Covington Baseball Questions?

Mr. Baseball

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard that the Covington coach left for a job in Kentucky because he and his wife have family there and he wanted to be closer to them. About the program, they had a down year this year but they lost 7-8 senior starters from last year;s championship team. I am sure they will rebuild as they have in the past. There is alot of young talent there.

Covington Baseball will be back in full strength in 4-6 years. They have plenty of talent in the next few years to be competetive, but I don't think they will have what it takes to compete on the championship level. A few years from now, all of this should change with a class full of talent. I have grown up playing, watching, and coaching around the town for quite a few years, and mark my word, they will be TOUGH when the class I speak of gets there.

There isn't but one name that pops in my head, and that would be Coach Densford. I played against teams he coached in the past, and he is one of the very best. Knowing some of his former players, he is a hard nosed, no nonsense coach. You either love him or hate him, but there is no denying he is VERY good at what he does. I would love to see him have the chance to lead the Chargers in the upcoming years. Heck, just talking about this is getting me anxious to see who the administration is going to hire. If they want the kids to have the best coach available, he, in my opinion, would be hands down best of the best to hire. That is unless they could ever talk my friend Coach P. to come on back haha.