2nd best Athlete in 1A

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ Jun 5 2007 - 01:01 AM) 826471474[/snapback]Friendship Christians Jeremy Rickaway. Will be a fifth year starter this comming year. Here are last years stats...

229 Carries for 1762 Yards and 22 Touchdowns. It is an average of 7.694 yards a carry and 10.409 carries per touchdown.

Also had 13 catches for 286 yards and 3 Touchdowns. That is an average of 22 yards per catch and 4.3333 catches per touchdown.

He has been the workhorse of the FCS offense since eighth grade and promises to have a very good senior year, is a possible Mr. football finalist and you heard it hear....

I'll bet that if you quizzed ol' coach Mac on the best athlete on the team you'd be surprized at his answer /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(dtruth @ Jun 5 2007 - 03:41 PM) 826471699[/snapback]I'll bet that if you quizzed ol' coach Mac on the best athlete on the team you'd be surprized at his answer /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

No where in my post did i say best athlete /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Somebody asked for stats from last year and he was the offensive stat leader ever since sweeny left for louisville.

going by overall athletes i think that other than rickaway there is 3 or 4 easy that could be considered top athletes in state. FCS has more scat backs and athletes than they know what to do with.

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ Jun 5 2007 - 12:40 PM) 826471598[/snapback]you are entitled to your oppinion and i am not exactly disagreeing wtih you, but i thought i would offer some food for thought. Jeremy Rickaway rushed 20 times for 58 yards against JCS, which is a little less than 3 yards a carry. Marco Dailey rushed 32 times for 99 yards (according to both Jackson sun, and Tennessean) which is an average of a little more than 3 yards a carry. Now if it turned out that both websites are wrong and he rushed 32 times for around 120 yards like some of the Mount Pleasant fans have argued, then he rushed for around 4 yards a carry. The point is that Jeremy Rickaways numbers against JCS were not all that different from Marco Dailey against the same D. (no i am not claiming that Jeremy should be held in the same regard as Marco, i am saying JCS's D was that good).

Best defense I have seen in 1A ball

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ Jun 5 2007 - 03:46 PM) 826471706[/snapback]No where in my post did i say best athlete /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Somebody asked for stats from last year and he was the offensive stat leader ever since sweeny left for louisville.

going by overall athletes i think that other than rickaway there is 3 or 4 easy that could be considered top athletes in state. FCS has more scat backs and athletes than they know what to do with.

Title of this forum "2nd best athlete"

You gave stats and " He has been the workhorse of the FCS offense since eighth grade and promises to have a very good senior year, is a possible Mr. football finalist and you heard it hear...." /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Are you kin to this kid? /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I speak dtruth

QUOTE(jadguitar06 @ Jun 5 2007 - 02:55 PM) 826471669[/snapback]5'9" 170 lbs

Benching 245

squating 400

Laser forty time of 4.53

32" verticle leap.

For Chas. Since were expanding the offense from the wing t, he probally wont have as large numbers. Look for some spread option from the Jackets in the fall.

Thanks. Have any stats on Wynn?

QUOTE(wholder @ Jun 5 2007 - 03:59 PM) 826471709[/snapback]Best defense I have seen in 1A ball

Not ever, last year i would say yes. They had a horrible start to the season, adjusted some things on offense and defense, and then about fifth game things started to click for them. They were a very well coached defense and easily one of the best there was last season, but no where near the best in 1A ever.

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ Jun 5 2007 - 04:18 PM) 826471715[/snapback]Not ever, last year i would say yes. They had a horrible start to the season, adjusted some things on offense and defense, and then about fifth game things started to click for them. They were a very well coached defense and easily one of the best there was last season, but no where near the best in 1A ever.

I did not say best ever, best I have seen in 1A ball.

QUOTE(dtruth @ Jun 5 2007 - 04:17 PM) 826471712[/snapback]Title of this forum "2nd best athlete"

You gave stats and " He has been the workhorse of the FCS offense since eighth grade and promises to have a very good senior year, is a possible Mr. football finalist and you heard it hear...." /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Are you kin to this kid? /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I speak dtruth

No i am not his older brother (or any other relation to him).

I talk decent about him because he is from FCS and that is about it. He was the stat leader last year and stats show that he has at least some athleticism. I do agree with you that the subject of most athletic at FCS is very debatable though...

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ Jun 5 2007 - 04:32 PM) 826471720[/snapback]No i am not his older brother (or any other relation to him).

I talk decent about him because he is from FCS and that is about it. He was the stat leader last year and stats show that he has at least some athleticism. I do agree with you that the subject of most athletic at FCS is very debatable though...

You left out one VERY IMPORTANT stat....TURNOVERS.....and while we're at it go ahead and include "fumbles lost on the opponent's side of the field"

I'm genuinely interested in that stat....cause this is "your" Mr Football.

Thanks

Please speak to dtruth /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(dtruth @ Jun 5 2007 - 09:52 PM) 826471835[/snapback]You left out one VERY IMPORTANT stat....TURNOVERS.....and while we're at it go ahead and include "fumbles lost on the opponent's side of the field"

I'm genuinely interested in that stat....cause this is "your" Mr Football.

Thanks

Please speak to dtruth /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

My Mr. Football?? where did that come from.... As far as the fumbles and such, you know as well as i do that he has a bit of a problem with it. I have already said it once and i will say it again, he has all the tools needed to be a very good back, every once in a while he uses them all. The rest of the time.....

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ Jun 5 2007 - 09:28 PM) 826471887[/snapback]My Mr. Football?? where did that come from.... As far as the fumbles and such, you know as well as i do that he has a bit of a problem with it. I have already said it once and i will say it again, he has all the tools needed to be a very good back, every once in a while he uses them all. The rest of the time.....

My opinion, I don't think Rickaway will have the best offensive stats this coming year.

I believe Markham is much more dependable, and I believe he is an all-around better athlete.

He's still young, but I think he'll shine against older players on other teams.

He already has more playing time than many seniors on other teams and he is just a sophomore.

QUOTE(croz6110 @ Jun 5 2007 - 10:37 PM) 826471898[/snapback]My opinion, I don't think Rickaway will have the best offensive stats this coming year.

I believe Markham is much more dependable, and I believe he is an all-around better athlete.

He's still young, but I think he'll shine against older players on other teams.

He already has more playing time than many seniors on other teams and he is just a sophomore.

My hope is that Markham, Alsup, and Rickaway will all have equal carries. If done correctly would be very hard for a defense to key on anyone.

I say that because i think that this comming year will be much like last year, in yards per carry he is not far ahead of Markham, but he touches the ball at least twice as much and sometimes three times as much as anyone else.