Division II: Class AA Favorites

CoachT

Who is the favorite in 2007?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the favorite in 2007?

Rumor is he's not even starting right now. And about recruiting- McCallie picked up 15 boarder football players- one a qb from chicago but he's far from a stud I hear. I also herd McCallie got beat by Boyd in 7-7 pretty badly.

also, mccallie is a school that affords students the option of BOARDING. is it not fair for them to have students that live on campus?

and why would mccallie "recruit" players that arent blue-chip prospects, pretty sure their coaches are smarter than that....you shouldnt have even mentioned recruiting with an argument like that.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also, mccallie is a school that affords students the option of BOARDING. is it not fair for them to have students that live on campus?

and why would mccallie "recruit" players that arent blue-chip prospects, pretty sure their coaches are smarter than that....you shouldnt have even mentioned recruiting with an argument like that.

I don't think it is a very big advantage. McCallie usually fields a good team but they haven't dominated Div II so again no boarding hasn't been unfair. You have such an issue with recruiting leave the dead horse dead. You also have to understand that the schools that you say "recruit" also have high academic standards; so it is not like they can get whomever they want and keep them there.

You are also very ignorant if you think 7 vs 7 means nothing. No, it does not mean you will beat the team you played in a full real game of football but it does tell you some things about the receivers and the quarterback. That is what 7 vs 7 is for. It lets receivers polish their routes against live competition and quarterbacks throw. Thank you and come again.

I don't think it is a very big advantage. McCallie usually fields a good team but they haven't dominated Div II so again no boarding hasn't been unfair. You have such an issue with recruiting leave the dead horse dead. You also have to understand that the schools that you say "recruit" also have high academic standards; so it is not like they can get whomever they want and keep them there.

You are also very ignorant if you think 7 vs 7 means nothing. No, it does not mean you will beat the team you played in a full real game of football but it does tell you some things about the receivers and the quarterback. That is what 7 vs 7 is for. It lets receivers polish their routes against live competition and quarterbacks throw. Thank you and come again.

my choice of words were obviously misleading. i have no problem with mccallie and baylor having students, maybe even some athletes, that board at the school. i can honestly care less. great for them.

and yes im very ignorant. (im a Christian Brothers alum, you should know that. ha.) but im also very sarcastic. my point was that hillsboro competed with some of the "best high schools in the nation" (in terms of football wins/losses) and did well in a 7 on 7 tournament. BUT when it came time to strap it on and take on "lowly" (again, sarcasm) brentwood academy, the burros couldnt quite get it done (yes i know it was a mere practice game).....never said anything concerning 7 on 7 not being good for quarterbacks and receivers. good day sir.

my choice of words were obviously misleading. i have no problem with mccallie and baylor having students, maybe even some athletes, that board at the school. i can honestly care less. great for them.

and yes im very ignorant. (im a Christian Brothers alum, you should know that. ha.) but im also very sarcastic. my point was that hillsboro competed with some of the "best high schools in the nation" (in terms of football wins/losses) and did well in a 7 on 7 tournament. BUT when it came time to strap it on and take on "lowly" (again, sarcasm) brentwood academy, the burros couldnt quite get it done (yes i know it was a mere practice game).....never said anything concerning 7 on 7 not being good for quarterbacks and receivers. good day sir.

It is VERY obvious you are a Christian Brothers alum. If I remember correctly you said "7 on 7 means nothing" and that implies it does nothing for anyone. Choose your words more carefully and maybe you won't like a complete moron who is "very sarcastic". =/ The day is mine.

It is VERY obvious you are a Christian Brothers alum. If I remember correctly you said "7 on 7 means nothing" and that implies it does nothing for anyone. Choose your words more carefully and maybe you won't like a complete moron who is "very sarcastic". =/ The day is mine.

complete moron pretty much sums it up. thanks bud. but ill take being considered a moron over a mussy any day. remember, daddy's buying.

and, no, when it comes to strapping it on, 7 on 7 means very little. is it a good way for qb's and receivers to get timing down and figure out each others tendencies? sure. does it mean a whole lot on friday nights? not really.

complete moron pretty much sums it up. thanks bud. but ill take being considered a moron over a mussy any day. remember, daddy's buying.

and, no, when it comes to strapping it on, 7 on 7 means very little. is it a good way for qb's and receivers to get timing down and figure out each others tendencies? sure. does it mean a whole lot on friday nights? not really.

Yes, oh great guru of the pigskin. I guess I am just confused why every high school, college team, and professional team incorporates 7 on 7 into their training regimen. Lets waste time on something that does not correlate at all to helping us win!!!! Maybe you should write a book and let all of these people who have been doing these things for years and let them know they have it all wrong.

Well last time I checked every father buys until the kid is about 18. Jealousy is not becoming my friend. Does it really bother you that much that I will ALWAYS be better than you?

Yes, oh great guru of the pigskin. I guess I am just confused why every high school, college team, and professional team incorporates 7 on 7 into their training regimen. Lets waste time on something that does not correlate at all to helping us win!!!! Maybe you should write a book and let all of these people who have been doing these things for years and let them know they have it all wrong.

Well last time I checked every father buys until the kid is about 18. Jealousy is not becoming my friend. Does it really bother you that much that I will ALWAYS be better than you?

What makes one person better than another?

What makes one person better than another?

According to brosbaseball because I am a mussy and daddy is buying. Honestly there are many ways one can be better than another person. For instance every NFL player is better than me with no deviation. I am better at following the rules of society than those who are incarcerated. I could go on for hours but I really would not think simple vocabulary would need to be explained to one who can operate a computer.

burn. you got me there. i have it all wrong as far as 7 on 7 is concerned, and for that i apologize because youve had to take time out of your precious day spending daddy's money to let me know this.

you're correct, jealousy is not becoming. it is a sickness....hope you get well soon, my friend!

good luck to the owls, buzzards, or my personal favorite, mussies, this coming season.

Good answer for someone who in another post was going to cap me with a nine. You stated your IQ was to high to be a coach,what do you do?

You were the one who implied I was Pacman, so I merely humoured you. I do school, law, one year left in undergrad.

burn. you got me there. i have it all wrong as far as 7 on 7 is concerned, and for that i apologize because youve had to take time out of your precious day spending daddy's money to let me know this.

you're correct, jealousy is not becoming. it is a sickness....hope you get well soon, my friend!

good luck to the owls, buzzards, or my personal favorite, mussies, this coming season.

Is there an echo in here?

Likewise, good luck to the brothers, I am glad to see the cross-track rival still burns strong.