McKenzie Football

cptjack34

Steele Reported It Was Since 2000 Sorry. lol http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10 We Have Won 9.25 Games A Season Since Year 2000 And 5 of Those Years Was In 2A. But We Are Over-Rated Huh?

Thank ya' for clearing that up bro!!! Naaaah, we've got a pretty decent program goin' here. And it's startin' to finally pay dividends for us. As I am learning though, the better a program gets the more monsterman99's show up. I gotta learn how to deal with them and still be "ME"! We all already know how you deal with them!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The answer to this thread is still a presounding "No!" I have seen Jo Byrns and White House-Heritage in action. IMO, one of those two will win the 1A title. At the end of the day, McKenzie does not enjoy the luxury of being a "bedroom community" ala WHH or Jo Byrns. Actually, WHH stands to be a much better team in the future due to their proximity to Nashville. The only negating factor is that they will likely move to 2A. Jo Byrns is very disciplined and could very easily win the state title this year. Cascade is very good as well. I strongly believe that Jo Byrns, WHH, or Cascade will win the state title at the 1A level this year.

And You'll have It My Friend.

You got something you need to tell us about 'ol buddy?? Are some of us gonna need to take a day off for cookin' or anything if a certain game happens????? /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

The answer to this thread is still a presounding "No!" I have seen Jo Byrns and White House-Heritage in action. IMO, one of those two will win the 1A title. At the end of the day, McKenzie does not enjoy the luxury of being a "bedroom community" ala WHH or Jo Byrns. Actually, WHH stands to be a much better team in the future due to their proximity to Nashville. The only negating factor is that they will likely move to 2A. Jo Byrns is very disciplined and could very easily win the state title this year. Cascade is very good as well. I strongly believe that Jo Byrns, WHH, or Cascade will win the state title at the 1A level this year.

And your arguement (with all your profound knowledge of McKenzie) is what??? We all got bedrooms too!!!!!! They are better 'cause they are closer to Nashville??? We aren't as good because we're country??? One of them may win the state title this season but, it won't be because we are inferior people because we are from little 'ol McKenzie. We're all class A you know.

The fact that we may be a threat to your "bedroom community" thinking is the only reason you are on this thread. You sound like a Lipscomb boy!!!!!

Duckie:

Read back through this thread. I grew up in WT and now live in MT. For a long time, I defended the "outside of Shelby County" WT teams. But as I have grown older and wiser, I can tell you that the product in MT and ET is much superior to WT (even though all are watered down due to TSSAA classifications).

McKenzie won't win anything other than perhaps a meaningless Region title in 2007. When it comes time to separate the wheat from the chaff, they will fold like a 1 man pup tent. Don't believe me? Look up the facts. I believe (without looking) that WT teams have only won 19 titles across all classifcations since 1982 (25 years). And the majority of those were Memphis teams (Melrose, ECS, and Bishop Byrne). Don't hate the messenger, but rather the message.

Duckie:

Read back through this thread. I grew up in WT and now live in MT. For a long time, I defended the "outside of Shelby County" WT teams. But as I have grown older and wiser, I can tell you that the product in MT and ET is much superior to WT (even though all are watered down due to TSSAA classifications).

McKenzie won't win anything other than perhaps a meaningless Region title in 2007. When it comes time to separate the wheat from the chaff, they will fold like a 1 man pup tent. Don't believe me? Look up the facts. I believe (without looking) that WT teams have only won 19 titles across all classifcations since 1982 (25 years). And the majority of those were Memphis teams (Melrose, ECS, and Bishop Byrne). Don't hate the messenger, but rather the message.

Ask Forrest baseball team who beat them. Little ole McKenzie. 2006 Single A State Champions. We did it in baseball and we are very capable and have the talent ot do it in football. I would not be so quick to make predictions just yet. isn't Forrest somewhere around big ole Nashville?

And your arguement (with all your profound knowledge of McKenzie) is what??? We all got bedrooms too!!!!!! They are better 'cause they are closer to Nashville??? We aren't as good because we're country??? One of them may win the state title this season but, it won't be because we are inferior people because we are from little 'ol McKenzie. We're all class A you know.

The fact that we may be a threat to your "bedroom community" thinking is the only reason you are on this thread. You sound like a Lipscomb boy!!!!!

Mckenzie has played one of the toughest class A schedules with 6 teams currently @ 6-3 records and 1 team @ 5-4 record. Mckenzie has shut out 5 teams this year and should get thier 6th of the year friday night. The defense is the most physical i have ever seen suit up in my 30+ years i have watched Mckenzie. Till you watch us I believe i would keep my mouth shut.

Duckie:

Along with what pinchhitter threw in another little fact that you might have missed is that the times they are a changin' because it was little 'ol JCS from here in west TN that took the gold ball last season in class A and they are the ones who put us our. And we are better now.

I don't really care where you are from originally, you still sound like a spoiled little Lipscomb boy!!! Just because one is from Middle or East TN doesn't make them automatically superior. Grow up!! We may not win it but, whoever has to stop us better come prepared to lay it all out at our house to do it!!!

I grew up in middle Tennessee and I will be the first to admit when I first came to Bethel we would sit around and talk about the classes of football and you could not convince me that W Tn was better football. I played at White House and at that time, yes, middle Tennessee was the dominant part of the state in football. But that was when we had 3 classifications. Now with 5 it is somewhat even across the board with the exception of 4 and 5 A. But 1, 2 and 3A are very close. You can't compare what happened when it was 3 classifications to now 5. Lets face it, if we still had 3 classifications, you would have McKenzie, Trenton, Huntingdon, Milan, Westview, Camden, Union City, JCS, TCA, Fayette, Bruceton...all playing single A football along with JB, Cascade, Trousdale Co, etc.... A couple of those may be border line A-AA.

I grew up in middle Tennessee and I will be the first to admit when I first came to Bethel we would sit around and talk about the classes of football and you could not convince me that W Tn was better football. I played at White House and at that time, yes, middle Tennessee was the dominant part of the state in football. But that was when we had 3 classifications. Now with 5 it is somewhat even across the board with the exception of 4 and 5 A. But 1, 2 and 3A are very close. You can't compare what happened when it was 3 classifications to now 5. Lets face it, if we still had 3 classifications, you would have McKenzie, Trenton, Huntingdon, Milan, Westview, Camden, Union City, JCS, TCA, Fayette, Bruceton...all playing single A football along with JB, Cascade, Trousdale Co, etc.... A couple of those may be border line A-AA.

V & T you know why Lipscomb boy left don't you. Not enough playing time in WTN so he had to move to middle to carry the water. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Mckenzie has played one of the toughest class A schedules with 6 teams currently @ 6-3 records and 1 team @ 5-4 record. Mckenzie has shut out 5 teams this year and should get thier 6th of the year friday night. The defense is the most physical i have ever seen suit up in my 30+ years i have watched Mckenzie. Till you watch us I believe i would keep my mouth shut.

I have not seen Mckenzie play this year, but I saw them in there 05 and 06 seasons. I will say those teams could play with any team that we have here region 5. I know that your boys and our boys every friday night are going to go out an play with all the heart that they have. We both in our own regions need to stand behind our teams. No matter what happens. Good luck to our Rebles. Hope to see ya'll some where in the play-offs.