Spring Fling Baseball Ticket Cost

Frayser1974

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as the two-year-old kid being charged, there is a story on the CoachT home page from the DNJ that has Ronnie Carter saying they charge 2-year-olds at every state tournament... not just Spring Fling. I don't know if that helps.

As far as charging to park, I was told it is up to the venue site to charge. I think there might have been a baseball site that didn't charge for parking.

QUOTE(worthyone @ May 28 2007 - 09:39 AM) 826468366[/snapback]As far as the two-year-old kid being charged, there is a story on the CoachT home page from the DNJ that has Ronnie Carter saying they charge 2-year-olds at every state tournament... not just Spring Fling. I don't know if that helps.

As far as charging to park, I was told it is up to the venue site to charge. I think there might have been a baseball site that didn't charge for parking.

Ronnie Carter and the T$$AA are money hungry. There is no reason to charge any kid 5 and under....they aren't there to sit and watch the game. They are there because they can't stay at home and their parents must come and watch big brother. This is stupid!

QUOTE(pedo_29 @ May 28 2007 - 09:54 AM) 826468371[/snapback]Ronnie Carter and the T$$AA are money hungry. There is no reason to charge any kid 5 and under....they aren't there to sit and watch the game. They are there because they can't stay at home and their parents must come and watch big brother. This is stupid!

My niece came to MTSU from Franklin Friday night to watch the game. She was charged 7.00 apiece for her 2yr and 4yr old sons. Twentyeight dollars for her family to get in. Five to park. 8.00 for a hamburger and coke.....seriously! I emailed the TSSAA and havent had a response.

QUOTE(Frayser1974 @ May 28 2007 - 11:15 AM) 826468389[/snapback]My niece came to MTSU from Franklin Friday night to watch the game. She was charged 7.00 apiece for her 2yr and 4yr old sons. Twentyeight dollars for her family to get in. Five to park. 8.00 for a hamburger and coke.....seriously! I emailed the TSSAA and havent had a response.

haha don't hold your breath waitin gon that. They don't care!

QUOTE(Frayser1974 @ May 28 2007 - 08:08 AM) 826468338[/snapback]Could someone explain to me why you would charge a two year old child 7.00 dollars to get in any baseball game? I personally think you pay to park for the convenience, not because you have to. What do yall think?

Just as bad as the gas gougers. They know you are going to pay it because once you are there you don't have a choice. Who in their right mind that has ever been to a high school baseball game thinks that it is going to be so packed that someone might not get a seat because a 5 year old is on the front row watching intently!! They will have to answer to someone else one day, instead of being the only show in town. It may be a while but they are going to tick off the wrong person with plenty of resources one day and the fight will be on. They better hope I don't win the lottery.

QUOTE(NEWSTANG @ May 29 2007 - 08:50 AM) 826468696[/snapback]Just as bad as the gas gougers. They know you are going to pay it because once you are there you don't have a choice. Who in their right mind that has ever been to a high school baseball game thinks that it is going to be so packed that someone might not get a seat because a 5 year old is on the front row watching intently!! They will have to answer to someone else one day, instead of being the only show in town. It may be a while but they are going to tick off the wrong person with plenty of resources one day and the fight will be on. They better hope I don't win the lottery.

I got an indirect response to my question. I was reading the complete success story about the Spring Fling and Carter was quoted as saying he had recieved one email about charging 2yr olds to get into the game. He stated that they charge everyone the same at all venues. I wanted to know why. So he really didnt answer my question. It seems to me that the more people you got into the gate, the more you would make at the concessions and t shirts etc. Turning people away from an almost empty stadium is not the answer. I had stated that my niece attended Fri game, but it was Tuesdays opening round!

QUOTE(Frayser1974 @ May 30 2007 - 08:21 AM) 826469002[/snapback]I got an indirect response to my question. I was reading the complete success story about the Spring Fling and Carter was quoted as saying he had recieved one email about charging 2yr olds to get into the game. He stated that they charge everyone the same at all venues. I wanted to know why. So he really didnt answer my question. It seems to me that the more people you got into the gate, the more you would make at the concessions and t shirts etc. Turning people away from an almost empty stadium is not the answer. I had stated that my niece attended Fri game, but it was Tuesdays opening round!

High school sports,its all about the money.Think about all the grand parents on limited budgets coming to games shelling out 5dollars apiece in reg. season and 6-7 dollars in regions and state games.Gets expensive to all parents.If they charged 3 dollars a game think how many more would come.They would spend more at the ball park.The schools will tell you up front that they don't set the prices,Ronnie Carter tssaa does.

QUOTE(plowboy2 @ May 30 2007 - 06:18 PM) 826469233[/snapback]High school sports,its all about the money.Think about all the grand parents on limited budgets coming to games shelling out 5dollars apiece in reg. season and 6-7 dollars in regions and state games.Gets expensive to all parents.If they charged 3 dollars a game think how many more would come.They would spend more at the ball park.The schools will tell you up front that they don't set the prices,Ronnie Carter tssaa does.

It is expensive for students too. I can't even imagine how much money I have spent going to football, basketball, baseball, and soccer games. It is easily over $200 and that is just for my senior year. I wouldn't stop counting if I included the last 3 years.

Our team had to play two games in one day. We all got tickets for the first game. Played, went to eat, came back for the second game and had to pay $7.00 dollars to get back in. The people at the gate said TSSAA said they had to charge us again. That's $14.00 dollars a head in one day. That is ridiculous. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

QUOTE(NEWSTANG @ May 29 2007 - 08:50 AM) 826468696[/snapback]Just as bad as the gas gougers. They know you are going to pay it because once you are there you don't have a choice. Who in their right mind that has ever been to a high school baseball game thinks that it is going to be so packed that someone might not get a seat because a 5 year old is on the front row watching intently!! They will have to answer to someone else one day, instead of being the only show in town. It may be a while but they are going to tick off the wrong person with plenty of resources one day and the fight will be on. They better hope I don't win the lottery.

Chris Harris will have Ronnie Carter on 96.5fm (I forget the name of his new talk show) this afternoon from 3-5 p.m. Chris said "the phone lines would be open" . We should encourage everyone to call in and voice their opinion on things like ticket prices because its ridiculous . Kids 5 and under could care less about the game. If they are like mine, they are under the bleachers or playing catch with other 5 year olds anyway.

Chris Harris will have Ronnie Carter on 96.5fm (I forget the name of his new talk show) this afternoon from 3-5 p.m. Chris said "the phone lines would be open" . We should encourage everyone to call in and voice their opinion on things like ticket prices because its ridiculous . Kids 5 and under could care less about the game. If they are like mine, they are under the bleachers or playing catch with other 5 year olds anyway.

I have had a death in the family and had to cancel the show today, but I will attempt to re-schedule this for Monday if possible. Sorry for the inconvienence but I could not find a sub-in on short notice. Thanks, and it is "The Bottom Line"