Bye-Bye Hartsie, Kimmo

Just announced that the Preds have reached a deal with the Philly Flyers, sending Scottie and Kimmo to them for a 1st round pick, esentially reclaiming the pick back from the Forsburg deal.

I don't think we should've let Kimmo go so easily; Scottie had fallen a little out of favor with the coaching staff. But the money they are getting is WAY more than lame duck owner Leopold would've paid.

I just don't get why NOW, why not wait until Basillie gets the team, gets the say-so, opens up his checkbook.

Oh well, as the Beatles sang- "Oblidi, Oblida, life goes on bra, la-la how the life goes on." /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Just announced that the Preds have reached a deal with the Philly Flyers, sending Scottie and Kimmo to them for a 1st round pick, esentially reclaiming the pick back from the Forsburg deal.

I don't think we should've let Kimmo go so easily; Scottie had fallen a little out of favor with the coaching staff. But the money they are getting is WAY more than lame duck owner Leopold would've paid.

I just don't get why NOW, why not wait until Basillie gets the team, gets the say-so, opens up his checkbook.

Oh well, as the Beatles sang- "Oblidi, Oblida, life goes on bra, la-la how the life goes on." /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

We were not gonna sign all of our free agents... And PK wants to come back here. We are loaded at forward and defense. Since Basillie messed up his original application, it will be a while before he controls the purse strings. Way too late for free agency. Liepold will run the Preds on a tight purse string.... maybe what Basillie wants to discourage fans???

Anyway, if we can sell the tickets and garner the corporate support, Basillie will probably make a few deals toward the end of the year on players to assist in the playoffs...

Agreed, Hartnell and Timonen were not going to sign with Nashville, they went where the $$$ is. I'm not quite sure Kariya is the answer though, I thought last season was certainly not his best. I hope the Preds can pull an ace out of their sleeve to create the interest to sell the tickets needed....

I agree as well. Kariya slipped a bit last season, and was dissappointing in the playoffs. Still, it's truly hard to form an opinion, and there are so many things yet to unfold, giving the current status of the team.

I have no idea what is going through the minds of everyone involved.

I do, however, hope to have the same type of help from the commissioner to keep our team here, as was given to keep the Penguins in Pittsburgh. Will we, though? Considering we are in a non-traditional market, get the same type of support from Bettman and Co? One can only hope.