Goose..if you're out there?

volmash

What it is your take on Region 2 1A? I guess Coalfield is probably the team to beat again? I'm also hear rumblings that midway could be tough this year. And of course I have to know your take on the Devils. Hope you are doing good buddy...hope to see you this fall! --Mash

What it is your take on Region 2 1A? I guess Coalfield is probably the team to beat again? I'm also hear rumblings that midway could be tough this year. And of course I have to know your take on the Devils. Hope you are doing good buddy...hope to see you this fall! --Mash

I would still say Coalfield is No. 1 right now but not by much. They are going to be strong up front and they will have at least two good running backs. Their LBs will be as good as anybody around.

I'll say Midway No. 2. Losing Lyle hurts a lot but they still have a lot of speed. Probably Moser's best group of skill guys. Ray will be the horse but Stansbury, Poe, Davidson and Pressley are also playmakers.

I think Harriman could be third (or higher). Losing Goins, Chatman and all the Williams' hurts but last year's team was so deep. Their line will be experienced and they still have tons of speed. They will need someone other than A.J. Johnson to make plays. If that happens then they could battle for the title.

4-5 I'd say Oneida or Greenback. I believe both are a year away.Greenback was young last year but they had a good offense. However, their defense was awful. Oneida was the opposite, good defense but no offense. I think these two could be the top in the district next year.

Sunbright and Oakdale are rebuilding. From what I hear Oakdale has something like 25-30 eighth graders and freshmen. If Coach Strickland gets them in the weight room and they keep those numbers then Oakdale could be a top team in 2-3 years.