scrimmages or jamborees

timbdp

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When is the Mountain Lakes Jamboree?

The Mountain Lakes Conference has set the schedule and the pairing for its annual jamboree schedule for Thursday, August 16 at Sullivan South High School.

The festivities begin at 6:00 p.m. with a skills competition and will be followed by four quarters of football between all of the league's eight teams.

Included in the skiils competition are awards for the Fastest Linemen, Fastest Back, Longest Pass, Longest Punt, and Longest Kickoff.

The pairings set by the conference include Unicoi County vs Tennessee High, Sullivan Central vs Elizabethton, Sullivan East vs Johnson County and Sullivan South vs Sulllivan North. All quarters will be twelve minutes in duration.

Admission to the Jamboree is $5 per person.

Here's the complete schedule:

6:00 p.m. - Skills Competition Begins

1st Qtr. -- Unicoi County vs Tennessee High

2nd Qtr. -- Sullivan Central vs Elizabethton

3rd Qtr. -- Sullivan East vs Johnson County

4th Qtr. -- Sullivan South vs Sulllivan North

Note - The team listed first is designated as the home team.

FYI... Franklin varsity beat Hunters Lane last night in a scrimmage at Hunters Lane.

Here is the scoring breakdown:

Varsity

Franklin won 40-7

Junior Varsity

Hunters Lane won 16-0

A jump ball TD pass by Hunters Lane cut the Franklin lead down to 14-7 early, but a combination of Franklin's defense and some Hunters Lane turnovers allowed Franklin to pull away. On offense Franklin was led by sophomore RB Keylo Lee who scored 3 TDs (if I remember correctly). Hunters Lane is probably a little better than what they showed last night. They made a lot of mistakes they probably won't make during the season. I think they had 1 punt blocked and 2 bad snaps on punts. They also fumbled a punt return.

FYI... Franklin varsity beat Hunters Lane last night in a scrimmage at Hunters Lane.

Here is the scoring breakdown:

Varsity

Franklin won 40-7

Junior Varsity

Hunters Lane won 16-0

A jump ball TD pass by Hunters Lane cut the Franklin lead down to 14-7 early, but a combination of Franklin's defense and some Hunters Lane turnovers allowed Franklin to pull away. On offense Franklin was led by sophomore RB Keylo Lee who scored 3 TDs (if I remember correctly). Hunters Lane is probably a little better than what they showed last night. They made a lot of mistakes they probably won't make during the season. I think they had 1 punt blocked and 2 bad snaps on punts. They also fumbled a punt return.

How good is Franklin???? I know that Hunters Lane is expecting a great season in '07.