row and Bell was throwin strikes

well I would have to agree he was throwing strikes. I would also venture to say Bartlett was hitting those strikes. 7 earned runs on 6 hits in three innings.

QUOTE(hsbaseballfan03 @ May 26 2007 - 02:58 PM) 826467558[/snapback]well I would have to agree he was throwing strikes. I would also venture to say Bartlett was hitting those strikes. 7 earned runs on 6 hits in three innings.

Bartlett hit Bell pretty good, but Bell had made 3 starts in like 10 days. I think that Bartlett did a great job. I just wish that SD would have hit as well the whole game as they did in the 5th.

QUOTE(WTRSD63 @ May 26 2007 - 01:47 PM) 826467553[/snapback]The State Championship game was ruined because "Blue" couldn't make up his mind about his strike zone. I was on the second row and Bell was throwin strikes

People like you always make me wonder why If you had such a great view of home plate why was'nt the home plate umpire sitting next to you? Stop whining about the umps and just admit Bartlett was the better team. Don't tarnish a great season by SD by blaming the umps, show some class just like Bartlett did last year when they lost they did'nt make excuses they just got beat by a better team. Congrats to both teams on great seasons and especially the Panthers on the first state baseball championship in school history and to WTRSD63 grow up loser!

QUOTE(WTRSD63 @ May 26 2007 - 12:47 PM) 826467553[/snapback]The State Championship game was ruined because "Blue" couldn't make up his mind about his strike zone. I was on the second row and Bell was throwin strikes

Your are right Bell was throwing strikes and Bartlett Kept crushing em. I too was on the second row on Bartletts side and and felt that Blue was calling balls for us when we felt they were strikes. So blue was pretty much consistant for both sides. You dont loose with that big of margin with only 2 walks ..... 16 hits does that for you. South Doyle is a great team that worked hard to get to the Championship game as did Bartlett. So don't disrespect either team by trying to blame the umpires. Congrats to South Doyle. I know yall will be back next year. Hope Bartlett makes it back too.

QUOTE(WTRSD63 @ May 26 2007 - 12:47 PM) 826467553[/snapback]The State Championship game was ruined because "Blue" couldn't make up his mind about his strike zone. I was on the second row and Bell was throwin strikes

You're right, I couldn't agree more!

All umpires are terrible. The umpires in the Championship games probably didn't like one of the teams or the other and got together between innings and decided which team would win.

Yeah, that's probably what happened.

QUOTE(catsbackr @ May 26 2007 - 04:54 PM) 826467673[/snapback]You're right, I couldn't agree more!

All umpires are terrible. The umpires in the Championship games probably didn't like one of the teams or the other and got together between innings and decided which team would win.

Yeah, that's probably what happened.

That post is too funny! Thanks for the laugh