Georgia - Tennessee All-Star Football Game

oldtimeballer63

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(reaction @ Jun 10 2007 - 10:39 AM) 826473503[/snapback]Heard it was a lot of Ooltewah and some people didn't get to play much at all because of it...

I would like to know who didn't get to play alot in it. Monroe was asked to coach the game and he said he would do it if all of his seniors were invited to play in it and that was agreed upon. Ooltewah's players didn't play the whole game. 1st and 2nd team defense and offense switched every series and Ooltewah's QB didn't play 2nd half. Only kids that didn't play much were the punter/kicker and the Brainerd kid that was hurt after the 1st play of the game.... I did hear a fan in the stands yell to play more Rhea County players. There were only 2 and one started defense while the other switched every series at QB and playe dthe whole 2nd half. I didn't hear any crying from players on the field about Ooltewah this and that.

QUOTE(ImaOWL @ Jun 12 2007 - 11:21 PM) 826474441[/snapback]I would like to know who didn't get to play alot in it. Monroe was asked to coach the game and he said he would do it if all of his seniors were invited to play in it and that was agreed upon. Ooltewah's players didn't play the whole game. 1st and 2nd team defense and offense switched every series and Ooltewah's QB didn't play 2nd half. Only kids that didn't play much were the punter/kicker and the Brainerd kid that was hurt after the 1st play of the game.... I did hear a fan in the stands yell to play more Rhea County players. There were only 2 and one started defense while the other switched every series at QB and playe dthe whole 2nd half. I didn't hear any crying from players on the field about Ooltewah this and that.

Hit me up on AIM and I will let you know.

reaction022

QUOTE(Grundyplayer @ Jun 10 2007 - 08:58 PM) 826473637[/snapback]What kind of talent does Wiggins have each year ? And what is his record year in year out ? Who promotes there kids better than Wiggins ? Here is one that is even better ? How long has Wiggins coached high school football ? He Coached for college prior to Coaching High School Ball... I stand by my opinion that Coach Wiggins is a better coach. Honestly if he coached Ooltewah, they would have won state. JMO. (Oh and Wiggins won, with almost everyone)

There was a variety of kids from EVERY team in the area when Wiggins coached.

I'm a Wiggins fan! I think he's a great coach! But he's also the same coach that didn't want to pick DeWayne Caldwell for the TN team last year.

Quit arguing over which coach is better. They are both great coaches.

QUOTE(GradfromtheNest @ Jun 12 2007 - 10:07 PM) 826474464[/snapback]I'm a Wiggins fan! I think he's a great coach! But he's also the same coach that didn't want to pick DeWayne Caldwell for the TN team last year.

Quit arguing over which coach is better. They are both great coaches.

Did anybody from Notre Dame, which went 8-3 on the year, make the team?

QUOTE(GradfromtheNest @ Jun 13 2007 - 12:03 AM) 826474461[/snapback]ImaOWL, he is talking about the Headden kid...apparently he got in for two plays..but one of them never happened because it was the end of the quarter before the play could get under way.

Am I the only one that finds that unacceptable for an all star game? Remember, I know where you live. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Benny Monroe is a better football coach than CHARLIE WIGGINS. He has like 7 state championship rings. How many does Wiggins have??

Tennessee was robbed this year. Everyone knows that Tennessee should have won the game. Tennessee outplayed Georgia the WHOLE GAME. If you were at the game you would have seen that.

There were 9 coaches from Ooltewah on the Tennessee side, there were 7 from Ridgeland on the Georgia side. If you look at the facts you'll see that there wasn't that much difference?

A lot of players turned down the chance to play in the game so don't blame the coaches for not having kids from every school in East Tennessee. You can't pick everyone and if you did a lot of kids wouldn't get to play.

Coach Monroe is an amazing coach, but you can't judge coaches by state championship rings. It is just not fair. Many excellent coaches are never fortunate enough to make it to that game much less win it. You have to be in the right situation with many factors contributing to a state championship run. It is just not that cut and dry. He also has three rings in football not seven.

Coach Monroe is an amazing coach, but you can't judge coaches by state championship rings. It is just not fair. Many excellent coaches are never fortunate enough to make it to that game much less win it. You have to be in the right situation with many factors contributing to a state championship run. It is just not that cut and dry. He also has three rings in football not seven.

Actually it is 4 not three. He had one at Maryville. He also has one in track. Does that make 5? it isn't that he was in the right situation and "made a run." He won 56 consecutive games. The contributing factor is HARD work. I think the best thing coach Monroe does is gets the best out of what he has. He was the first coach to run the WING T in this area. He was at Cleveland without a quarterback but alot of amazing athletes with speed. He got the Wing T from the University of Delaware. When he was coaching at MTSU they played them and was intrigued by it. It worked so well for him because no one else ran it then.He is Type A when it comes to football. I saw him mowing the football field last weekend! He is a legend. I don't think he is done yet!

Actually it is 4 not three. He had one at Maryville. He also has one in track. Does that make 5? it isn't that he was in the right situation and "made a run." He won 56 consecutive games. The contributing factor is HARD work. I think the best thing coach Monroe does is gets the best out of what he has. He was the first coach to run the WING T in this area. He was at Cleveland without a quarterback but alot of amazing athletes with speed. He got the Wing T from the University of Delaware. When he was coaching at MTSU they played them and was intrigued by it. It worked so well for him because no one else ran it then.He is Type A when it comes to football. I saw him mowing the football field last weekend! He is a legend. I don't think he is done yet!

As I said in football. There is a big difference between 7 and 3. Was he the head coach for the championship at Maryville? Everyone knows that Coach Monroe is a legend there is no argument about that. No one has also questioned his work ethic. I am from Cleveland so I know exactly what kind of athletes he had there. He did an excellent job, but it doesn't hurt to have athletes like that either. I didn't mean to post anything to question Coach Monroe's knowledge or work ethic. I am just saying that every coach can't be judged by the number of rings on his fingers.

Did all the athletes disappear when he left?? Cause the undefeated seasons and championships did!! Yes it helps to have good athletes. I am betting they are still there. Unfortunately for Cleveland, Benny Monroe does not coach at BENNY MONROE STADIUM. And Ooltewah has the good fortune of having him there. What do you mean by qualifiers? No he wasn't the head coach at Maryville. He was the offensive coordinator and called the plays. I guess only HEAD coaches are responsible for wins. Last time I checked they ALL get rings THEREFORE that would be 4. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

He'd be better regarded now if not for so many non-qualifiers at Cleveland.