Class 3A: Region 3 Favorites

CoachT

Who is the region favorite in 2007?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the region favorite in 2007?

Anybody who has been around this area and knows anything about high school football appreciates the success of the Meigs County High football program. Since the early 90's, they have been consistent winners against all area teams. No one can argue that they have dominated the last 15 years against rivals such as Polk County and McMinn Central. Until Tyner and Boyd moved to 2A, the Tigers were always the team to beat. During this span they beat up on the so called great valley teams from Marion, Bledsoe and Sequachie Counties. They move to 3A and still continue to beat the "best". Most recently they were the 3-3A Champ 2006. During this past 15 years it obvious to me that they have great players, quality coaching and outstanding community support. I do not think the Tigers are disrespected. In fact they are held in high regard by the old warhorse.

Nice post --thanks for the compliments --i think meigs county coaches, players, and fans play the disrespect card as a way to motivate each other--i know for a fact coach martin does- if you ever ask him how the team is going to be he starts telling you how bad they are going to be but with the feeling that they might have a chance in a couple of games. Playing with something to prove is just a way of life in decatur. looking forward to the start of high school football--know more michael vick, or cheating nba refs or steroids if baseball just good ole fashion high school football.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You hear that Yellow Jackets?

Lock up the field house. Stop mowing the grass. Call off the delivery trucks to the concession stand. Cheerleaders, put away your pom-poms.

No need and even bothering with it Grundy Co. You don't have a chance.

We'll see Old Warhorse.

We'll see.

DL.

After reading the article about Grundy's Coach Pickett, I would like to name a new favorite in the 3-3A race. My best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery. We can all benefit from his example of determination and perserverance. Good Luck Coach Pickett!

I would agree with almost everything stated by old warhorse, except I might leave Polk off of the dominated list, 2006 was Meigs' first victory over Polk in the last 6 seasons. Not to take anything away from what Meigs does. Over the past 15 years they have been consistent. But, I believe in general, 3-3A doesn't get much respect, I think it goes back to when this region only had 5 teams. The way to earn respect is to win first round playoff games, and that hasn't happened lately, maybe this year will be the year. I see this region as a total toss up between ND, Polk, Howard, and Meigs.

I would agree with almost everything stated by old warhorse, except I might leave Polk off of the dominated list, 2006 was Meigs' first victory over Polk in the last 6 seasons. Not to take anything away from what Meigs does. Over the past 15 years they have been consistent. But, I believe in general, 3-3A doesn't get much respect, I think it goes back to when this region only had 5 teams. The way to earn respect is to win first round playoff games, and that hasn't happened lately, maybe this year will be the year. I see this region as a total toss up between ND, Polk, Howard, and Meigs.

I AGREE WITH YOU---YOU ARE EXACTLY RIGHT UNTIL THIS REGION STARTS WINNING IN THE PLAYOFFS THEN THEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE DISRESPECTED --I WAS TALKING ABOUT MEIGS GETTING MORE RESPECT IN THE REGION YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT--IF YOU GO BACK AND CHECK THEY ARE ALWAYS PICKED 4TH, 5TH, 6TH OR LOWER-BUT AS STATED EARLIER IN MY POST I THINK THIS IS EXACTLY THE WAY THE MEIGS FAITHFUL LIKE IT --PLAYING TO PROVE PEOPLE WRONG.

I AGREE WITH YOU---YOU ARE EXACTLY RIGHT UNTIL THIS REGION STARTS WINNING IN THE PLAYOFFS THEN THEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE DISRESPECTED --I WAS TALKING ABOUT MEIGS GETTING MORE RESPECT IN THE REGION YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT--IF YOU GO BACK AND CHECK THEY ARE ALWAYS PICKED 4TH, 5TH, 6TH OR LOWER-BUT AS STATED EARLIER IN MY POST I THINK THIS IS EXACTLY THE WAY THE MEIGS FAITHFUL LIKE IT --PLAYING TO PROVE PEOPLE WRONG.

Er has had a good year recruiting..er I mean with transfers and will be very good.

Coach James is one of the best around and coaching what he has, and this year he has talent.

You have to be kidding me. I agee with everyone except ER. How could you put them ahead of Howard. Not saying my hustlin tigers are a dominant force but ER. Come on the only bright spot on the team was the QB and he is gone. Howard still has their QB that finished the season along with wideouts Brandon Allen and Darrius Ricks and Jehron Reynolds. They still have tremaine hudson in the backfield

How are things looking down in Polk County right now? Trevor Stephens is out for a few weeks with a neck injury sustained during a scrimage game at Cleveland... Will this hurt the team?

~Come to think of it, I do believe them Catz are gonna cross that river bridge close to where I live at, and finally win the Region Championship. The Raby boy has really empressed me with his motivation and leadership the past year and I believe he will help lead Davis and hiz boiz to some Gold. I've tried finding gold my whole live down by the river, and I alwayz fail, but the Catz may get lucky and find some.

~And always remember Matt Foley.... "The Motivational Speaker"

Just wondering not trying to be a smart ellic, when was the last time Polk Co. won a region championship in football?

The warhorse has searched for this historic information. The last time I remember a long run in the playoffs, Larry Davies was the head coach. Sometime in the late 80's they lost to Marion County in the semis. Most likely won the old District 5AA championship. I do not recall them winning any in the 90's. Polk was not a factor in 2A after the classification change in 93. After moving to 3A and hiring the prodigal son, they have been close.

Polk will be in the hunt in 2007. Howard and Norte Dame are the favorites. Meigs and Polk will be around the top of the region. Watch out if the Chargers get started with a win against Loudon. Coach James and his Pioneers might also be better than most people think. This will be an exciting year in 3-3A.