east tennessee golf

superdude12

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(superdude12 @ Jun 7 2007 - 09:16 AM) 826472502[/snapback]i have played golf for a long time now. But this is my first year playin on the golf team. i was wonderin what a good score it for a high school golfer?

A really good high school score is in the mid to low 30's but on avg. upper 30's around 40 is still very competitive. IF a team can shoot in the upper 30's and one or two in the mid to low 30's they will win quite often. You can win depending on who and where you are playing with almost everyone in the low 40's and upper 30's. in east tennessee unless you are playong someone like McCallie, Baylor, and Soddy.

well on the course i play like 4 times a week i can shoot in the mid to upper 30's but thats knowin the whole course like every inch of it like the greens the place to be and everything so i dont really know what i would shoot on a course i havnt played much. what does it take to play college golf somewhere haha not that i could but jut wonderin

QUOTE(superdude12 @ Jun 8 2007 - 08:23 PM) 826473065[/snapback]well on the course i play like 4 times a week i can shoot in the mid to upper 30's but thats knowin the whole course like every inch of it like the greens the place to be and everything so i dont really know what i would shoot on a course i havnt played much. what does it take to play college golf somewhere haha not that i could but jut wonderin

First off, you must think you might be able to or you wouldn't ask the question! That's a good thing!!! Don't stop thinking it and don't stop working at it. As for playing and what you need to shoot... It sounds like you need to get to some other courses so you'll learn how to play more than just your usual one. It takes different skills to play different courses well. You need to work on all aspects of your game! It's tough to call out a score you need to shoot because courses vary so much. But you should try to be at or around par for sure! Measure yourself against local competition. Play in tournaments against juniors and against adults so you can see where you stack up. Once you are competitive locally, try to find tougher competition and play against them. (But don't forget that the course is who you really need to play! If you can leave the course feeling like you got about the best score you could, then it's a successful day!) Good luck! Keep working!

i played at a course i didnt know that much 2 days ago and i shoot a 39 the only shot i really messed up was on a par 3 its bout 130 but its down hill so it plays like 110-120 and i hit my 9 iron and i pulled my head up and i hit it so bad it went like maybe 30 yards and i got a 4 on the hole but other than thats i didnt hit to many bad shots the greens were really fast and i wasnt use to it im use to really slow greens but so i guess i done ok

no one really cares on how well you played number 4 the last three days. i mean i shot 68 today with three bogies from the tips at avalon, but no one cares

well maybe i wasnt asked everybody i was just talkin to hozr so nobody cares what u have to so about everybody elses post if u didnt care u sure did take alot of time out of ur day to sit there and make a post to say u didnt care but w/e

do you know what division wartburg central is in? Sorry about being rude to you but unless those rounds you are referring to are tournaments they are pretty pointless because you have little to no pressure. so to improve try and play in tournaments. i mean i can shoot under par almost everytime i play but i cant in tournaments

do you know what division wartburg central is in? Sorry about being rude to you but unless those rounds you are referring to are tournaments they are pretty pointless because you have little to no pressure. so to improve try and play in tournaments. i mean i can shoot under par almost everytime i play but i cant in tournaments

im not 100% sure but i think were in 1a i know in football were 2a but in basketball were 1a so i think were 1a and i understand what ur sayin bout havin no pressure on u unless ur in a tourny i play alot of best ball tournys i have never played a tourny by my self and there is sometime pressure in them