D11

lookerr2255

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BGA has a solid core of backs and receivers and a fairly experienced line that averages over 200 lbs for the first time in a while. Ramsey at QB and Hannah at RB should have a good year running the O.

Defense that returns almost everyone as well. A lot of experience at LB with Tully and Patterson.

Seivers (TE,DE) should have a great year.

Despite the move up there's pretty good expectations with an easy non region schedule. And the region games are mostly against teams from the AA region last year. BA and Baylor look to be really tough games. No real reason there shouldn't be a 5-1 or 6-0 start.

Prediction: 7-3

And just wondering, how will the play off teams be chosen this year with the new set up?

BGA has a solid core of backs and receivers and a fairly experienced line that averages over 200 lbs for the first time in a while. Ramsey at QB and Hannah at RB should have a good year running the O.

Defense that returns almost everyone as well. A lot of experience at LB with Tully and Patterson.

Seivers (TE,DE) should have a great year.

Despite the move up there's pretty good expectations with an easy non region schedule. And the region games are mostly against teams from the AA region last year. BA and Baylor look to be really tough games. No real reason there shouldn't be a 5-1 or 6-0 start.

Prediction: 7-3

And just wondering, how will the play off teams be chosen this year with the new set up?

so youre saying a team that failed to have a winning record in d-2aa is going to step it up enough to play with the likes of montgomery bell, brentwood acad., and father ryan from the tradtional super 7 conference?....please be slightly more sensible and a little more realistic in your prediction of their record for this coming season. (though this is based on not knowing bga's schedule...but since theyre in the middle region, i would assume they would play the three teams previously listed.)

so youre saying a team that failed to have a winning record in d-2aa is going to step it up enough to play with the likes of montgomery bell, brentwood acad., and father ryan from the tradtional super 7 conference?....please be slightly more sensible and a little more realistic in your prediction of their record for this coming season. (though this is based on not knowing bga's schedule...but since theyre in the middle region, i would assume they would play the three teams previously listed.)

mba isnt on the schedule and ba and father ryan were included in the three losses. besides that the region schedule is made up of old d2aa teams that bga played close last year along with an easier non region schedule.

mba isnt on the schedule and ba and father ryan were included in the three losses. besides that the region schedule is made up of old d2aa teams that bga played close last year along with an easier non region schedule.

i see. but how do you think they will fare in the playoffs? (assuming, obviously, they end up 7-3 or 8-2 or whatever, and make it into the playoffs.) will they be one and done or do they have a chance to step up to big boys and give them a run for their money. (please dont bore with the "anyone cant beat anybody on any given day" story. i understand that.)

i see. but how do you think they will fare in the playoffs? (assuming, obviously, they end up 7-3 or 8-2 or whatever, and make it into the playoffs.) will they be one and done or do they have a chance to step up to big boys and give them a run for their money. (please dont bore with the "anyone cant beat anybody on any given day" story. i understand that.)

What about the Mccallie. Baylor, and Brentwood teams ... what does Father Ryan have to hang their hat on?

i can see where there would be doubt because the past 3 years, but theres enough talent in the backfield to carry the team. and there is enough experience and leadership from the senior, junior, and even sophomore classes that have been missing the past few seasons. as long as the line can put on a bit more weight(starters are at 180,230,220,210,220) that should hold up to. all except one(transfer) started at least one game so theres experience. line is the weak spot though cuz size. the backs/secondary have enough speed and strength to hold with anyone though.

not saying that bga will just come in and have an easy time because this is a different league with ba, baylor, and so on, but this is a different team than in years past.

i can see where there would be doubt because the past 3 years, but theres enough talent in the backfield to carry the team. and there is enough experience and leadership from the senior, junior, and even sophomore classes that have been missing the past few seasons. as long as the line can put on a bit more weight(starters are at 180,230,220,210,220) that should hold up to. all except one(transfer) started at least one game so theres experience. line is the weak spot though cuz size. the backs/secondary have enough speed and strength to hold with anyone though.

not saying that bga will just come in and have an easy time because this is a different league with ba, baylor, and so on, but this is a different team than in years past.

got 'ya. 'preciate the informed post. good luck to yall i guess for this upcoming season.

What is BGA's schedule? They still have to come back and beat teams they lost to the previous year. Its not like thoes teams have all gotten worse. Most of the D2AA teams will take a few years to adjust...Some will make it a point to get better athletes into the school so they can compete. Lukily this year most of these teams have an easier region schedule then the origional DAAA schools. For enstance Webb's region schedule is PJP2, BGA, Ensworth, Father Ryan, McCallie, and Baylor. They can realistically win 4 of thoes games...although it will be hard.....and sit at 4-2 in the region. Say they win the rest of there non region games. that puts them at 8-2. Do they make the playoffs over a mccallie or baylor who may play BA, MBA or some other traditionally tough teams and lose and have a region record of 3-3 and not make the playoffs? Should be interesting to see.