CoachT

Who is the favorite in 2007?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the favorite in 2007?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disapprove of the new changes alltogether. We have fallen SO far from the Super 7 that it is rediculous! BGA, St. B., Briarcrest, and Ensworth don't belong on the field with teams of the calibur to which BA, McCallie, CBHS, MBA, Baylor, MUS, and Father Ryan play. Knox Webb and ECS, I believe, will be able to compete, shown by ECS defeating both MUS and CBHS last year, but then losing to Knox Webb. For those two teams it will be a similar situation, although not on the same level, as Alcoa playing larger schools; the best team from a lower division competing against the best from higher divisions.

The reason, from what I've gathered, for adding more teams is to reduce travel. My question is who was the travelling hurting? Certainly not the competition level. Forget "local rivalries." What about statewide rivalries? The only good I see coming from this is that the playoffs will be more competitive; however, you do lose the value of what a league game in the Super 7 used to mean.

Duff