Playoff schedule

I have noticed over the last couple of years or so that Region 6 gets the shaft when it comes playoff time. They always have a road game. The rotation is screwed up like that. Probably for regions 2, 4, and 8 as well. Example: MP wins the region in 6, JB wins in region 5. Rotation says 6 travels to 5. JB wins and gets another home game with the winner of 7 & 8. The next year MP wins region 6, JB wins region 5, MP wins but has to travel to JCS because of the rotation. Basically region can win all the way through in any year and still has to travel either in the 3rd or 4th round. It should be rotated every 2 years so that regions 1, 3, 5 and 7 have to travel even if they win. Let me know if your regions differ from this.

I have noticed over the last couple of years or so that Region 6 gets the shaft when it comes playoff time. They always have a road game. The rotation is screwed up like that. Probably for regions 2, 4, and 8 as well. Example: MP wins the region in 6, JB wins in region 5. Rotation says 6 travels to 5. JB wins and gets another home game with the winner of 7 & 8. The next year MP wins region 6, JB wins region 5, MP wins but has to travel to JCS because of the rotation. Basically region can win all the way through in any year and still has to travel either in the 3rd or 4th round. It should be rotated every 2 years so that regions 1, 3, 5 and 7 have to travel even if they win. Let me know if your regions differ from this.

I guess it's all in how you look at it...yes region 6 will never get back-to-back home games in rounds 3, & 4 but they will be guaranteed one home game out of the two every year. On the other hand, region 5 can have back-to back home games in rounds 3, & 4 but the next year they will have back-to-back away games as well. In looking at this, I don't see how rotating it every 2 years would help matters because the round 4 games would have to rotate as well which would cause back-to-back years of home or away games in round 4.

Region 3 never has to travel. We have pull with THE MAN ! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

I guess it's all in how you look at it...yes region 6 will never get back-to-back home games in rounds 3, & 4 but they will be guaranteed one home game out of the two every year. On the other hand, region 5 can have back-to back home games in rounds 3, & 4 but the next year they will have back-to-back away games as well. In looking at this, I don't see how rotating it every 2 years would help matters because the round 4 games would have to rotate as well which would cause back-to-back years of home or away games in round 4.

don't you think it would be nice to have home field advantage all the way through? region 6 never gets that. region 5 has the opportunity every other year. and yes it would stink to have to travel both games the next year.

don't you think it would be nice to have home field advantage all the way through? region 6 never gets that. region 5 has the opportunity every other year. and yes it would stink to have to travel both games the next year.

I totally agree; it was very nice back in '05 knowing you played at home every game. I just don't see how it can be fixed with the current alignment.

Good teams overcome, bad teams make excuses

guys after the first 2 rounds when you should be down to all #1 seeds (hypothetically) the system is about as fair as it can be. It is based on even and odd years matching with even and odd regions and sections. If you went to the championship game 4 years in a row as the #1 seed from your region you would have 4 different scenarios in 4 years.

1. 1 year you would have 2 home games

2. 1 year you would hve 2 road games

3. 1 year you would play at home week 3 and away week 4

4. 1 year you would play away week 3 and at home week 4

It doesn't get much more fair than that. It is just a matter of being fortunate enough to hit the right year to get all the home games, or good enough to go 4 years in a row.

Good teams overcome, bad teams make excuses

Thats an unfit quote. You obviuosly dont know squat to assume Mt. Pleasant had a bad team. Duh....duh....duhhhh. He wasnt making an excuse, he is thinking the same thing Im thinking...........it would be nice to get home field all the way to the Championship.

Its considered an ADVANTAGE.

Thats an unfit quote. You obviuosly dont know squat to assume Mt. Pleasant had a bad team. Duh....duh....duhhhh. He wasnt making an excuse, he is thinking the same thing Im thinking...........it would be nice to get home field all the way to the Championship.

Its considered an ADVANTAGE.

I agree it is an advantage, but i have yet to see a semi-final game that is close enough that home field advantage would reverse the decision.