Changes in Class 3A for 2007 Season

CoachT

For someone to say Region 7-3A is stronger than Regions 5-3A or 4-3A is INSANE!!!! Count the state titles in recent years.

Region 2

Region 4

Region 5

Region 7

Region 6

Region 3

Region 1

Region 8

Region 2 has Fulton & Austin East who are always threats to win it all. Knoxville Catholic has been pretty darn good the last two years. I can't possibly leave out Livingston Academy who won it all two years ago. Region 4 has two state title teams in Pearl Cohn & White House. Greenbrier was just in the championship game three years ago and that same year Macon Co. was in the state semifinals. Sycamore has gotten all the way to the quarterfinals twice since 2001. Station Camp did some special things last year almost running the table during the regular season and then winning the school's first ever playoff game. Region 5 has David Lipscomb who is a past championship team and always a threat to win it all. Cheatham Co. has been to the posteason for five straight seasons. Marshall Co. & Page have all experienced deep playoff success in past years. Creek Wood, Giles Co., & Spring Hill have all won postseason games the last two years. Region 7 has Dyersburg, Covington, & Crockett Co. Dyersburg has been to the semifinals twice in recent years. Covington & Crockett Co. have each been to the semifinals and finished as runner-up in the state title game in recent years. Region 6 has Jackson South Side who is always one of west-TN's elite teams. Lexington's football program has built into a contender in recent years. Region 3 has Notre Dame who is solid as they come year in and year out. Both Polk Co. & Meigs Co. are usual playoff programs. Region 1 has Carter who would likely be a playoff team on a year to year basis if they were playing in Region 2. Region 8 has a lot of athletic teams in the Memphis area that are capable of pulling a surpise every now and again as Sheffield did in the opening round of the playoffs two years ago.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For someone to say Region 7-3A is stronger than Regions 5-3A or 4-3A is INSANE!!!! Count the state titles in recent years.

Region 2

Region 4

Region 5

Region 7

Region 6

Region 3

Region 1

Region 8

Region 2 has Fulton & Austin East who are always threats to win it all. Knoxville Catholic has been pretty darn good the last two years. I can't possibly leave out Livingston Academy who won it all two years ago. Region 4 has two state title teams in Pearl Cohn & White House. Greenbrier was just in the championship game three years ago and that same year Macon Co. was in the state semifinals. Sycamore has gotten all the way to the quarterfinals twice since 2001. Station Camp did some special things last year almost running the table during the regular season and then winning the school's first ever playoff game. Region 5 has David Lipscomb who is a past championship team and always a threat to win it all. Cheatham Co. has been to the posteason for five straight seasons. Marshall Co. & Page have all experienced deep playoff success in past years. Creek Wood, Giles Co., & Spring Hill have all won postseason games the last two years. Region 7 has Dyersburg, Covington, & Crockett Co. Dyersburg has been to the semifinals twice in recent years. Covington & Crockett Co. have each been to the semifinals and finished as runner-up in the state title game in recent years. Region 6 has Jackson South Side who is always one of west-TN's elite teams. Lexington's football program has built into a contender in recent years. Region 3 has Notre Dame who is solid as they come year in and year out. Both Polk Co. & Meigs Co. are usual playoff programs. Region 1 has Carter who would likely be a playoff team on a year to year basis if they were playing in Region 2. Region 8 has a lot of athletic teams in the Memphis area that are capable of pulling a surpise every now and again as Sheffield did in the opening round of the playoffs two years ago.

Well OK Im insane ... at least we agree on Region 2 ... I think Region 7 has had some really good teams but they always seem to get upset either by a region 8 team or in Semi's ... lets say on paper I would say Region 7 is second but based on production you are correct Region 4 and 5 are probably there. I still think region 8 goes ahead of Region 1 ..at least region 8 has some upsets to hang their hat on ..Region 1 may have won 1 playoff game in 3 or 4 years .. Carter would be middle to lower of the pack in Region 2 ...

Well OK Im insane ... at least we agree on Region 2 ... I think Region 7 has had some really good teams but they always seem to get upset either by a region 8 team or in Semi's ... lets say on paper I would say Region 7 is second but based on production you are correct Region 4 and 5 are probably there. I still think region 8 goes ahead of Region 1 ..at least region 8 has some upsets to hang their hat on ..Region 1 may have won 1 playoff game in 3 or 4 years .. Carter would be middle to lower of the pack in Region 2 ...

Again...not much you can do when the state champ is to the south of you and there haven't been many upsets of those schools in Region 2...makes Region 7 sound a little weak if Region 8 is upsetting teams.