Bartlett and South Doyle Championship game

1moreDBmom

i dono who told you Bartlett couldnt hit SD pitching, but SD had a lot of respect for Bartlett going in and knew they had some big time hitters. and Diadora...SD didnt quit...they fought until the end. Shame on you for such a statement. If SD quit then why were people diving for balls in the 7th inning? Y did Chad bell re-enter to hit? cause SD was still playing the game. I dont think the umps were much of a factor in an 11 run game. Hats of to Bartlett...and thanks to a classy Coach Clark for stopping the unnecessary over-rated chant. Both teams were very good, Bartlett just happened to be better last night. And who knows they might have been better if 10 more games were played, but both teams were in the championship so i dont think either one was over-rated.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to take back my comment about SD giving up on Diadora47's page, but I do think that "Blue" didn't call the game fair. By the way it wouldn't have been an 11 run game if the was called fair. I never said that Bartlett couldn't hit but Bell was throwin strikes and anyone that was there knows it. I have to tip my hat to Bartlett experience helps, but to have never been to the state tournament SD played great all week.

QUOTE(bravos2007 @ May 26 2007 - 02:35 PM) 826467550[/snapback]that is fine bout the umpires i mean i dont think the blues went out there on purpose to hurt SD but dont ever say a high school team gave up because kids on these teams will do ne thing to play just a few more games

I don't really think that we gave up, but more like we got frustated and couldn't focuse on the task at hand. I know all those guys personally and i know how hard they have worked the past 4 years to get to this point. I mean Brentz wanted to take one yard so bad he couldn't stand it. Especially since that is were he is gonna be playing he college ball.

QUOTE(WTRSD63 @ May 26 2007 - 01:32 PM) 826467548[/snapback]I would like to take back my comment about SD giving up on Diadora47's page, but I do think that "Blue" didn't call the game fair.By the way it wouldn't have been an 11 run game if the was called fair. I never said that Bartlett couldn't hit but Bell was throwin strikes and anyone that was there knows it.[/b[ I have to tip my hat to Bartlett experience helps, but to have never been to the state tournament SD played great all week.

While I agree that the homeplate umpire was inconsistant with his strike zone ( especially on the corners) it wasn't so one-sided. Chad Bell, Bryce Brentz, and Matt Kirkland combined for 7 K's for SD while Justin Wright, Blaine Carnett, and Heath Hatfield combined for 8 K's for Bartlett. I do think Bell got a raw deal on the strike 3 ruled a foul tip which lead to the homerun on the next pitch but even the 3 runs it drove in didn't decide the game.

Like I say though. SD should be really proud of those guys. To make it that far in your 1st trip to the tournament is fantastic. Best of luck to both our teams next season.

QUOTE(Pantherbert @ May 26 2007 - 04:15 PM) 826467583[/snapback]While I agree that the homeplate umpire was inconsistant with his strike zone ( especially on the corners) it wasn't so one-sided. Chad Bell, Bryce Brentz, and Matt Kirkland combined for 7 K's for SD while Justin Wright, Blaine Carnett, and Heath Hatfield combined for 8 K's for Bartlett. I do think Bell got a raw deal on the strike 3 ruled a foul tip which lead to the homerun on the next pitch but even the 3 runs it drove in didn't decide the game.

Like I say though. SD should be really proud of those guys. To make it that far in your 1st trip to the tournament is fantastic. Best of luck to both our teams next season.

thanks for agreeing with me, but it was in the 5th and Brentz was pitching when that happened

First of all i wanna say congrats to South Doyle, they had a great season and fought as hard as they could. Also congratulations to Bartlett on the state championship. I'm very proud to be a SD Kee, and I thank the baseball team for all their hard work and dedication this year. Way to go SD!

QUOTE(1moreDBmom @ May 25 2007 - 08:28 PM) 826467281[/snapback]Well, unfortunately time did run out for them. But there is nothing to hang their heads over. They had a stellar season and there is nothing but better things to come for them in the future.

A wonderful season Cherokees and we are all proud to have you represent East Tennessee for us this year.

Bring back what you've learned from this season and do it all again next year!

Haha, not to kill the high the old Kees have from Murfreesboro, but it just didnt happen for them this year. Nor the parents or the team ever expected to get beat twice down there...one being the Championship game that a few of the Dads on the team have been dreaming of since their sons were 11. I know the majority of the team and there is a few I woulda like to seen get that ring, but for the others...i hate it for ya. haha. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> And by the way, SD will never have a chance to get back to state, they have nothing coming back. Time to hit up Bower Field for some recruits Roberto Howard.

QUOTE(seymourbsbll19 @ May 26 2007 - 07:37 PM) 826467768[/snapback]Haha, not to kill the high the old Kees have from Murfreesboro, but it just didnt happen for them this year. Nor the parents or the team ever expected to get beat twice down there...one being the Championship game that a few of the Dads on the team have been dreaming of since their sons were 11. I know the majority of the team and there is a few I woulda like to seen get that ring, but for the others...i hate it for ya. haha. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> And by the way, SD will never have a chance to get back to state, they have nothing coming back. Time to hit up Bower Field for some recruits Roberto Howard.

South Doyle had a very good season this year defeating Seymour twice. If I got beat the way you did this year by them I wouldn't make such an ignorant post. I believe your team got one hit the first game and the second game there was 16 K's. Sounds like there needs to be some Bower field recruiting on your end. Not to kill the high of the Eagles, haha:lol: /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Please tell Scotto Norman

QUOTE(seymourbsbll19 @ May 26 2007 - 09:37 PM) 826467768[/snapback]Haha, not to kill the high the old Kees have from Murfreesboro, but it just didnt happen for them this year. Nor the parents or the team ever expected to get beat twice down there...one being the Championship game that a few of the Dads on the team have been dreaming of since their sons were 11. I know the majority of the team and there is a few I woulda like to seen get that ring, but for the others...i hate it for ya. haha. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> And by the way, SD will never have a chance to get back to state, they have nothing coming back. Time to hit up Bower Field for some recruits Roberto Howard.

Hey AA Ball. What was the scores of the Seeless VS South Doyle games. Go back to your little AA life and hate it when you get run ruled when you play the Kees. Who did you beat in your little AA lives? I do believe that the Bower group of 12 year olds may give AA a ballgame. Go CHANT with them LOSER. Another thing when you play the PEE WEE league you probably could go to state several times. GO GIBBS GO GOODPASTURE. I hate it for all you SEELESS chanters.

QUOTE(diadora47 @ May 26 2007 - 09:42 AM) 826467463[/snapback]Man, "Blue" couldn't make up his mind about his strike zone. I was ready to jump over the fence at him. I'm not trying to make excuses for the Kees, but i don't thin the game was called very fair. The kid from Bartlett that hit the 3 run shot in the 5th was out he didn't tip the ball. I was standing right their, and he did not make contact with the ball at all. Besides the fact that the Ump was horrible and our bats didn't come alive until the 5th i thought it was a good game until we got too far down. It seem that we gave up in the 6th well at least we in the field.

Congrats on a great season boys... GO Kees

Thats funny I watched the game and I don't remember seeing anybody standing there except the batter,catcher & umpire. You people kill me, it was the umpire it was this call it was that call. What happened was Bartlett came out and put a good old fashioned thumping on your beloved Kees. Stop making excuses Bartlett was 40-5 STATE CHAMPIONS enough said. These boys are the definition of a team. All for one and one for all. So take your excuses back to east tenn. and get some class diadora47 is that your IQ?