TSSAA Umpires @ State Tournament

nob4upost

QUOTE(leftylegend @ May 26 2007 - 02:24 PM) 826467564[/snapback]People like you always make me wonder why If you had such a great view of home plate why was'nt the home plate umpire sitting next to you? Stop whining about the umps and just admit Bartlett was the better team. Don't tarnish a great season by SD by blaming the umps, show some class just like Bartlett did last year when they lost they did'nt make excuses they just got beat by a better team. Congrats to both teams on great seasons and especially the Panthers on the first state baseball championship in school history and to WTRSD63 grow up loser!

Leftylengend you are right about the whining...we took a big loss last year with alot of dignity. I agree the umps had a tight strike zone and were not calling any close corners but when you had to throw it down the middle Bartlett took advantage of it. Congrats to Bartlett.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WTRSD63 @ May 26 2007 - 02:07 PM) 826467560[/snapback]Bartlett hit Bell pretty good, but Bell had made 3 starts in like 10 days. I think that Bartlett did a great job. I just wish that SD would have hit as well the whole game as they did in the 5th.

Then " Blue" didn't ruin the game, did he? /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(Pantherbert @ May 26 2007 - 05:39 PM) 826467698[/snapback]Then " Blue" didn't ruin the game, did he? /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

No Not at any of the Bartlett games. Stike zones were tight so we had to adjust. Seem to be calling it both ways. There were just times when we didn't like it. But Yeah all of our games were called fairly. Guess you already know that though you were there.

Ok if that wasn't some " Home cooking" I don't know what is. THat was the same Ump that called the game on Thursday that we lost against Houston, and then we destroyed them in the second game that he didn't call. So there all you Bartlett fans out there. Yall can just take your Championship and go on. We will be back next year and i hope that we get a chance at you again.

QUOTE(dtruth @ May 25 2007 - 06:21 AM) 826466690[/snapback]I AIN'T GONNA NEVER DISPUTE BALLS AND STRIKES....BUT MAKEUP CALLS ON THE BASES GET ME RILLED UP.....IF YOU MISS A CALL THEN YOU JUST MISSED A CALL......TO THEN GO AND GIVE A MAKE UP CALL IS MORONIC.....THE GUY ON FIRST IN THE LAST FC vs HUNTINGDON GAME IS SUCH.......MAYBE THE WORST I'VE EVER SEEN AT THIS LEVEL /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Agreed! That guy was terrible, both ways.

QUOTE(WTRSD63 @ May 27 2007 - 11:51 AM) 826468017[/snapback]Ok if that wasn't some " Home cooking" I don't know what is. THat was the same Ump that called the game on Thursday that we lost against Houston, and then we destroyed them in the second game that he didn't call. So there all you Bartlett fans out there. Yall can just take your Championship and go on. We will be back next year and i hope that we get a chance at you again.

The Home Plate umpire for the AAA game was Dale Ford.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dale_Ford

How can that be 'Home Cooking' ???

I don't think Jonesborough is anywhere near Memphis? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonesborough%2C_Tennessee

QUOTE(davidlimbaugh @ May 27 2007 - 10:57 AM) 826468020[/snapback]The Home Plate umpire for the AAA game was Dale Ford.

I don't think Jonesborough is anywhere near Memphis? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonesborough%2C_Tennessee

We get Dale Ford every year here in East Tenn. behind home plate for district and region play and he is terrible.Nobody can figure out how we get him.Major league ump assoc. gave him 400.00 not to come back.This info can be found on internet.The webb. site in above statement will tell you all about him.

QUOTE(plowboy2 @ May 27 2007 - 02:57 PM) 826468068[/snapback]We get Dale Ford every year here in East Tenn. behind home plate for district and region play and he is terrible.Nobody can figure out how we get him.Major league ump assoc. gave him 400.00 not to come back.This info can be found on internet.The webb. site in above statement will tell you all about him.

Now that's interesting. Wasn't Dale Ford the plate umpire in the District game between Science Hill and Dobyns-Bennett?

Science Hill is located in Washington County????

Dale Ford is from Washington County???

Oh well. Just an observation.

QUOTE(1moreDBmom @ May 27 2007 - 09:12 PM) 826468189[/snapback]Now that's interesting. Wasn't Dale Ford the plate umpire in the District game between Science Hill and Dobyns-Bennett?

Science Hill is located in Washington County????

Dale Ford is from Washington County???

Oh well. Just an observation.

that would be a great observation but the only problem is..... he is so terrible i dont think he could try to favor one team over another i mean wouldnt u have to know what is the right call to make the wrong one to help a team out

QUOTE(Bill#49 @ May 24 2007 - 09:21 AM) 826465902[/snapback]Maybe you should join the umpire's association and work the games. It is a lot of positive incentives to the job...

1. Angry coaches and players.

2. Parents and spectators who think they can do a better job.

3. Parents, spectators, coaches and players who get on CoachT and tell them how terrible and awful they are.

4. Great $$$. Just ask any official how much they make.

5. Terrific meals. Ever tried a hot dog that has been cooking for more than two hours?

These are just a few of the great incentives. I am sure if you ask any of the people who do this job they can tell you more. They do the best they can so try to give them a little room for mistakes.

Nobody is making you umpire. Evidently you are paying too much attention to the stands! That is a privilege for the price of admission. If it bothers you, get out!

QUOTE(davidlimbaugh @ May 27 2007 - 11:57 AM) 826468020[/snapback]The Home Plate umpire for the AAA game was Dale Ford.

You better watch out or you might get what you wish for. They really werent swinging the bats good when they put up those 17 runs the other night!