Game 1 - USJ 15, Gibbs 0 - WP Clayton Gant

PageMan

Here is the link to the TSSAA Box Score:

http://www.tssaa.org/2006Champions/StateBa...ssAA/Game11.htm

I disagree with the final score as I had 15-0 as did the scoreboard at Smyrna

USJ........2..4..4....3..2.....15..13..0

Gibbs.....0..0..0....0..0......0....2...1

Winning Pitcher - Clayton Gant - 3 inn - 0 runs - 0 ER - 1 hit - 3 K - 0 walks - 1 hit batter

Relief Pitcher - Benjie Fesmire - 2 inn - 0 runs - 0 ER - 1 hit - 3 K - 0 walks - 1 hit batter

Losing Pitcher - Chris Armstrong - 1+ inn - 5 runs - 5 ER - 5 hits - 0 K - 1 walk

Relief Pitcher - Travis Peters - 1.33 inn - 5 runs - 5 ER - 3 hits - 0 K - 3 walks - 1 hit batter

Relief Pitcher - Josh Peters - 0.67 inn - 2 runs - 2 ER - 2 hits - 0 K - 2 walks

Relief Pitcher - Britton Bates - 1.67 inn - 3 runs - 2 ER - 1 hit - 1 K - 1 walk

Relief Pitcher - Cody Armstrong - 0.33 inn - 0 runs - 0 ER - 2 hits - 0 K - 0 walks

USJ scored 2 runs in the top of the 1st as Clayton Gant singled, Jons Wills singled, and Preston Overbey doubled which scores Gant's CR Simon Arcuri and Overby.

USJ added 4 runs in the top of the 2nd as Hunter Smith walked, Benjie Fesmire singled, and Dusty Bright doubled which scored Smith and Fesmire. Josh Liles tripled which scored Bright. Daniel Grimm had a sac fly which scored Liles as USJ now leads 6-0

USJ added 4 more runs in the top of the 3rd as both Benjie Fesmire and Dusty Bright walked and Josh Liles doubled which scored both Fesmire and Bright. Daniel Grimm singled which scored Liles. Grimm eventually scored on a single by Preston Overbey as USJ now leads 10-0

USJ added 3 more runs in the top of the 4th as both Hunter Smith and Benjie Fesmire walked and Josh Liles hit a Home Run to right center field that scored himself, Smith, and Fesmire as USJ now leads 13-0.

USJ's final 2 runs came in the top of the 5th as Jon Wills reached base on an infield error, Will Glenn walked, Benjie Fesmire singled which scored Wills, and Dusty Bright singled which scored Glenn to make the final score 15-0. There is a mistake in the play-by-play account from the TSSAA for this half inning.

The win by USJ forced the 2nd game.

QUOTE(PageMan @ May 24 2007 - 10:38 PM) 826466535[/snapback]Here is the link to the TSSAA Box Score:

http://www.tssaa.org/2006Champions/StateBa...ssAA/Game11.htm

I disagree with the final score as I had 15-0 as did the scoreboard at Smyrna

USJ........2..4..4....3..2.....15..13..0

Gibbs.....0..0..0....0..0......0....2...1

Winning Pitcher - Clayton Gant - 3 inn - 0 runs - 0 ER - 1 hit - 3 K - 0 walks - 1 hit batter

I was wondering about those box scores - they have Gant throwing 5 innings and then 7 innings the second game - would think

Gibbs folks may have made a fuss?????

QUOTE(davidlimbaugh @ May 24 2007 - 10:43 PM) 826466543[/snapback]I was wondering about those box scores - they have Gant throwing 5 innings and then 7 innings the second game - would think

Gibbs folks may have made a fuss?????

Gant only pitched 3 innings the first game then 7 the second for a total of 10 for the day, nothing to fuss about except they got beat by a great pitcher who was on top of his game tonight!