CAK 2007

reaction

QUOTE(reaction @ Jun 7 2007 - 10:55 AM) 826472540[/snapback]bump..

reaction.

I'll give a little to find out more. Young team last year. No pun intended. Seems like it took Cates a while to get going as the QB that had to follow in the footsteps of Rhichard Harb, but by the second half of the season, he seemed to much more relaxed. I like their chances this year. not ready to go out on a limb and say they will knock off Alcoa, but they hung with them as well as most in 2005 when CAK had a more seasoned team. They just got waxed last year. Defense should be very strong. Bennett is one of the better LBs in the area, and I believe already has one offer in the bag from Ohio University (MAC). Wes Stooksbury, and Bo Stanford also return. Trevor Brown who came out of nowhere last yr and Cates should along with Jay Scott provide solid secondary coverage. Up front, I know the Ritchie kid is back, but I think the rest are gone. On offense, Stooksbury is back @ OG, Matlock @ RG, and Matt Huddleston @ OT. The Moran kid should be back @ WR, Fromke if things remain the same could split out, and Logan is back @ RB. They will continue to improve, and become more competitive each yr. Took out Rockwood @ the end of the season for a big win. Perhaps they will have some additions that can provide some depth. Still too many playing both ways. Had a good LB/FB by the name of Kolinsky that I thought was still playing, but heard though the mill that he is focused on baseball. Also don't know what the wind up was with a OL/DL by the name of Witt? Both those kids were promising as far as having the athletic potential to play on Saturdays.

ruse?

QUOTE(ruse? @ Jun 7 2007 - 02:54 PM) 826472608[/snapback]reaction.

I'll give a little to find out more. Young team last year. No pun intended. Seems like it took Cates a while to get going as the QB that had to follow in the footsteps of Rhichard Harb, but by the second half of the season, he seemed to much more relaxed. I like their chances this year. not ready to go out on a limb and say they will knock off Alcoa, but they hung with them as well as most in 2005 when CAK had a more seasoned team. They just got waxed last year. Defense should be very strong. Bennett is one of the better LBs in the area, and I believe already has one offer in the bag from Ohio University (MAC). Wes Stooksbury, and Bo Stanford also return. Trevor Brown who came out of nowhere last yr and Cates should along with Jay Scott provide solid secondary coverage. Up front, I know the Ritchie kid is back, but I think the rest are gone. On offense, Stooksbury is back @ OG, Matlock @ RG, and Matt Huddleston @ OT. The Moran kid should be back @ WR, Fromke if things remain the same could split out, and Logan is back @ RB. They will continue to improve, and become more competitive each yr. Took out Rockwood @ the end of the season for a big win. Perhaps they will have some additions that can provide some depth. Still too many playing both ways. Had a good LB/FB by the name of Kolinsky that I thought was still playing, but heard though the mill that he is focused on baseball. Also don't know what the wind up was with a OL/DL by the name of Witt? Both those kids were promising as far as having the athletic potential to play on Saturdays.

ruse?

There is no Witt. His last name is Worthen and he is back at South Doyle. Derron Logan, no relation, graduated and is playing at Maryville College. If Kolinsky decides to quit football to focus on baseball it will be a shame. The kid doesnt strike me as big time college baseball material and would have a chance to be as stud a tailback as CAK has had in Rusty Bradley's offense.

• 2 weeks later...

whoever says he is quiting and working on baseball is completely wrong. He is always at workouts in the morning. I've never even heard him mention the possibility of quitting football and playing baseball.

There is no Witt. His last name is Worthen and he is back at South Doyle. Derron Logan, no relation, graduated and is playing at Maryville College. If Kolinsky decides to quit football to focus on baseball it will be a shame. The kid doesnt strike me as big time college baseball material and would have a chance to be as stud a tailback as CAK has had in Rusty Bradley's offense.

It doesnt look like there will be any freshman that will get significant playtime this year at least not on varsity. I'm sure they will have alot that will start on JV.

• 1 month later...

Kolinsky is playing football and will start at tailback. He will be huge for CAK this year. They guy up top had know idea what he was talking about. Fromke has never been at wide out; he will be at back up quarterback. Cates will not play secondary; it will consist of Billy High (RCB), Bo Sanford (FS) and Trevor Brown (LCB). Also Coach Bradley has developed a scheme that allows nearly all players to be on one side of the ball. CAK has had three scrimmages over the summer vs St. Benedict, Gibbs, and McMinn Central. The starting defense allowed only one touchdown in each of the three games. While the offens scoring an average of 30 points. Yes they have had a good off season.

CAK over Boyd by 17