Chattanooga Central

Just wondering, when did CSLA start going past the 8th grade? And FatSak did touch , IMO, the biggest reason that Hamilton County's school system has as many problems that it does, magnet schools. It's strange that Chattanooga has more magnet schools than Nashville/Davidson County, a county that is about 5 times larger. Plus Chattanooga has more private schools per capita that any other system in the state, just a little bit ironic. (wasn't trying to start another public/private debate, just stating something I saw in the TFP)

They dont,I meant middle school.either way,doesnt make it right.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep Owl fan I said test scores, check the data and you will find Central not on the list of targeted schools by the state b/c of scores on the Gateway and End of Course exams but the almighty neighbor up the road is on THE LIST as they say. Don't get on here and talk crap unless you are taking care of the problems at your own doorstep!! Also do not be surprised as the tide of kids from Hunter begin to swing toward Harrison, it is happening as we speak!!

the only kids that are doing that are kids whoo dont think they will get any playing time at ooltewah. you guys can have em.

You owls are really something else. You know, it was only about five or six years ago when Central pounded your tails by about 40 pts. Things change, and they will change again for you guys in a couple of years when the new school opens. Maybe then you will drop back to 4A and we can compete for a championship instead of bragging rights.

Until then, worry about your own house. Central High School is doing just fine.

You owls are really something else. You know, it was only about five or six years ago when Central pounded your tails by about 40 pts. Things change, and they will change again for you guys in a couple of years when the new school opens. Maybe then you will drop back to 4A and we can compete for a championship instead of bragging rights.

Until then, worry about your own house. Central High School is doing just fine.

if you guys dont drop us from your schedule again, go owls!

I agree with you on one thing, Hamilton County needs to work to improve their schools. The point I was making is Central is changing and for the better. Mr. Sharpe is an excellent principal, test scores are improving and I think in time you will se the football program improve. These other schools, such as Ooltewah, need to worry about their own problems, overcrowding, test scores and discipline problems. Concern yourself with your football program and their season b/c that is what the Pounders are concerned about not what the Owls are doing!!

The good ole Central and Ooltewah people with the trash talking...I graduated for Central last year and done my fair share of talking on here.

I just want to comment on a thing or two that i read in this thread.

I hate it how Ooltewah kids or adults for that matter come in to all of Central threads and talk ish. Stay out of our threads...I mean were we all up in your thread my freshman or sophomore year which ever year we beat yall? I doubt it. I heard something about test scores in this thread....Also you might want to check out DRUG BUSTS...Everyone makes Central out to be this awful school....Do me a favor and see how many people got arrested/suspended/expelled for drugs last year between the two schools...I bet Ooltewah has 80% of it. Enough with that though...I could care less, just hate how all the Ooltewah people make Central out to be an awful school.

Another thing...Yes i graduated from Central, but seriously you can't just drop Ooltewah from your schedule...That is the dumbest thing ever. I mean seriously that is the best rival around Chatt. or one of the best anyways and we just drop them...Who cares if they "take people's players" or whatever...You don't just drop a rival from your schedule even if you are getting it handed to you every year. I loved going to the Central Ooltewah games and honestly i think i had more fun when we were getting it handed to us then the year that we beat yall.

Anyways i'm done and i probably wont post again in this thread...So if you Ooltewah people want to talk some ish that is fine by me...Wont be the first and wont be the last.

Another thing...I saw where Wardog said something about Mr. Sharp. He is a good principal...Honestly i can't stand the man...Didn't like him the two years he was there, but he is a good principal. Central changed so much from my first two years to the last. Sharp doesn't take no crap and doesn't show favoritism like Cowan did. If you knew Cowan you never had to worry about getting suspended. So yeah just figured i would throw that in there as well.

No one from Ooltewah is concerned with Central... What in the world are you guys talking about?

Well then stay the heck out of the thread...If i'm not mistaken it said nothing about Ooltewah in this thread until you came in here running your mouth...May not have been you...but there was a few people that did it....

Question for you...Do you live on this site? I mean seriously you responded to my post with in like 2 min. I was writing a little something else and next thing i know by the time that is posted you already started running that mouth again...Go out and enjoy life my friend.