2008 AAA

timbdp

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WILDCATS47 @ May 27 2007 - 10:40 PM) 826468257[/snapback]I WOULD THINK THE ONLY CHANGE IS THAT NICK ELLIOTT WILL PLAY 3RD. BUT THAT'S COACH CLARK'S CALL!!!!! STILL WHAT A LINE UP. YOU LOSE ONE STRONG BAT IN DANGER, BUT I BELIEVE BARTLETT WILL BE FINE.

Will Bartlett be ok losing 5 senior pitchers. That leaves 2 junior pitchers.....

The kid that pitched the Lexington/Catholic game and relieved in the State Championship game is a Senior.

QUOTE(baseballfan41207 @ May 27 2007 - 10:15 PM) 826468273[/snapback]Will Bartlett be ok losing 5 senior pitchers. That leaves 2 junior pitchers.....

The kid that pitched the Lexington/Catholic game and relieved in the State Championship game is a Senior.

BARTLETT SHOULD BE FINE IN THE PITCHING LINE UP!!IT'S HARD TO REPLACE SRS, BUT THEY HAVE SEVERAL SOPHMORES THAT ARE STRONG. ONE JR THAT DID NOT PITCH THIS YEAR WILL BE READY FOR THIS SUMMER. THE SRS PITCHERS DID A GREAT JOB IN THE POST SEASON, BUT I BELIEVE BARTLETT PITCHING WILL BE STRONGER NEXT YEAR!!

QUOTE(OaklandBasketball @ May 27 2007 - 10:45 PM) 826468289[/snapback]Oakland won win 42 games or score runs by the dozens next year, but I think they are a strong contender to make it to state. They return 4 or 5 in the field, including Tennyson Dodd, who will be highly sought after, and return 3 of their top 6 starting pitchers

THERE IS NO DOUBT OAKLAND BASEBALL WILL BE TOUGH NEXT YEAR...I HOPE TO SEE A MATCH UP BETWEEN BARTLETT AND OAKLAND NEXT YEAR...IT WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT THIS YEAR!!!!!!

QUOTE(WILDCATS47 @ May 28 2007 - 12:05 AM) 826468299[/snapback]THERE IS NO DOUBT OAKLAND BASEBALL WILL BE TOUGH NEXT YEAR...I HOPE TO SEE A MATCH UP BETWEEN BARTLETT AND OAKLAND NEXT YEAR...IT WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT THIS YEAR!!!!!!

Ill pass on the matchup, at least early on. Talent-wise, we will be nowhere near what we were this year to be honest. Pitching and Defense will be our calling card moreso than hitting and offense

QUOTE(baseballfan41207 @ May 28 2007 - 12:15 AM) 826468273[/snapback]Will Bartlett be ok losing 5 senior pitchers. That leaves 2 junior pitchers.....

The neat thing about high school baseball is when you lose X number of pitchers/players at the end of one season...the following year you will get a new set of Juniors becoming Seniors, Sophomores becoming Juniors..etc.... Everybody gets a whole summer to grow, pass a grade and move up....

I do understand that sometimes it hurts when the graduating class is big...look at Dobyns-Bennett. They actually graduated 12 seniors from their varsity team this year....

They had 12 Seniors, 1 Junior and 4 Sophomores on the Varsity squad, but they had juniors and sophomores back on the JV squad getting actual playing time instead of sitting the bench at varsity games. So those guys will be coming into next year better because they saw that playing time this season.

High School baseball seasons is like opening a brand new box of chocolates every season...you get something new and different from year to year.

Good luck to everyone as they reload for next year!