Best Opening Game in West, Middle, East?

allstate1992

03, Red Rebels, and blueangel...

Try 15,000+

CBHS always has 7,000 people in our stands; Melrose always has 7,000 people in their stands.

Follow me here- that makes 14,000, already making the attendance at Alcoa vs. Maryville look like a middle school game. Then, add the people left over from the other two games of the day, waiting to watch CBHS vs. Melrose, bringing the total to somewhere between 15,000-20,000.

You wanna talk about hot? All those people, Memphis humidity, and turf all lead to one thing- 130+ field temp. on gameday.

nothing compares

Duff

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try 15,000+

CBHS always has 7,000 people in our stands; Melrose always has 7,000 people in their stands.

Follow me here- that makes 14,000, already making the attendance at Alcoa vs. Maryville look like a middle school game. Then, add the people left over from the other two games of the day, waiting to watch CBHS vs. Melrose, bringing the total to somewhere between 15,000-20,000.

You wanna talk about hot? All those people, Memphis humidity, and turf all lead to one thing- 130+ field temp. on gameday.

nothing compares

Duff

7000 and it was supposed to be a JV game, One of the booster club parents told me the attendence was closer to 12000 last year they brought in almost $90000 in one game of concessions and gate money, It sounds like you have some good fans in west tn 7000 in regular attendence sounds like a dream, needless to say your boosters must be loaded in food and concessions sales...

are any of these games gonna be televised or on the web?

i believe the bridges kickoff classic games will be televised. (briarcrest vs. white station, mus vs. ridgeway, CBHS vs. melrose)

they have been on television the past couple of years, though im not sure which channel/station will be carrying them this time around since the memphis area has recently switched to comcast and given timewarner the proverbial "boot."

Try 15,000+

nothing compares

Duff

not to mention no breeze whatsoever because of the layout of the liberty bowl. i almost want to say its cooler on the field than it was last year in the stands....about as close to "hot as heck" as ive ever been. lol.

• 4 weeks later...

i believe the bridges kickoff classic games will be televised. (briarcrest vs. white station, mus vs. ridgeway, CBHS vs. melrose)

they have been on television the past couple of years, though im not sure which channel/station will be carrying them this time around since the memphis area has recently switched to comcast and given timewarner the proverbial "boot."

[

/quote

Isnt Covington playing White Station?