USJ 18, Marshall Co. 5 - WP Benjie Fesmire

PageMan

For a complete account of this game, please see the TSSAA box score:

http://www.tssaa.org/2006Champions/StateBa...assAA/Game9.htm

Marshall Co......3..2..0....0..0......5...7...3

USJ..................1..6..2....9..X....18..18..1

Winning Pitcher - Benjie Fesmire - 5 inn - 5 runs - 5 ER - 7 hits - 4 K - 1 walk

Losing Pitcher - Cory Searls - 1.33 inn - 7 runs - 7 ER - 8 hits - 0 K - 1 walk

Relief Pitcher - Koda Watkins - 1 inn - 2 runs - 1 ER - 0 hits - 1 K - 4 walks

Relief Pitcher - Andrew Thornhill - 0.67 inn - 3 runs - 3 ER - 4 hits - 2 K - 0 walks

Relief Pitcher - Zach Cross - 0.67 inn - 5 runs - 2 ER - 4 hits - 2 K - 0 walks

Relief Pitcher - Neal Tatum - 0.33 inn - 1 run - 0 ER - 2 hits - 0 K - 0 walks

Marshall Co. started off well with 3 runs in the top of the 1st as Brad Barnes led off with a double and scored on a single by Zach Cross. Cross advanced to 2nd on a single by Justin McQueen and scored on a single by Judd Stoltz. McQueen eventually scored on a sac fly by Koda Watkins.

USJ's first run came in the botttom of the 1st as Josh Lyles led off with a Home Run to LC. Clayton Gant also singled, but Marshall Co. turned a 6-4-3 double play to end the inning.

Marshall Co.'s final 2 runs came in the top of the 2nd as Cory Searls led off with a Home Run down the LF line followed by a Home Run by Brad Barnes to LC as Marshall Co. now leads 5-1. Unfortunately, Marshall Co. would only get 1 more hit for the game and have only 1 other batter reach base on an error.

USJ's batts came alive in the bottom of the 2nd inn as they scored 6 runs on 6 hits as they sent 12 batters to the plate. Preston Overbey started it off with a double, advanced to 2nd on a single by Hunter Smith, and scored on a single by Benjie Fesmire. Smith scored on a single by Dusty Bright. Fesmire scored on a single by Josh Lyles. Daniel Grimm walked and eventually scored on a passed ball. Clayton Gant singled that scored both Bright and Lyles as USJ took the lead at 7-5.

USJ added 2 runs in the bottom of the 3rd as Dusty Bright walked, Josh Lyles reached base on an infield error, and both scored on a single by Clayton Gant as USJ increased their lead to 9-5.

In the bottom of the 4th inn, USJ scored 9 runs on 9 hits as they sent 14 batters to the plate. Here is how each batter did that either got a hit, scored a run, or had an RBI starting with the 1st batter Will Glenn:

Will Glenn - Single and Double - 2 Runs - 1 RBI

Hunter Smith - Single and reached base on an infield throwing error - 2 Runs - 1 RBI

Benjie Fesmire - 2 Singles - 2 RBI's - 1 Run scored by CR Simon Arcuri

Dusty Bright - Single

Josh Lyles - Single - 1 Run - 1 RBI

Clayton Gant - Double - 1 Run - 1 RBI

Jon Wills - Single - 1 Run

Preston Overbey - Reached base on infield error - 1 Run

USJ now has an insurmountable lead of 18-5 and they ended the game in the top of the 5th allowing only Judd Stotz to get a single.

Marshall Co. had eight Seniors who played their final high school game:

CF #1 Brad Barnes

SS #2 Justin McQueen

P/RF #5 Cory Searls

2B #6 Seth Nance

RF/3B/LF #10 Judd Stoltz

Reserve #11 Fred West

Reserve #16 Kellen Gower

1B #30 Cody Primm

Good luck to all these Seniors in their future endeavors.

Thanks Pageman --

What you do for the teams of our district and region will be be rewarded someday. Thanks for all of the time and efforrts you put into the season. Nowhere but here on coacht can we get such a comprehensive report as your posts.

Get some rest during the summer and get ready for fall sports. I know you do a lot for the volleyball and basketball teams at Page High School as well.

Thanks again from your fans in Marshall County. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Thanks allaboutsports. I enjoyed following Marshall Co. in the post season and hoped they would go further. I guess I have to consider Lewisburg my second home since I spent so much time down there this season. I really enjoyed talking with all the parents and other supporters of the Tigers. I hope to be back to cover volleyball, basketball, and baseball in the next school year, but that remains uncertain at this point due to my financial conditon. I hope to find a job this summer and cover the sports next fall - possibly on a limited basis.

QUOTE(allaboutsports @ May 24 2007 - 10:19 AM) 826465950[/snapback]Thanks Pageman --

What you do for the teams of our district and region will be be rewarded someday. Thanks for all of the time and efforrts you put into the season. Nowhere but here on coacht can we get such a comprehensive report as your posts.

Get some rest during the summer and get ready for fall sports. I know you do a lot for the volleyball and basketball teams at Page High School as well.

Thanks again from your fans in Marshall County. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I'm not from Marshall County but good luck Senior in whatever you do in the future.