17 Under State Tournament

Guest Peanut

You saw the games and the great attitudes of the games

that the Sparks were winning. You did not see the game versus the Elite when they were losing. The terrific attitudes that you are speaking of were not so terrific, especially when the Sparks player came up pushing when it was only physical play and nothing intentional or personal. I will agree with you whole

heartedly that Ashley Haynes is a great player, but

there were several awesome athletes on the court. As far as last years Elite being a better team than this year you may be speaking as far as players go, but this years team is a TEAM that does not care who gets the credit and that is TRUE basketball!!!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree with Angie just a little here. I saw most of the games in this tourney and the ONLY attitude that I saw came from the sparks team. They just seemed to be a little "crude" I guess you could say. As far as a tourney "m.v.p." my vote would have to go with Britney Frazier, Elite. That girl is nothing but smooth, level headed and can take an entire team out of a game when she wants. It was my first chance to see her in action. Haynes was awesome, don't get me wrong, but she didn't perform to the level of hype that I had heard about her. She did have a great attitude though. It was a super tournament all the way around. Go job 17's!!!

Naturally with me being from Clarksville, I personally know Ashley Haynes. She is a real heady kid. She will go to APSU with a hard working attitude, good observation she doesnt trash talk. even when things are getting rough or when shes controlling the game she just keeps playing hard. I think that is what seperates her from most girl stars, her work ethic. Thats too bad that the Sparks were showing a bad attitude, I think it was competitive more than anything. Those are a competitive group of young ladies. Most of the girls in high school have been so use to winning as well as the elite girls and it was prolly tough for them being down so much or whatever. You must remember that not all of those girls were 17 either so that immature factor kicks in. Overall they're a good group of young ladies...Good luck to both teams in Nationals. Is Nationals in Virginia this year or where?

Hey TnBball,

Please let me say that the ENTIRE sparks team did not have a bad attitude and I saw exactely what you say about Ashley. Seemed like a great kid. I suppose that every now and then you let one mouthy player skew your idea of the entire team and that one player for the sparks is the one that stands out in my mind. Like I said though, of the 60 or so girls that I saw compete I saw nothing but class. Girls that were out there for one purpose and that was to play basketball. Not to humiliate their opponent or hurt the other team or to even mouth off to somebody but just to get better at the game. The more I think back on it the more I see the reason that Tennessee ladies basketball is the best in the nation. (wish I could say the same about the refs) ;)

P.S.

The Nationals are in Michigan July 12-20!!!

[Edited by thelma on 5/20/02 1:16P]

[Edited by thelma on 5/20/02 1:18P]

I did see the game with the Elite and I did see Haynes jump up that one time you are talking about. She was getting hammered continuously and could not get a call. She was visibly fustrated. About three people had just came down on top of her, one hard on her head. I know you should not react in that manner but sometimes it is just hard. I saw attitudes out there for both teams and I was just there to watch. Frazier is a great player, but Haynes is the read deal. She can play any position on the floor. In the Tennessee Georgia All Star game, she practically had to run the point and was named MVP. Frazier had a ton of talent around her and couldn't be concentrated on. If you noticed everytime Haynes touched the ball, three people were collasping on her. I can't wait to hear great things about Haynes in college.

Haynes is the real deal, she takes over games quietly. Her will to win is really the best attribute you could ask for from a athlete. Her grades are excellent. I dont mean to brag on her but she is really what you want in a student athlete. That Sparks team will only get better. they're main objective is to get them some attention for colleges because not everyone off that team has sign yet. Haynes should excel on the next level.Thanks TNBBALL

• 2 weeks later...