(Better overall team)

DII-Baylor over Brentwood Academy

(Defense and hitting over pitching)_

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest charlemagnelbcking

Many of these senoirs ended their little league careers with a state championship can end their high school careers with one. They have a tough road but i believe they can do it. Fekete and Prugh are excellent with several perfect games under their belts. Also the hitters on the team are very solid. Doig is excellent behind the plate.

3A: Soddy-Daisy over Dickson County

2A: Giles County over Unicoi County

1A: Forrest over Davidson Academy

D2: Brentwood Academy over Father Ryan

These games should be absolutely thrilling! If I didn't have exams/work/all kinds of stuff going on, I'd definitely be in Chattanooga! Here's to having Spring Fling in Nashville next year!

Guest UTM31

I think that Davidson and Forrest will go to Saturday Morning with 3 thrilling and exciting games. Both teams have excellent pitchers and both teams are playing extremely well, eventhough they both lost in the region finals. These should be 3 great games I think Davidson will come out on top in the end.

Guest nat25jb

OK, this may be bitterness coming through, but as usual this is what I think... Forrest should beat Davidson if they play, even though Davidson has a quicker catcher from what I have seen, no offense to Leigh, she is on my summer team, and has great field presence, but Jennifer is just awesome. Also Davidosn's short stop is way more consistant that Forrest's, and that does make a difference. Pitching... I really didn't see anything that impressed me from either team. Davidson has movement, but lots of people have no trouble hitting that. Forrest has good pitch selection, but it may be harder to hit when you get up there, I wouldn't know. Personally I would feel better with Danielle Pieroni on the mound any day. That opinion has nothing to do with her being my friend, she throws harder, and keeps batters on their toes. But she won't have a chance to show that this year. I am sorry if this upsets anyone, It is wierd for me to be sitting here the week of spring fling, and odviously since I am sitting here my thoughts mean nothing b/c I can't even get my own team there, and these players can.

Guest DeeRock

charlemagne is right!!! Maryville will win it not only because they are the best, but because their jersey says maryville. These others teams wont win. Maryville beats soddy daisy and takes home the rings!

• 7 months later...

That was last year 'BABY'........Soddy will win the title in 2003! They have the best pitcher in the state. Last year Frizzell was in a car accident right before the district tournament and wasn't the same after that. She spent all her spare time at the chiropractor trying to get her neck and back straightened out. She is fine now and with a little help from Rachael Harris, Soddy will be back.