South Pittsburg - Trousdale scrimmage

zonepirate

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ May 30 2007 - 06:27 PM) 826469264[/snapback]Although i agree with you that TC might just be trying to set up South Pitt,

Surely you know better than that, it's a spring scrimmage /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

your possible outcome is impossible. Trousdale can't play gordonsville in the third round with the winner playing South Pitt. The way the Playoff system works is that out of 4 of the top ten teams in state (Friendship, Gordonsville, Trousdale, South Pitt) Only one of them will survive the third round.

Assuming SP ends up 1st in our region TC would have to finish 4th to play us in the 1st round or 2nd to play us in the 2nd round (assuming both win in the 1st). With TC losing what they did I would not be surprised with them finishing 3rd. Assuming they beat 2nd in our region (LV?) in the 1st round, that means TC would have to get past my guess for 1st (G'ville) in their region in the 2nd round before they would have a shot at SP (who would have to beat FC in the second round) in the 3rd round. TC and SP could very well not meet in the playoffs. Of course it's just now summer and I'm just killing time until the season starts /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did Trousdale County lose from last season that was so important....Satterfield's son? The team went 7-5....the worst record since 1987. I don't think the comments about replacing some good players is appropriate. TC didn't lose anything that couldn't be easily replaced...other than Satterfield. TC fought through some difficult times last year, lack of leadership and experience was a key factor. TC has a total of three seniors this coming year; this season is going to merely a buildig year for the next couple of seasons.

From what I hear the scrimmage went better than TC had expected. I know they had three of their starters out for some reason. Good luck to both teams this season -- if we as fans are lucky, maybe we can play again in the quarterfinals. Do you guys remember the the semifinal games in between these two teams in 1998 and 1999? There was some major talent for both teams in those two years.

QUOTE(incrediblefan @ May 31 2007 - 01:05 PM) 826469647[/snapback]What did Trousdale County lose from last season that was so important....Satterfield's son? The team went 7-5....the worst record since 1987. I don't think the comments about replacing some good players is appropriate. TC didn't lose anything that couldn't be easily replaced...other than Satterfield. TC fought through some difficult times last year, lack of leadership and experience was a key factor. TC has a total of three seniors this coming year; this season is going to merely a buildig year for the next couple of seasons.

From what I hear the scrimmage went better than TC had expected. I know they had three of their starters out for some reason. Good luck to both teams this season -- if we as fans are lucky, maybe we can play again in the quarterfinals. Do you guys remember the the semifinal games in between these two teams in 1998 and 1999? There was some major talent for both teams in those two years.

Clint Sat plays mind games more than any Coach I know. He knows how to mess with the minds of coaches and opposing players. For those of you who talk about what they lost last year, get ready. Clint is chomping at the bits. This years team is a whole lot better than last years team. Westmoreland scrimmaged them during the last two Springs. They look a lot better this year than last. Remember in 2001 when Portland beat Trousdale very badly something like 53 - 14 (I'm sure that score is not right but its close) during the regular season, but when Clint met them in the playoffs he beat Portland 17-14. All I can say, Coach Grider you have messed up.

QUOTE(singray @ May 30 2007 - 05:56 PM) 826469251[/snapback]Clint Satterfield scrimmaged South Pittsburg for one reason only, so he could beat them in the playoffs. Bad mistake on Griders part. Clint never throwing a pass tells me something. He has set SP up. Trousdale County will be back this year in 1A. They will be playing Gordonsville in the 3rd round of the playoffs. The winner of that game will play SP.

there is NO way a region 3 tea can play a region 4 team in the semi-finals

QUOTE(incrediblefan @ May 31 2007 - 01:05 PM) 826469647[/snapback]What did Trousdale County lose from last season that was so important....Satterfield's son? The team went 7-5....the worst record since 1987. I don't think the comments about replacing some good players is appropriate. TC didn't lose anything that couldn't be easily replaced...other than Satterfield. TC fought through some difficult times last year, lack of leadership and experience was a key factor. TC has a total of three seniors this coming year; this season is going to merely a buildig year for the next couple of seasons.

The Satterfield kid was a pretty important piece (he was a player) but yes he can be replaced...in time. They lost several other kids who also can be replaced (but easily?) but that means the team has less experience and with only 3 seniors they are a young team (sounds like SP last year). TC's running back did have a good day, he was impressive. I have no doubt that TC will do well but maybe not as well as the TC faithful would like.

From what I hear the scrimmage went better than TC had expected. I know they had three of their starters out for some reason.

TC did well in the scrimmage with a "rebuilding" team vs an experienced SP team. TC had some starters out but we had our fastest wing out and our starting QB went out 30 mins into the scrimmage. Right now TC could beat most of the teams in region 3 and 4. To put it in perspective after the scrimmage Coach Grider went over the good and bad of the scrimmage with the team and then told them "just remember who you were playing.....this wasn't (unnamed region 3 team) you were playing". TC was going against a pretty good team too and Coach Satterfield knows that and has to be happy about parts of their performance. Both teams will be good this year but TC has an uphill battle having both the Ville and FC to contend with.

Good luck to both teams this season -- if we as fans are lucky, maybe we can play again in the quarterfinals. Do you guys remember the the semifinal games in between these two teams in 1998 and 1999? There was some major talent for both teams in those two years.

If we ever have that kind of talent at the same time again they will want us to start our own division /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

It would be great to meet TC in the playoffs. No other match-up would have that kind of excitement

QUOTE(singray @ May 31 2007 - 01:35 PM) 826469662[/snapback]Clint Sat plays mind games more than any Coach I know. He knows how to mess with the minds of coaches and opposing players.

Coach Satterfield....MIND games.....no way /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

(BTW he does it at scrimmages too and even to his own players and coaches...he cracks me up)

For those of you who talk about what they lost last year, get ready. Clint is chomping at the bits. This years team is a whole lot better than last years team. Westmoreland scrimmaged them during the last two Springs. They look a lot better this year than last. Remember in 2001 when Portland beat Trousdale very badly something like 53 - 14 (I'm sure that score is not right but its close) during the regular season, but when Clint met them in the playoffs he beat Portland 17-14. All I can say, Coach Grider you have messed up.

I told Coach Grider what you said about being set up. He got a good laugh /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

TC may very well be a better team than they were last season....at some point, but I saw them play against Temple and I saw them last week and they ain't there yet /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />